94 D90 -- reasonably priced - Page 9 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:27 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

No way that crossmember was replaced in 08.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:41 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Why do you say that? It seems typical based on UK experience for them to be POS within about 5 years.
Old January 11th, 2013, 02:50 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
You haven't been near the shore in New England.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:54 PM
evilfij
evilfij

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
It could it if had 5 years of use, but at 45k total miles, its been sitting quite a bit of its life.

-Jeff
Based on the rest of it, it was a winter truck or a beach truck for a rich person. Seems completely consistent with rusting in five years. I cannot over-emphasize exactly how crappy the replacement crossmembers are.
Old January 11th, 2013, 02:57 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij

Why do you say that? It seems typical based on UK experience for them to be POS within about 5 years.
Well I am basing it partially on the pics from the outside. The bolts being painted just look really old.. Also with the mileage being so low, if it was replaced in 08, why would it look like that sitting so much. These things rot but come on.
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:05 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Also being so much of the truck is shit why would he have bothered? I want to see the fuel cradle.
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:26 PM
evilfij
evilfij

Quote:
Also being so much of the truck is shit why would he have bothered? I want to see the fuel cradle.
Because with it rusted out it would not pass NY state safety inspection.
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:53 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I'm sure you're right but I still think it would be indicative of someone who cares about their truck. Obviously no one cared about this one.
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Happycamper
Dustin
None

Hello everyone, my name is D-train I just joined the forum today in fact, because I am interested in a d-90 after I had traveled through central and South America and fell in love with them, this was my first blog I checked out because of the title and I have to say that this is better than soap operas in Venezuela. So felt before I can chime in I should gather all the facts so I looked up the link for the posting and looked at the pics...here's my unsolicited 2 cents, (but considering its a public forum I guess options are solicited). Every defender I've ever seen in Central America has rust even the new ones, I might not be a dealer for these things, but I do know that a 20 year old car from ny or jersey or wherever this guy was from probably seen some weather, so logically before I would purchase a item for 20 something grand I would probably ask for some detailed pics or buy a $200 dollar plane ticket to check it out. Seems like cheap insurance to me? Further if a dude was going to scam someone I probably wouldn't defend my self on a forum ( plus look at ollieskins photo, I wouldn't mess with him lol) now I'm not a law student , actually I am, but sounds to me like you made a purchase off of one picture based on emotion, and now that the high has worn off you are having buyers remorse and trying to get some free therapy from a forum???? I'm just saying
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:03 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
I don't think you read the thread - this wasn't purchased based on emotion... haha
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:06 PM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

maybe the emotion of "hell ya!! im gonna make ten grand in a minutes worth of work"?
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:10 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Attached Images

'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old January 11th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Reese_D90
Reese
97 D90 ST and 93 D110

Registry
No, this is an experiment to see what someone would sell their soul for. In this case, it looks like its about $10 to 15k.
NAS 1993 D110 CDN #11/25
1997 D90 ST #1953
2006 Range Rover
1997 D90 SW #701 (sold)
1995 D90 ST (sold)
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:12 PM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

any b-dag(the seller) cant have soul with this bad of a rip of job he pulled
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:22 PM
bossman429
Adrian
1988 90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollieskins View Post
I'm sorry if you are dissatisfied with the truck- I am not in the business of scamming people. You really seem like a nice guy and I truly am sorry that this deal did not go as smoothly as had I hoped. I don't think you got a bad deal. I think you can sell this thing for more than what you paid.- I did not want to chime in to this conversation because everyone throws in their 2 cents, that's why I didn't list it on this forum. Again- if I have upset you, please accept my apology & I hope you make out well with your new aquisition.

-Mike

Mike - Being a local to Mahopac, I almost went to check this truck out for myself over holiday when i was back in town. I'm sad I didn't as I could have saved someone from being dicked over. Lets face it, the truck looks like a total piece of shit. Its a rust bucket. If he asked you those specific questions, and you told him the answers he claims you did, then you're a liar... plain and simple.

The LR community is filled with great honest people who I have found to be a huge asset in learning about these vehicles. Shit like this really puts a black mark on things.

From someone who bought a truck sight-unseen, i understand the difficulties with doing it. I had some issues with my truck when i bought it, but nothing like this though.... this truck is a scrap heap

The BS that you thought by spray painting it with some rustoleum you were doing hima favor is ridiculous.

Your short and non sincere responses are further evident that you know you pulled a fast one here.

I'm not sure if your the same Mike D'Angelo that I went to HS with (you might have graduated in 2001 if you are) but i thought most people our age grew up by now and weren't dicks.... but then again... our town was full of them so maybe I'm not that surprised

Luckily it wasn't me that bought the truck.. cause if it was I would have driven across the country to get it sorted out. He's offering the truck back to you at a $3500 concession, and a $5000 loss to him. Why not be a stand up guy and take him up on that?
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Stormer
JP
2008 RRSC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
X2.....
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:25 AM
MattGuyver_007
Matt VA
1995 D90 SW

Quote:
Not sure about duct tap, but there were some issues from the previous owner that I touched up with paint- I honestly thought I was helping you out- sorry if it wasn't what you expected.
Mike,

I suggest you consider giving some of the proceeds as penance. Oh, and please don't ever help me out.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 04:06 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
What ever happened to this truck?
Old March 22nd, 2013, 06:34 PM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by founD90 View Post
Josh, who cares if it gets sold to an 'enthusiast' or not? By enthusiast, do you mean someone on this message board? Why should that matter? I've met quite a few Defender owners who have never heard of D-90.com who were certainly enthusiasts. I've also met Defender owners who love their trucks but are not enthusiasts, just people with trucks.

I don't understand the line of questioning here...
x2 met many people over the years who have 90 but never post here.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 06:56 PM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Quote:
I'm sorry if you are dissatisfied with the truck- I am not in the business of scamming people. You really seem like a nice guy and I truly am sorry that this deal did not go as smoothly as had I hoped. I don't think you got a bad deal. I think you can sell this thing for more than what you paid.- I did not want to chime in to this conversation because everyone throws in their 2 cents, that's why I didn't list it on this forum. Again- if I have upset you, please accept my apology & I hope you make out well with your new aquisition.

-Mike
You are lucky you sold this POS to a "nice" guy. I know a number of people here that if had bought it your situation would have a completely different outcome.
Douche bag.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
90, d90