Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old January 4th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Vader
Ryan
98 D1, 90RRC, 88RRC

91 Great Divide for trade 0r?

Heres the info,

Its #372 has some rust but not to bad. Speedo does not work, heads were done about 10k ago, Its been driven 1 oil change since speedo stoped, it has 121k on speedo. I've been using my gps to track milage. has RTE 2" lift with 10" fox shocks with RTE towers in the front, has RTE 2" springs and OME shocks in the rear. Seats look good and they are the origainal vented seats, all glass is in good shape, rear window frame is in good shape with no rust. OME steering dampner. Brand new 255/85/16 km2s all 5.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	102_0434.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	63809   Click image for larger version

Name:	102_0435.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	63810  

Name:	102_0436.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	63811   Click image for larger version

Name:	102_0437.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	63812  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2013, 02:41 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
I was going to tell you over on NJLR, but just buy this...

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=42274
Old January 4th, 2013, 02:44 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Free??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2013, 02:45 PM
rover26c
Lee
1994 D90 ST

how much?
Old January 4th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Vader
Ryan
98 D1, 90RRC, 88RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover26c View Post
how much?
I'm not sure on a price, I'm really looking for a trade. Series II or Series III, or a RRC of equal value or even a project that needs to be finished. I'd say its worth and least $3500 with out the tires and wheels, But I have alot of extras that can go with it to sweeten the deal, But it all depends on what a person wants.
Old January 4th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Vader
Ryan
98 D1, 90RRC, 88RRC

Learning a lot about this rare RRC today. Very cool history!
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Vader
Ryan
98 D1, 90RRC, 88RRC

Some more Pics!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	102_0438.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	67567   Click image for larger version

Name:	102_0440.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	67568  

Name:	102_0436.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	67569   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1182.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	67570  

Name:	102_0434.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	67571  
Old March 7th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
This pic, will reduce your price and potential customers ( specially if on ebay, CL, and the likes )

Just my opinion
Attached Images

Old March 7th, 2013, 09:53 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
That rust is no bueno. It looks like there is rust damage inside the box rail on each side under the door sills. It can be remedied, but requires removing the doors, the sills, the carpeting and the rubber mats so that you can open it up. It is almost less trouble to cut it all away in one piece, dip it, galvanize it and reinstall it. I would also check under the rear carpet, the front of the footwells and the door corners on the rear doors. All RRCs leak into the footwells. Rob and I have been trying to figure out the origin of this leaking and we have ruled out the windscreen rubber, the cowl panel tray and are still at a loss, but leak they do.
Unfortunately there are no repair panels available for the footwells or the rear deck. Ditto stuff like windshield rubber, door seals and a host of other stuff body-related.
1991 was a great year for the RRC. They were still more or less all mechanical and un fooled with. They make fabulous DDs and trail rigs. They will do anything a d90 can do while caressing you in leather wood and mohair.
It would be nice to see this one restored with all the rust taken care of, an LT230 conversion and kitted out for Rausch Creek.

PS Speedo repair is an easy fix. It is probably the thingy the cable goes into that sends signal to the binnacle. There is a three wire connector on it that may be loose, or the unit is dead. Replacement with good used pretty easy.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old March 7th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Vader
Ryan
98 D1, 90RRC, 88RRC

If someone is worried about a pic showing the capabilities of this great RRC that they don't have to buy it. I'm very honest about my Rovers and hold no information back about what its been through. I drive this GDE every day. It's very reliable and has no major issues. This is a picture of an outing that some LR3s were going through the same terrain with no problems, the point is I use my Rovers and know what their capabilities are! I ford water with this RRC! NO WATER HAS ENTERD THE INSIDE. I did spill my coffee on the center counsel on monday.

------ Follow up post added March 7th, 2013 10:02 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
That rust is no bueno. It looks like there is rust damage inside the box rail on each side under the door sills. It can be remedied, but requires removing the doors, the sills, the carpeting and the rubber mats so that you can open it up. It is almost less trouble to cut it all away in one piece, dip it, galvanize it and reinstall it. I would also check under the rear carpet, the front of the footwells and the door corners on the rear doors. All RRCs leak into the footwells. Rob and I have been trying to figure out the origin of this leaking and we have ruled out the windscreen rubber, the cowl panel tray and are still at a loss, but leak they do.
Unfortunately there are no repair panels available for the footwells or the rear deck. Ditto stuff like windshield rubber, door seals and a host of other stuff body-related.
1991 was a great year for the RRC. They were still more or less all mechanical and un fooled with. They make fabulous DDs and trail rigs. They will do anything a d90 can do while caressing you in leather wood and mohair.
It would be nice to see this one restored with all the rust taken care of, an LT230 conversion and kitted out for Rausch Creek.

