95 D90 NAS with GALVANIZED chassis (Feeler in Seattle) - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old August 5th, 2013, 11:19 AM
SomeRandomDude
DJ
None

Question 95 D90 NAS with GALVANIZED chassis (Feeler in Seattle)

Hello! I purchased a beautiful and stunning D90 about 9 or 10 months ago and have loved every minute of it. However, it's looking like I'm leaving the country in a few months and it would be tough to bring with me. I picked it up here and wanted to throw the question back out, here.

Should I just stash it for a year or two? I like knowing that it's still in my world. Or, should I sell it, not knowing the future, and pick up another one, should I move back to the States? Put another way ... with the older imports increasing in numbers, are the NAS dropping in value? I would think not, but ... y'all are far more knowledgable.

In any event, if I can relatively easily get back what I paid for it ... I'd say SOLD to the lucky winner! $27,000.00 USD. It's currently got about 113,000 miles on it, has been babied, stored in a garage, driven light, etc. It's essentially exactly as you see it in the original thread.

Pics and details in the original thread, here.

Located in Seattle, WA.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 5th, 2013, 12:32 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
stash it ... you got a great deal!
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old August 5th, 2013, 12:58 PM
SomeRandomDude
DJ
None

2 for stashing it! I might just do that!

In other news ... I just realized I paid $26, not $27, but I've easily put another $1k into it, plus taxes and whatever else.

I do agree I got it for a steal ... if someone near Seattle wants to pick it up for the same price ... come n' get it! If you don't, in a few months it'll be cleaned, drained and stashed in a nice garage ...

... I guess ... this is the issue ... in all likelihood, in a year, this is going to move down to Mexico. I'd hate to take such a nice Rover down there. This is why I'm hesitating. I'd rather get an older, beat up and "seasoned" Defender for Mexico, but ... we'll see where this story takes us. Thanks for the comments! Keep 'em coming!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 5th, 2013, 01:07 PM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
I'm seeing the average price on NAS 90s increasing.
Old August 5th, 2013, 01:09 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd10014 View Post
I'm seeing the average price on NAS trucks increasing.
LOL you're in real estate .... you only see prices increasing ...
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old August 5th, 2013, 01:12 PM
SomeRandomDude
DJ
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
lol you're in real estate .... You only see prices increasing ...
lol!
Old August 5th, 2013, 01:13 PM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post

LOL you're in real estate .... you only see prices increasing ...
True, true. It's the little positive bubble I reside in on a daily basis.
Old August 5th, 2013, 01:27 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

You couldn't bring it into Mexico?

Old August 5th, 2013, 01:37 PM
ontheway
Dave
1986 RHD 110 SW OM617

Registry
+1 on stashing it or taking it to mexico. That truck is built to use -- Mexico seems like a great place for a 'nice' Defender.

Old August 5th, 2013, 04:29 PM
SomeRandomDude
DJ
None

There is a good chance it'll go to Mexico in a year. It can be complicated and expensive importing vehicles into Mexico. It's a long story (they usually are!). In some respects, if I take it over the border into Mexico ... it will live out the rest of its live as a truly free and unhinged Mexican truck, which ... would be fantastic, actually. If I make that choice ... it'll get used like it was intended to. There's no bad news here ... just feelers and discussion. It's definitely not going to Mexico this year, though ...
Old August 13th, 2013, 12:02 PM
bannana_thrower
Drake Beaudry
in Process

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomDude View Post
2 for stashing it! I might just do that!

In other news ... I just realized I paid $26, not $27, but I've easily put another $1k into it, plus taxes and whatever else.

I do agree I got it for a steal ... if someone near Seattle wants to pick it up for the same price ... come n' get it! If you don't, in a few months it'll be cleaned, drained and stashed in a nice garage ...

... I guess ... this is the issue ... in all likelihood, in a year, this is going to move down to Mexico. I'd hate to take such a nice Rover down there. This is why I'm hesitating. I'd rather get an older, beat up and "seasoned" Defender for Mexico, but ... we'll see where this story takes us. Thanks for the comments! Keep 'em coming!
I would be interested in the truck, could you give me a call (208) 691-4278?
Old August 13th, 2013, 12:25 PM
SomeRandomDude
DJ
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannana_thrower View Post
I would be interested in the truck, could you give me a call (208) 691-4278?
PM me your email address and I'll send you a big emailed filled with facts and photos. A busy week for me, but it would only take me a few seconds to fire off 95% of the info you'd need to make an informed decision.

Thanks!
Old January 1st, 2014, 08:55 PM
D90_982
Chad
1994 ST #982 (SOLD)

Is this sold? Pls PM if not. I'm in the market for D90 NAS. Thanks
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:06 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by D90_982 View Post
Is this sold? Pls PM if not. I'm in the market for D90 NAS. Thanks
This is the one I was talking about Chad.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 06:28 PM
SomeRandomDude
DJ
None

Hello, everyone!

Yep, this is still available, in so much as this thread is still here kicking around and Iíve done nothing else to try and sell it. Iíve had loads of interest and PMís, but a perfect match has yet to materialize.

In any event, hereís some more info:

Lots of mediocre iPhone Pics: http://www.BajaFire.com/Uploads/90202/Defender.zip
Original For Sale Thread: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=35731
Current Price: $27,000
Mileage: Around 116,XXX

It's a very unmolested looking truck. It looks as it would new, but it's got a galvanized chassis and bulkhead. It was converted to automatic and has several upgrades done within the engine (I'm not a car guy or mechanic ... the words I'll use to describe elements of the car will sound very pedestrian ... I had just wanted one since I was a kid, sold a house, was feeling good and sprung for it. I love it, but definitely am not the "tinkering" type, although ... I am hoping to learn). In any event, if you haven't read the original thread, I encourage you to. While a beautiful and reliable (seriously!) Rover, it's not without its issues. It IS near 20 years old and has been tampered with, even though, I feel the upgrades and care that has been put into it, outweigh the current issues.

The issues (in no particular order):

Air conditioning does not work. AC compressor needs to be rebuilt and will also need a new condenser. There is a leak in one of the aluminum lines.

The interior has a faded look to it. It's not shiny and new, but it's also FAR from horrible. No cracks or rips in leather ... it's just ... aged.

The roof upholstery is not very well attached. Maybe just need tightening Ö itís not torn and nothing appears wrong with it. Itís just not firmly in place.

There are a few cracks in the dashboard. Not on the top, but near the handles and around the vents. Minor, but they are there.

As mentioned, the chassis and bulkhead have been galvanized. Rust is not an issue ... HOWEVER, there is very minor rust around the door hinges, as well as a bit under the hood. Other than that, I've never noticed anything. Clean under the floor mats. My mechanic also says it's quite clean, but there is also some very minor rust near the base of the doors. He said the doors will need replaced. When asked he shrugged and said, "Well, you can't really see it. Could be 6 months ... could be 10 years.". That didn't help me, but ... I can say there is no visible rust.

For some reason the spare has been installed backwards and cannot be rotated. My mechanic believes this is the second rear door and that it came from a UK Defender. The bolts holding it on are just a little too short to have the spare facing the correct direction. It doesn't bother me, but apparently the extra weight sticking out may cause issues with the rear door, in the future ... knocking it out of balance, stretching the hinges, etc.

There are very minor paint chips near the base of the driver-side door. (see pics)

That's really about it. I can't think of anything else.

Modifications:

I added a nice radio and stereo to it. It had no radio when I took possession.

I added shackles for tow cables.

I added seatbelts in the rear.

The side mirrors would collapse if I would drive over about 25 MPH. I had both replaced.

That's all I've done to improve it.

While it's not a perfect, it's mechanically sound, reliable, straight and very attractive.

If anyone is still interested Ö PM me! I do have one guy who offered to put down a deposit, while he works to sell his current Defender. This was about a week ago. He had no competition at the time, so I just told him not to worry. Now that this thread has been bumped, it might stir new leads. There is another guy in line and I know his other Defender is in the middle of being sold. So Ö weíll see how it plays out.

Everything here is as honest and straightforward as I know how to put it!

Let me know if you have any more questions!
Old January 2nd, 2014, 06:47 PM
SomeRandomDude
DJ
None

Image Alternatives ... (no idea if this will work ... ):

------ Follow up post added January 2nd, 2014 06:53 PM ------

Ok ... that seems to have kind of worked ... not the greatest photos, but I can always take more. Let me know! - DJ
Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:39 AM
SomeRandomDude
DJ
None

The guy I was originally working with just paid a deposit ... Sale Pending ...
Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:52 AM
D90_982
Chad
1994 ST #982 (SOLD)

Too bad let me know if it falls thru. Glad my bump lit a fire...

I don't need to sell anything to buy. Just need local to inspect and make sure not it's not salvage title, etc.

If anyone else has something similar for sale please PM me. Located in Philly.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:57 AM
SomeRandomDude
DJ
None

I'll keep the post updated. Yes, the bump actually stirred quite a few new PM's. Thanks for that!

Ah ... the title is clean and a local inspection would not be a problem.

I'll keep you posted.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 12:27 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by D90_982 View Post
Too bad let me know if it falls thru. Glad my bump lit a fire... I don't need to sell anything to buy. Just need local to inspect and make sure not it's not salvage title, etc. If anyone else has something similar for sale please PM me. Located in Philly.
Told you to call last night. ;-)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
90, 95, d90, nas