Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old July 10th, 2013, 03:02 AM
pantg
Pantelis Giamarellos
d90 V8, 2 X CamelTrophyDisco 200Tdi

24 AND 25 YEARS OLD GENUINE D90s FOR SALE

People Hi,

I am sure that most of you know that a 25 years old or older Defender 90 or 110, or Series vehicle can be safely and legally imported in the USA, receive number plates and used on the road without any problems from the EPA or any other USA authorities.
AS LONG AS THE VEHICLE is genuine and in genuine condition when imported in the USA.

So I would like to inform you that I have easy access to genuine D90, D110 three doors and a few Series vehicles from here in Greece. The vast majority are good runners, some of them in need of mechanical attention or bodywork is required, some of them are restored and upgraded but always with their genuine engines and genuine or age/type related running gear and some of them are in need of restoration BUT ALWAYS with their genuine engines and bodyshells.
Due to the dry and hot climate here in Greece most of the vehicle do not suffer so much of the rustworn found on vehicles originating from the UK, Netherlands, Germany, France or Northern Italy.

110 station wagon 5 doors vehicles are more hard to find and usually are sold at higher prices and vehicles of 1988 model year are very rare.

Prices for D90s range from around 2500 Euros to up to 10.000 Euros and condition ranges from vehicles in need of restoration to pristine condition examples.

My fees, shipping and paperwork/bureaucratic procedures expenses will have to be added.

Sending a vehicle from Greece to the USA can be done easily and I have done this in the past with Series vehicles sent to the USA. It is better if a 20 feet or even better a 40 feet container is used and at least two vehicles are sent on the same time so that the shipping etc costs are divided.

On ALL occasions the vehicles are examined for their authenticity and the chassis number, engine number and running gear serial numbers are corroborated so as to make sure from our side that the US Customs and EPA will accept them as genuine vehicles and liable to inclusion to the 25 years old or older provisions.
Copies of the road registration and road permits of each vehicle, as issued by the Greek Ministry of Transportation, can be supplied free of charge.
If required a statement from the competent British authorities can also be supplied quoting the actual date of manufacture of the vehicle/s but at an additional cost.

The four (4) photos attached are a sample of the vehicles available and more photos with specific selling prices of those or other D90 and series vehicles can be provided upon request.

If you are interested please send your enquiry by e-mail to:
pantg@otenet.gr
and I can provide you with photos and details of the vehicles currently available.

Best regards
Pantelis Giamarellos
LAND ROVER CLUB OF GREECE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3697972_FRONT VIEW.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	75626   Click image for larger version

Name:	1341015_SIDE VIEW.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	75627  

Click image for larger version

Name:	3322891_FRONT VIEW.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	75630   Click image for larger version

Name:	3768415_GENUINE ENGINE VIEW.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	75631  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Think you might want to go into the vendors section.
Uncle Doug is the resident forum importer, you might want to team up with him.
Also read up on the seizures of Land Rovers by an arm of the US Government
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...hlight=Seizure

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old July 10th, 2013, 04:32 AM
pantg
Pantelis Giamarellos

Rocky thanks for the tip.

I have thought about posting it on the "vendors" section but I have considered that since this is not a professional activity of mine it would not be proper to post it there.

I did not know that the forum has a resident importer. I will try to get in touch with Uncle Doug and advise him about the situation. I am sure that a lot of the vehicles currently available and up for sale here in Greece will be of interest to USA based fellow Land Rover Defender enthusiasts who would like to import a GENUINE condition vehicle.

I am aware of the current situation with "grey" or not genuine/faked or non fully compliant specifications vehicles.
This is why I have searched and found ORIGINAL and GENUINE vehicles from here in Greece. As in every market there are a lot of modified Defenders with newer, bigger capacity engines or even engines from other manufacturers in them or with modifications on their bodyshell or running gear that eventually make them illegal to import in the USA, especially following the recent "strengthening" of the evaluation procedure and the adoption of more strict specification from the EPA and the USA Customs authorities. And this is the reason why I took the time and effort to make sure that the vehicles I can propose are as they should be.

