94' Defender 90 for sale $25,900 obo - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 29th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Norman Wagner
1994 Defender 90
Smile 94' Defender 90 for sale $25,900 obo

Thank you for your interest. The mileage is approximately 73895(original)miles,I am the second owner. I purchased it approximately 1 1/2 yrs ago in Georgia. I bought it from Bear Valley Auto sales(Georgia) and they had purchased it from the original owner(also from Georgia) at that time. I am sorry but I was unable to obtain history records from the dealer.

There are two minor oil leaks, one from the rear main and the other is in front of it. If you know Landy's you know they tend to be leaky. I owned a Disco before this and it leaked a lot more. As far as Landy's go this D90 leaks minimaly. I have not had to add oil between changes(every 3000 miles). No coolant leaking. I have a mechanic in my area that is a 4x4 enthusiast and he gave it a thorough once over to let me know what needed fixing on it. As far as mechanical, he(my mechanic) found that it will need a new clutch($1500), however the clutch is still in working order, the clutch pedal does have a bit more play than is desired. The transmission is the LT77(Military version), it shifts well but the reverse gear is up and to the left. Different from the later 94' models which were the civilian model(R380). I replaced the rear shocks with Rancho 9000 adjustable, however the front shocks($500-Bilstein shocks were recommended) do need to be replaced. The two minor oil leaks($100). My mechanic said he could repair/replace these items for the prices listed with each. I was intending on replacing the clutch w/ a friend to save some $$, but my priorities have changed. The only other item that needs replaced is the rear wishbone link, which I have a xerox copy of the item and number from Landy(they are a bit reserved at giving the information out and will not sell copies of the mechanics book). I was told it was approximately a $200-300 replacement and a bit cheaper if you did it yourself.

As far as the soft tops go. The full one is a Badger-w/ rain gutter/metal fasteners(the rear window panel has a small separation in the zipper and window-$50 repair). The bimini($300 value) and Bikini($150 value) are in great shape. The AC works great and so does the heater. I have pics to send and will post them soon. It is a great 4x4 as you know and would make a wonderful edition to any off-road enthusiast's quiver. I am asking $25,900 obo. Let me know if interested. I am located in southern Colorado.

Old November 29th, 2009, 09:43 AM
disco dog
Tracy Dwyer
2002 D110 TD5
Sounds like a nice truck, good luck with the sale, but you will need to take pictures of rust prone areas as well as all 4 sides of truck. You may also consider fixing the little things that you have listed. Check out some other listings.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

90, defender 90