2004 Land Rover Discovery - DiscoNomad Project Vehicle - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old July 8th, 2011, 06:28 PM
2yellowlabs
Rob
92 RRC, 99 DII, 06 LR3, 09 LR2

Please don't resurrect that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
Remember that LR3 someone was selling that was all kitted out with ATs, lift, rack, snorkel and the works that was selling for 24k.... that it was the newer model disco too! http://www.jwestproductions.com/2007LR3/

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 8th, 2011, 07:20 PM
NoVaKevin
Kevin
sold#1469

i got some oceanfront property in arizona...
Old July 9th, 2011, 11:48 AM
TS888
Tony Sims
1984 110

I think this is a much safer buy than Buck's Defender, even for an extra $16k-$18k. If anything breaks, it's all bolt on, and it's definitely never been off road...

Seriously, it's a nice truck. But it's priced like 3 nice trucks.
Originally Posted by chris snell
This is straight out of the Manual for Build Builders.
Tony
1984 110 "Smokey" (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 9th, 2011, 12:34 PM
dogbite
Paul D
95 D90 ST & SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman View Post
Justin at L8 bought a 2004 DII last month with 7x,xxx miles on it. 3" lift, HD axles all around, lockers, winch bumper with winch, RTE rear bumper, SD rack, lights, etc etc etc... for under $6k.

I don't know what that means other than if anyone buys this truck at this asking price, I have some stuff for sale too.

I'm sure that had a little something to do with the dipressed economy of western NY....

------ Follow up post added July 9th, 2011 10:37 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomaD110 View Post
After years of constant development and refining, I think it is time for me to start a new project (NomaD110). I have decided to sell the Discovery hoping to find someone who will use it for its intended purpose and see the value that it is. With gear from companies such as ARB, Ashcroft, Safari Gard, Land Rover Genuine, RoverTym, Rover Accessories, Expedition Exchange, Hannibal Systems, African Outback, and many others, this vehicle is more than suited for anything you have in mind. Perhaps most comforting of all, it still has a genuine factory Land Rover Assured warranty until 5/29/12 or 100,000 miles. With only 36,754 miles I think your time will run out first.

Instead of posting the entire sell page here I invite you to visit the following links:

Description: http://www.disconomad.com/DiscoNomad/Sale.html
Pictures: http://www.disconomad.com/DiscoNomad/Photos.html
Service Records: http://www.disconomad.com/DiscoNomad...ce_Record.html

Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_1880wt_1167

Asking Price: $44,500 All offers welcome via email.

If you have any questions please email me directly at disconomad@disconomad.com.

Thank you,
Christian

I'll trade you my red 90 ST straight up and you start your nomad110 project with that....
Old July 14th, 2011, 09:09 AM
zimm
bart
anyone moves..... #238 sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
It's OK. Zimm bought his 110 for like $30k after asking for advice and help from everyone on the board then 3 months later listed it for $60k. Not sure what the f#^k he's complaining about.

...and it was a bargain at that price. i got to play with it for 2 years and one of mikes clients got it for 53, and im sure they were happy with the price. youre right. someone fire sales a truck to me for 40% of its value, and i should just give it way.

if youre comparing the value of a disco (need one? ANY used car lot in town) with the value of a clean 110nas, you may need to go back to landrover school. i wasnt complaining, i was laughing, and now im laughing at you.

------ Follow up post added July 14th, 2011 09:10 AM ------

Quote:
Barry, did you and I just team up on someone?
what a team.

------ Follow up post added July 14th, 2011 09:12 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Poor Zimm

He loves to attack people for trying to do exactly what he did. He had plenty to say when I wanted 60k for my truck about how I would never get it and it wasn't worth it and no truck was as clean as his and he only got 50k. I got 58k.

53. i hope you made what i made. i bet mike made a pretty penny on that truck too. its been good to everyone.
Old July 14th, 2011, 09:12 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm View Post
...and it was a bargain at that price.
The last bargain I saw didn't take almost a year and a half to sell...
Old July 14th, 2011, 09:14 AM
zimm
bart

Quote:
The last bargain I saw didn't take almost a year and a half to sell...
so youre saying 53g for a near perfect 110nas isnt a bargain?
Old July 14th, 2011, 09:52 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

No one said it wasn't a good deal. Especially now. You couldn't find one half as nice as yours for 53 or even mine. I think horsey's point is your a dick who constantly chimes in on peoples for sale threads when you think they are charging too much. Your price was market at the time. It didn't sell here because you ran your mouth on what you paid for it. Even if it is fair no one wanted to be aware of how much you stood to make. Maybe now it wouldn't matter as nothing seems to come up as nice for sale.
Old July 14th, 2011, 10:33 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbite View Post
I'll trade you my red 90 ST straight up and you start your nomad110 project with that....
LOL. He doesn't want anything that's not already 100% rebuilt. He can't wrench. The NomaD110 is "bought not built", which is about as lame as "built not bought".
Old July 16th, 2011, 12:00 AM
TS888
Tony Sims
1984 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm View Post
so youre saying 53g for a near perfect 110nas isnt a bargain?

Over $50k for any Defender is no bargain. Prices in the US are inflated. If you can get the big money, good on you, but this too shall pass.
Originally Posted by chris snell
This is straight out of the Manual for Build Builders.
Tony
1984 110 "Smokey" (sold)
Old July 27th, 2011, 08:49 AM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

What's up with this thing, I'm curious.
Old January 12th, 2012, 03:24 PM
zimm
bart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
No one said it wasn't a good deal. Especially now. You couldn't find one half as nice as yours for 53 or even mine. I think horsey's point is your a dick who constantly chimes in on peoples for sale threads when you think they are charging too much. Your price was market at the time. It didn't sell here because you ran your mouth on what you paid for it. Even if it is fair no one wanted to be aware of how much you stood to make. Maybe now it wouldn't matter as nothing seems to come up as nice for sale.

pffftt.. i ran my mouth?

boy are you stupid.

it comes down to someone actually wanting the car, and at the time the economy was in the tanker. no one was buying collector cars. ...so according to you someone would rather spend 70g for a marked up copely than 50 g on a better flip.... because im making money? im sure thats about the second dumbest thing youve written. i assume i havent read the first and id hate to sell you short.
Old January 12th, 2012, 03:34 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Why did you wait 6 months to respond?

Old January 12th, 2012, 05:46 PM
NomaD110
Christian
1993 Defender 110

Registry
Put this thread to bed guys. The truck sold a long time ago to a nice guy who saw the value. Thanks for the lesson in never using D-90 is sell anything again. I swear you couldn't give something away on this site without some a-hole blasting his opinion about it....but thats the internet. Cheers!
Old January 12th, 2012, 09:50 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Man...saucer of milk to table 12...better make that about 3 or 4 saucers... fight fight fight you bitches....
Signed...The Instigator...call me The STIG for short

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
cover, disco, discovery