90 TDI Discovery - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old July 27th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Shawnb
Shawn
90 TDI Disco

90 TDI Discovery

It pains me to list this for sale. I purchased this a little bit ago, with hopes of fitting it with a roof top tent and traveling around with my girlfriend. Every year, I go through a fair amount of cars and motorcycles, and finally received a dreaded letter I knew would happen one day. I cannot buy and sell and more vehicles. I'm not a dealer, just someone who's main passion is automobiles, and according to the government there is a limit without a dealers license. Pure BS, but I'm not going through the trouble of attempting to have them see past that.

I absolutely love Discos, but have had many terrible experiences in the past with the V8 motors and swore I would never buy one again unless it was a TDI. Patiently waited till they became legal, and searched and searched. The majority are completely rotted, and would cost way too much to make road legal. I found this one, that has very minor bubbling in a few areas. Easily fixable.

The motor has about 60k kilometers on it, while the body has more. It was replaced, and I have paperwork for that. It's still the 200 TDI. This is a completely legal vehicle. No worrying about a swapped Disco each year with inspection, or not having properly functioning items due to a swap.

Because I cannot own anymore vehicles, this is currently sitting in the UK. I can set the buyer up with a shipping and broker, it will cost a tad under $1,600 to get it into Savannah, GA, or Charleston , SC. which you will be responsible for.

The image I've attached is not of the actual vehicle, as that is a like new condition vehicle. It's the same exact paint scheme though. I will upload photos as soon as I can. My cell connection is low at the moment, and sending emails isn't an option.

Asking $5,500.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00808_iScgAZv65kt_600x450.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	154626  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 27th, 2016, 12:19 PM
speedpin
Adam
1985 130 Gen IV

Registry
This sounds very Scammerish, and a first post.
Old July 27th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Shawnb
Shawn
90 TDI Disco

Hmm I didn't even think about that..

If anyone would like any of my personal info, I can share my social media. Also can provide my office number.

Not a scam.

I've lurked this site for years, and used to have an account with a old email account. Cannot remember my login.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 27th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
If it were that clean, I'm sure it'd sell very quickly! Is the one you're selling a 2 door as well?
Old July 27th, 2016, 12:31 PM
speedpin
Adam
1985 130 Gen IV

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnb View Post
Hmm I didn't even think about that..

If anyone would like any of my personal info, I can share my social media. Also can provide my office number.

Not a scam.

I've lurked this site for years, and used to have an account with a old email account. Cannot remember my login.

That sounds better.
Old July 27th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Shawnb
Shawn
90 TDI Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
If it were that clean, I'm sure it'd sell very quickly! Is the one you're selling a 2 door as well?
It's not as clean as the photo, as stated in the ad. It has some minor bubbling spots. Not through the paint. I have a body guy, so it would have costed me next to nothing.

Yes it's a three door. Same exact color scheme. Blue interior. Automatic.

Literally the exact disco I wanted, and took forever to find. Incredibly upset I'm tapped out on vehicles I can own currently. Waiting till the end of the year, and going to sell some stuff off. Just starting focusing on getting my private pilots license, so that will distract me for awhile.
Old July 27th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
So given location its really a $7100 truck...but that said if it is in decent condition a 3 door TDi Disco would be sweet for sure. GLWS and glad to see these starting to pop up.
Old July 27th, 2016, 01:00 PM
Shawnb
Shawn
90 TDI Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_G View Post
So given location its really a $7100 truck...but that said if it is in decent condition a 3 door TDi Disco would be sweet for sure. GLWS and glad to see these starting to pop up.
Give or take, yes. I know some people have really solid connections with shipping. I feel my $1,600 quote is reasonable though.

Some very minor body work, and you would have an extremely solid and fun diesel Disco!
Old July 27th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedpin View Post
This sounds very Scammerish, and a first post.
Lets say its real. Way less hassle to dump it in the UK.
Old July 27th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Shawnb
Shawn
90 TDI Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Lets say its real. Way less hassle to dump it in the UK.
100% real. I'm based in the US, and would like to see it here. Also like the idea of knowing that maybe I could purchase it back at a later date.
Old July 27th, 2016, 02:25 PM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
RHD or LHD? That info will likely help.
Old July 27th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Shawnb
Shawn
90 TDI Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul k View Post
rhd or lhd? That info will likely help.
rhd.
Old July 27th, 2016, 02:41 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Quote:
100% real. I'm based in the US, and would like to see it here. Also like the idea of knowing that maybe I could purchase it back at a later date.
No immediate family members or close friends you could have buy it? this way they can sit on it until you slow down on your vehicle purchases.
Old July 27th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Quote:
rhd.

that might hurt a Disco sale...

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old July 27th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Shawnb
Shawn
90 TDI Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsD90 View Post
No immediate family members or close friends you could have buy it? this way they can sit on it until you slow down on your vehicle purchases.
I've considered that, but don't want to break the law. Plus I have no family that lives anywhere even remotely close to me.

My girlfriend also isn't comfortable with me doing anything like that.
Old July 27th, 2016, 03:48 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Ok a three door 200tdi RHD Discovery with the blue interior. That would be rare. 200 TDI autos weren't produced until 1992. So I'm scratching my head about that detail and of course resulting compliance with US age regulations.....but knowing how crazy dates can be surprises are possible. Come on post some shots of this beastly.
Old July 27th, 2016, 03:51 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
import date is based on build date, though I have heard of first reg being used.
Old July 27th, 2016, 03:55 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

hence the auto could be a flag, but doubtful. Do you feel lucky today?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 27th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Shawnb
Shawn
90 TDI Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Ok a three door 200tdi RHD Discovery with the blue interior. That would be rare. 200 TDI autos weren't produced until 1992. So I'm scratching my head about that detail and of course resulting compliance with US age regulations.....but knowing how crazy dates can be surprises are possible. Come on post some shots of this beastly.

Tdi disco were made from 89-94
Old July 27th, 2016, 04:16 PM
gravitysucks
Andy
94 D90

Registry
Other than no pictures of the actual vehicle, you can't get phone calls or emails, and apparently now it's illegal for you to sell (or own?)...maybe I missed why it would be any more illegal for you to sell it to a family member or any less for you to sell it to someone here? Even if you're just acting to broker the deal, if one of your family members buys it in their name how would that be an illegal purchase for them if you aren't listed on any of the documentation and it is eventually registered in their name?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
90, cover, disco, discovery, tdi