------ Follow up post added September 17th, 2010 10:15 PM ------

LOL Dale. YGM back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 21st, 2010, 07:33 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug
Many come and go - and leak fluids.

I have a job offer to trailer a boat south from Maine to GA or so - may take the offer so if that works out I could use the RRC to trailer the boat (it wouldn't be too much for her) and I can deliver the truck anywhere on the east coast or close by more or less FREE.

Just an option. Personal delivery of a really nice truck.
Old September 26th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Truck is being restored and all the little details fixed starting in 2 weeks or so. It is going into the shop this week to be pulled apart. So for now it is no longer available.

Thanks for all the interest - she deserves a full freshening and will be getting it slowly over the next few weeks/months.

Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 26th, 2010, 03:26 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Who's pulling it apart for restore? What's the list? I don't really follow RRCs, so I'm intrigued.
Old September 26th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug

I am.

Repair or replace brackets that hold the TWR package on as they are a little crusty. Check over the rockers/inner fenders/firewall and floors for *any* small issues and repair. Reseal any cracks in the seam sealers and be sure everything underneath is good. Remove motor/trans and reseal anything needed. New hoses, seals, gaskets, bushings, mounts (motor and body etc).

Any mechanical stuff that shows up will be addressed. Like the slight bearing noise/vibration in the transfer case front output. Either a new bearing or maybe just an LT230 swap?

Paint will be gone over and most likely resprayed with the panel off the way it should be done.

Door inner panels redone with new clips that hold them in as a few are broken.

Carpets removed completely and cleaned properly.

Seats removed and either replaced or restored. I have the new ones but the leather is "so-so" in fit so we will see how that goes.

It will most likely take me several months of "spare" time to do it. ----- Who knows a TDi swap may happen to her if i get inspired. LOL!
Old October 9th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug

I keep getting PM's on this sexy truck... it is still for sale in reality but I am also pretty happy to keep it and play with it over the winter. I have been slammed with work and had ZERO time to mess with her. I drive it every couple days when the wifey and I go out or something but otherwise it's sitting getting ready for her makeover.

A perfect tailgate is on its way to me via UPS from California right now as well as some other smaller parts.

I had planned to get it apart and get some parts resprayed with fresh black paint but alas I have been too busy. So she is still "as-is" if anyone has interest that way at a better price?

I also had one offer to sell just the bumpers/skirts..... not sure how i feel about that!

Thanks all,
Doug
Old October 10th, 2010, 01:07 AM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

Don't part it restore it and keep it or sell it whole Doug. It would be a criminal act to part out such a nice truck.

Unknown Author

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
716-898-8153
Old October 10th, 2010, 09:18 AM
EWR
Carey
1954 CJ-3B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyRover View Post
Don't part it restore it and keep it or sell it whole Doug. It would be a criminal act to part out such a nice truck.
Meh,... it's only a RRC, Doug, I say cut the bitch and run 38's
Old October 10th, 2010, 09:38 AM
MudD1
Jeff
Hippert's 1994 D90

I'm with Carey,cut it on 38.5 boggers.Something like this!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3472.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	32033  
Old October 10th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Ha! I seem to recall that white RRC being used, ahhh, ummmm.... Kinda hard in Benton Maine a while back.

Not sure I want to cut it that much. But a black interior swap and maybe paint the outside Kent Green. Build some bumpers like I made for the D2 and run it.

She randomly stalled on me last night while sitting in gear waiting for a parking spot. Wifey and I were going to dinner and it just bogged a bit and stalled. Started right back up though. She looked at me and said " uh-oh I sense a diesel swap" LOL she knows me well!!!
Old October 10th, 2010, 01:23 PM
EWR
Carey
1954 CJ-3B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roving Beetle View Post
Ha! I seem to recall that white RRC being used, ahhh, ummmm.... Kinda hard in Benton Maine a while back.

Not sure I want to cut it that much. But a black interior swap and maybe paint the outside Kent Green. Build some bumpers like I made for the D2 and run it.

She randomly stalled on me last night while sitting in gear waiting for a parking spot. Wifey and I were going to dinner and it just bogged a bit and stalled. Started right back up though. She looked at me and said " uh-oh I sense a diesel swap" LOL she knows me well!!!
She "stalled" because you're driving it all wrong, take the skirt off Sally boy, and DRIVE it. She'll thank you later.

However, VDub diesel would be coooool
Old October 10th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug

I have a V-Dub 210 HP 325 TQ motor sitting in an Audi engine bay as I type this. Just needs some wires hooked up and a few little parts like the intercooler hooked up.