If the moderators want to move this post from the "for sale" to the "vendors" section please feel free to do so. This is not a business venture for me and this is why I have considered that its place is here. But if the moderators or other fellow members of the forum feel it belongs there I have absolutely no problem to be moved there.

Thanks again for your kind reply and proposals.

Take care
Pantelis Giamarellos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2013, 03:34 PM
broadstone
Chris
'84 CSW 90 '74 NADA III '97 CSW 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantg View Post
Rocky thanks for the tip.

I am aware of the current situation with "grey" or not genuine/faked or non fully compliant specifications vehicles.
Please be careful as to not confuse/ mislead people as to the definition of a "grey" market vehicle. It has absolutely nothing to do with it being legal, conforming to certain regulations or being altered/tampered. It means a vehicle imported into a market it was never intended to be sold in when first manufactured. See definition below.

Grey import vehicles are new or used motor vehicles and motorcycles legally imported from another country through channels other than the maker's official distribution system. The synonymous term parallel import is sometimes substituted.
Old July 10th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Firemanshort
David Short
1980 Stage One 109

Registry
The first photo sample truck looks like a Stage One. LHD 5 door with a trop top. Someone hide it from me.
Sterling, VA
Old July 10th, 2013, 10:46 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemanshort View Post
The first photo sample truck looks like a Stage One. LHD 5 door with a trop top. Someone hide it from me.
Do it!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old July 10th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

That's fine Pantelis: you're well known in the LR community

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old July 11th, 2013, 02:17 AM
boswalt
Brian Oswalt
1988 exmod 110

Registry
Having been to Greece several times the only warning I would give is to check under the front bumper and rear crossmember of any potential purchases. You might get lucky and find a vespa!
Old July 11th, 2013, 04:12 AM
pantg
Pantelis Giamarellos

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadstone View Post
Please be careful as to not confuse/ mislead people as to the definition of a "grey" market vehicle. It has absolutely nothing to do with it being legal, conforming to certain regulations or being altered/tampered. It means a vehicle imported into a market it was never intended to be sold in when first manufactured. See definition below.

Grey import vehicles are new or used motor vehicles and motorcycles legally imported from another country through channels other than the maker's official distribution system. The synonymous term parallel import is sometimes substituted.

------ Follow up post added July 11th, 2013 02:14 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswalt View Post
Having been to Greece several times the only warning I would give is to check under the front bumper and rear crossmember of any potential purchases. You might get lucky and find a vespa!
LOL !!!!!

(or even a TAXI if the Landy was used in Athens!!!!)

Take care
Pantelis
Old July 11th, 2013, 04:30 AM
pantg
Pantelis Giamarellos

Quote:
It is indeed a State One. Date of registration is shown as 1985 but I believe that the actual built date must be older.

(huss - huss..... don't tell anybody but I most probably can assist you to find it.... <LOL>)

Take care
Pantelis
Old July 12th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Firemanshort
David Short
1980 Stage One 109

Registry
PM sent (I am so ashamed of myself)....
Sterling, VA
Old July 12th, 2013, 01:36 PM
pantg
Pantelis Giamarellos

Quote:

Don't be ashamed, we the enthusiasts of Land Rover vehicles are notorious for being shameless and scums of this Earth !!!! <LOL> (not even starting to consider what the "treehaggers" call us or think of us.......)

(a reply and request were sent for your p.m.)

Take care
Pantelis
Old July 17th, 2013, 02:26 PM
chuckc4
chuck b

Quote:
Sent you a PM regarding the possibility of splitting a container

------ Follow up post added July 17th, 2013 02:27 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantg View Post
Don't be ashamed, we the enthusiasts of Land Rover vehicles are notorious for being shameless and scums of this Earth !!!! <LOL> (not even starting to consider what the "treehaggers" call us or think of us.......)

(a reply and request were sent for your p.m.)

Take care
Pantelis
I sent you a PM regarding additional info on one of the Defenders you have
Old August 17th, 2013, 05:24 PM
pantg
Pantelis Giamarellos

and this is why you have to be sure that the Defender you find HAS to be genuinely at least 25 years old or older and still fitted with its genuine engine, running gear and have no modifications, replacements with newer type of components etc

http://jalopnik.com/feds-publicly-ex...ore-1150362156

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Take care
Pantelis

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
genuine