94 D-90 (21,000 firm) or trade toward 110 - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 12th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665
Jim, I will have to say Shane is more right than wrong on this one. I told Holtwebb he could have first crack at the truck. I did not stay true to my word. I just could not pass up the sale at hand because I have been trying to sell for so long. My honest impression of Mr. Webb was that he was looking at multiple trucks and had not fully made up his mind. I should not have told him he could have first crack but I did and did not follow through with that. Again I hope board member will understand my situation and not hold too much of a negative impression of me for future dealings. Thanks, Mike

Old April 12th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team
Thats big of you to say, but I'll counter and declare that its unreasonable to request that someone hold something for you without a monetary gesture of intent.

I told Ron a couple months back that I was going to buy his truck, we didnt complete the transaction until last week. I'm sure he took me at my word that I would show up the the cash and I expected him to not sell the truck to someone in the interim.

Unless there is an existing relationship, then you're taking advantage of someone to request they not sell it to someone while you organize yourlself. Business needs to be kept professional - I always offer a deposit and when its not accepted, its usually appreciated.

If there is any criticism here, I would say that you shouldnt accept unreasonable requests so that you can get caught out by a disgruntled guy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

110, 90, d-90