PS Speedo repair is an easy fix. It is probably the thingy the cable goes into that sends signal to the binnacle. There is a three wire connector on it that may be loose, or the unit is dead. Replacement with good used pretty easy.
Yep you hit it on the head, some rust but fixable, the rust is mostly on the bottom portion of the sills, the sides are in good shape and so is the rear cross member. I did check the floors, They are in good shape, some repairs have been made to the floor near the foot well area, Its looks as though the last owner had cought it at a good time. Like I said its not perfect, If this GDE was perfect I'd be asking much more! There are only a few left on the road and very few that are in good condition. Those GDEs are in states that dont see much snow or rain. This is a perfect GDE to restore, it has some rust but not to the point that someone can fix as they go, It runs and drives great, The engine has had the head gaskets done at one time, It stays cool and starts every time. I have replaced the fuel sending unit, fuel filter, I have changed the oil twice, replaced with rotela 15/40. The seats are in good condition, Even the heated windshield works! All the seat controls work along with the windows and the seat controls. The only thing I have not done is the speedo, I have the parts. Sun roof works. Cruise does not work, Its the coil in the steering. All the lights work.
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Vader
Ryan
98 D1, 90RRC, 88RRC

Price change!!!

Ok, so I've made some changes to the GDE in the last week, It now has RTE 3" springs, I willing to sell it for $4200 with all 5 Brand New KM2s and wheels for that price. Like I said before I drive this RRC every day. It is a solid truck. It has a brand new rear window and window frame, the aluminum one, new heater core and blower. It has the plate in the door and the original GDE bumper.
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:32 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Interior pics?
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Vader
Ryan
98 D1, 90RRC, 88RRC

Pics of the interior, and one with the 3" RTE lift.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	102_0445.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	68444   Click image for larger version

Name:	102_0446.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	68445  

Name:	102_0447.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	68446   Click image for larger version

Name:	102_0448.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	68447  

Name:	102_0449.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	68448  
Old April 7th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Vader
Ryan
98 D1, 90RRC, 88RRC

Bump!!!!
Old April 7th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
$4200 for a RRC that has already had to have the floors repaired?
If the tires really are BRAND new I'll give those $1000.

And like o2batsea pointed out those sills are probably much worse than they look.

If I were buying this truck I would want to see some pictures of the front floor boards at the seam; driver and pass side.
Also the bottom of the A-pillar where it meets the floor.
I'd want pictures of the rear seatbelt anchor plate; top and from inside the wheelwell.
I'd want pics of the entire rear cargo floor area.
I'd want closeup pics of the upper tailgate.
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Vader
Ryan
98 D1, 90RRC, 88RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
$4200 for a RRC that has already had to have the floors repaired?
If the tires really are BRAND new I'll give those $1000.

And like o2batsea pointed out those sills are probably much worse than they look.

If I were buying this truck I would want to see some pictures of the front floor boards at the seam; driver and pass side.
Also the bottom of the A-pillar where it meets the floor.
I'd want pictures of the rear seatbelt anchor plate; top and from inside the wheelwell.
I'd want pics of the entire rear cargo floor area.
I'd want closeup pics of the upper tailgate.
Nomar!

If you were interested I would have no problem taking some more pics and taking out the carpet to show the floors are in good shape along with the A-Pillar and the seat belt anchors. The upper tailgate is brand new from Rovers North, If youre not interested why would you bash my post. Is this Disco Web?

Some of my points on why I think the GDE is worth the $4200 price tag.
1. Its a GDE with the seal and the madalion
2. The fox shocks and towers
3. The GDE bumper, Try to find one!
4. The tires
5. Heads have been done.
6. The RTE lift
7. The seats are in great shape
8. Brand new rear window and frame
9. It runs and drives great!
10. I know what its worth.
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Ryan-
I think you be at cross purposes with the truck, and that might be where Jeff was coming from.

What I mean is many RRC enthusiasts would love a clean GDE truck-but would want it with a max of 2" of lift on the standard 235/85's as the largest tire size (obligatory OME lift or perhaps just an HD LR lift).

Many would also like a RRC with the fox setup, 255/85's, etc

When you combine the two you kind of run into trying to get more for something people may honestly be more prone to pay for apart. When I looked at this truck I thought to myself "I'd buy this for $3k, take the swap the lift/tires with my 1.5-2" LR HD/235/85 setup on my Disco and have the best of both worlds...a clean GDE DD and some more refinement to my Disco for offroading.

Given the current market, you'd probably get your asking price on ebay-but you may well get that with a stock lift/stock tires.
r-
Ray
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Vader
Ryan
98 D1, 90RRC, 88RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_G View Post
Ryan-
I think you be at cross purposes with the truck, and that might be where Jeff was coming from.

What I mean is many RRC enthusiasts would love a clean GDE truck-but would want it with a max of 2" of lift on the standard 235/85's as the largest tire size (obligatory OME lift or perhaps just an HD LR lift).

Many would also like a RRC with the fox setup, 255/85's, etc

When you combine the two you kind of run into trying to get more for something people may honestly be more prone to pay for apart. When I looked at this truck I thought to myself "I'd buy this for $3k, take the swap the lift/tires with my 1.5-2" LR HD/235/85 setup on my Disco and have the best of both worlds...a clean GDE DD and some more refinement to my Disco for offroading.

Given the current market, you'd probably get your asking price on ebay-but you may well get that with a stock lift/stock tires.
r-
Ray
Thanks Ray!

I understand the price chop when it comes to the lift and tires. Its the price we all pay. If no one buys it for the price I'm asking I'll just keep it. I do love this RRC and it runs great, I'll fix the the sills this summer and drive it every day the way I have been. I have 6 Rovers and this one by far is my favorite. Some day some one will give me what its worth. If they want it back to stock I have all the stock parts to put back on it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles