Advertisement

Old December 14th, 2010, 10:06 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty james View Post
The rover is going to a great guy in San Diego.
The Motorcycle Boy?
Old December 15th, 2010, 11:46 AM
rusty james
Rob
95 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOB View Post
The Motorcycle Boy?
LOL! You got it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2011, 08:43 PM
jbarks1
John B
1995 Defender 90

Thanks Charles! I have been lurking here the last month or two and this is an outstanding community. I have learned a ton in a short amount of time and I look forward to learning even more. I have wanted a Defender 90 SOOOO bad since my college days when one of my buddy's dad's had a posh '97 Yellow D 90. Finally, I can afford one.

The truck I just purchased is solid to say the least, but it will be immaculate a year from now. I had a Magna Flow exhaust thrown on today (awesome), some new ECB greenstuff brakes going on next week, and lots more goodies planned throughout the year. I hope to keep the Defender in the family and give it to my first born one day! I also can't say better things about Rusty who sold it to me, super stand up guy.

Warmest regards and thanks for the hospitality here,
Johnny B
Old January 6th, 2011, 08:55 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

John, the addiction is setting in... Congrats and welcome.

Old January 6th, 2011, 09:30 PM
jbarks1
John B
1995 Defender 90

Thank you for the kind welcoming words Scott! I've had an addiction to wrist-worn timepieces the past couple of years, which I quit cold turkey after the D 90 purchase, and I haven't looked back! I have only had the time to drive the D 90 for a week due to the holidays and it is far more exhilarating. As they say, one bad habit onto another... The wife isn't happy about the countless hours I spend lurking on here, but at least she works late a couple of days a week! See you around the club!

Best regards,
Johnny
Old January 6th, 2011, 11:09 PM
blenkush
Severin Blenkush
97 D90 LE, 10 Lotus Exige S, 05 LR3

EBC Greenstuff brakes

Sweet ride and congrats. As a data point, I installed EBC Greenstuff pads along with the grooved discs and found them borderline dangerous (as far as stopping distance is concerned) when cold and even luke warm. Had them on for about 1000 miles and replaced them with a lesser cost Mintex brand and am now stopping much quicker - I'll deal with the brake dust. Unless you're driving down steep mountains or autocrossing your D-90 I'd think twice about using the Greenstuff pads. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Severin
Old January 7th, 2011, 01:56 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I'm still in shock of the deal you got on that clean truck, congrats. You're only problem will be when you have 2 kids and realize you also need a 110...but of course you still won't/can't part with the 90 (or in my case, the 88).
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old January 7th, 2011, 12:31 PM
jbarks1
John B
1995 Defender 90

@Severin, Thanks! Hopefully the brakes will turn out o.k. Like you, I also purchased the pads and rotors. I'm an urban cowboy so these brakes won't get worked much, heat up, and are probably a little overkill for me. However, I hunted around the forums regarding EBC and people generally seemed content with them. I'll post a follow up in a few weeks to let you know how it goes.

@Jason, Thank you! LOL, the wife and (future) children will have to pry the D 90 out of my cold dead hands. They can hitch-hike and ride their bikes for all I care. At least the wife and I agreed (before we were married) on no future mini-vans or station wagons in the stable.
Old January 7th, 2011, 12:38 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Ha that's funny, the 110 was my answer to the minivan...but realistically probably more for 2 big German Shepherds than kids. But it did the trick. Although the wife does drive an Audi allroad, technically a wagon but it hauls @ss and is actually fun to drive (and that was more for a ski-mobile than for kids, so I think I get a free pass on the wagon exemption).
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
95, ac