That would be a nice powerplant in a RRC if the Audi doesn't prove fun enough!

I think the RRC needs a coolant sensor as the exhaust smells a little rich. No biggie. The diesel swap will take care of that.
Old October 15th, 2010, 10:03 AM
grnthng
Luis A. Costa
'93 Range Rover County LWB

So, are you going to redo it or not! What Volks diesel motor are you refering too... I'm curious? What do you guys think about the 4bt 3.9 cummins motor... sounds like a nice motor for a RR.
I'm also thinking about the turbo diesel in those Mercedes built Sprinter vans, those motors should be becoming available.
Old October 15th, 2010, 10:26 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Find out if this one is legit. Likely not, but hey...Charles got one like this just for giving it a shot. It's been up for a few days at this point.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/2004641551.html

VIN#SALDV228XRA940615 Truck is complete and never modified but has been sitting for 5 years.the body is still in great condition.so this rover is a great project car . 8500 FIRM

THE TRUCK IS SOLD BUT IM KEEPING THE POST UP IN CASE THE DEAL FALLS THROUGH.IM SORRY I CANT ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS BECAUSE THE RESPONSE HAS BEEN
OVERWHELMING!!!IT WAS RUNNING WHEN I PARKED IT BUT THE TRUCK IS NOT IN RUNNING CONDITION AFTER SITTING FOR 5 YRS THE GAS TANK HAS TO BE DRAINED ,THE BREAKS HAVE TO BE REDONE AND SO ON
THAT IS WHY ITS 8500 IF YOU HAVE TO ASK IF THE TRUCK IS IN RUNNING CONDITION YOU ARE OVER YOUR HEAD!!!!!!THE ONE WHO BUYS THIS MUST BE READY TO SPEND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO PUT IT BACK IN SHAPE.THE PRICE RANGE ON THESE GO FROM 25 TO 50 THOUSAND SO PLEASE USE YOUR COMMON SENSE WHEN ASKING WHAT YOU GET FOR 8500
Attached Images

Old October 15th, 2010, 10:27 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Woops, just saw it says sold now...I guess it sold that first day I saw it.
Old October 15th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Roving Beetle
Doug

The one I was talking about is an "ALH" from a 2002 Jetta. 1.9L of furry. Bigger injectors, custom welded intake manifold, Garrett 17/22 hybrid VNT turbo, retaining full 2002 electronic controls and equipment..... the list goes on. Being swapped into a 1995 Audi 90 CS Quattro 5 speed.

The one I have thoughts of for the RRC is a 5cyl VW Marine TDI with self contained electronics etc. Nice little smooooooooth power plant. I have one sitting here in my boat shop - but actually have someone interested in it for their boat so I may have to take the $8K it's worth. There are worse problems to have - LOL.

Oh - the 3.9 cummins is a great motor, lots of power potential, "cheap" upgrades etc - but it's LOUD, rattles like a sum-bitch and is BIG! Mostly tall - it will be tough to fit in an RRC and look OEM.
Old October 15th, 2010, 11:17 AM
EWR
Carey
1954 CJ-3B

Doug, someone needs to step forward here. I'll be "that" friend. Crack kills man, you need to lay off the rock and get help. I'll even volunteer to be your sponsor. It's time.

Old October 15th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Thanks Carey - I just LOVE the smell of diesel. Can't help it.

Worked a customers '98 TDI Jetta yesterday - MMmmMMmmm smells so good!

*needs more projects* When do you need me to come do the swap for you?
Old October 16th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Art Vigil
Arthur Vigil
None

God I miss this vehicle <sigh>
I suppose it doesn't help that my 'new' one is being such a pain in the ass.

For anyone interested, I can honestly say I've spent thousands making sure this RRC is the best running Rover possible.

Best of luck Doug.

~Art Vigil
'95 RRC - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'72 Series III 88" NADA Turner 2.25 petrol (Lovely Rita)
'95 RRC Brooklands/TWR Edition 3.9V8
'97 D90SW NAS #2426 - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'95 D90ST NAS#2620 - Original owner
Old October 16th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Art - what's going on with the "new" one?

Just to rub salt in a wound the TWR is a GREAT truck. Turns out the stall did seem to be the coolant sensor, it tested out of range so I have to assume that was the issue. Replaced. It also starts a lot quicker when stone cold now.

"Maya" has been a good truck for me and I know she will be missed if I part with it. I am off right now to drive her 2.5 hours each way in a nasty rain storm to pick up an antique sink for some friends.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
95, ac