2003 Audi S6 Wagon - The Fast Wagon Thread - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old December 14th, 2008, 04:10 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Just reading the latest BMW Magazine, and the pres of BMWNA ( Jim O'Donnell) says they are "bringing the 335d, X5, and xDrive35d diesels in early '09" to the US market- we'll see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 15th, 2008, 02:08 PM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader
Just reading the latest BMW Magazine, and the pres of BMWNA ( Jim O'Donnell) says they are "bringing the 335d, X5, and xDrive35d diesels in early '09" to the US market- we'll see.
You can 'Build Your Own' on the BMW USA website now, so I'd say that you should be able to buy one soon.

The the web site is saying that the X5 xDrive35d and the 335d are avilable, but no mention os a 3 series wagon at the moment..

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Ok, this just officially became the Fast Wagon Thread. Here is my top 3 in no particular order:

1995 BMW E34 M5 Touring
2001 Audi RS4 Avant
2002 BMW E39 Alpina D10 Biturbo
Anyone like the current generation Subaru Legacy GT or Outback XT Wagons? Only 250 hp from the factory, but there are alot of mildly tuned GTs and XT's putting down 300+ whp. Nice sleepers, and the XT's and early GT's could be had with manual transmissions. And of course, they are all awd...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LGT Front.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	16887   Click image for larger version

Name:	LGT Rear.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	16888  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Outback XT Front.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	16889  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 15th, 2008, 02:17 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader
Todays AutoWeek has a write up on BMW diesels.
As of now: 335d sedan only and the X5 sport ute, but no wagons or coupes in diesel.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 15th, 2008, 04:23 PM
mountainviewrover
MARK LECLAIR
95 Range Rover Classic

Registry
not a big fan of subaru..... audi and bmw just have a much better feel, ride and performance factor.

love a wagon for many reasons.
Old December 15th, 2008, 04:28 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

There are too many Subaru wagons around here, everyone has one and that is why I don't like them.

I did love my 2005 Impreza STI though. I had to sell it before I killed myself...

Old December 15th, 2008, 08:20 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Not to keep this going, but on Top Gear RIGHT NOW, they are reviewing a 3rd nuclear-wagon option beyond the M5 and E63. And, lo and behold, it's the new RS6. I'll try to get a youtube linky..

Old December 16th, 2008, 08:26 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

I think keeping the fast wagon thread going is a good thing!

I watched that last night. V10 twin turbo... nice. The wife wanted one until they said it was 77K pounds...

Old December 16th, 2008, 04:01 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Ok. so here are some questions. Coming up to be a parent was pondering buying a 3 or 5 series wagon and dropping in an S52 or S54 Motor.....then along comes your post.....duh didn't even remember Audi made a fast wagon. About 3 years ago I did the Jedi mind trick when the wife was thinking she wanted a used Z3 - the horror, might as well make me drive a VW Bug with a flower holder. Next thing you know I obie one the ole lady and we end up with a 2000 MRoadster in Evergreen. Sweet. The car is too fast for an idiot such as myself so it is in good hands and cleared the way for the defender. Now the wife is not so keen on giving up Mona (M Roadster) when she is pregnant. So I am trying to Obie one er again and I glad you brought up the S6. Where am I going with this....
How reliable has the car been?
What typically goes wrong with the S6's?
What is the average general service bill? and how often does it need to be serviced?

My only experience with Audi's goes back to their poor reputation in the 80s for electrical gremlins - 2000, 4000 5000 Coupe etc.
Old December 16th, 2008, 05:30 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
I think keeping the fast wagon thread going is a good thing!

I watched that last night. V10 twin turbo... nice. The wife wanted one until they said it was 77K pounds...
Yeah, way way too much money to spend on something other than a renovated NAS Defender. But as Clarkson said about the Mercedes, these are weapons-grade cars.
Old December 17th, 2008, 10:28 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan
and I glad you brought up the S6. Where am I going with this....
How reliable has the car been?
What typically goes wrong with the S6's?
What is the average general service bill? and how often does it need to be serviced?
My wife's 2003 S6 has been 100% reliable. Unlike her old Z3 coupe (her pre-baby ride) that left the house on a ramp truck a couple times on the way to the BMW dealer. We sold the Z3 Coupe and got a red A6 wagon and had that from about 23K miles until 97K miles. Usual wear items like tires and brakes and it needed a heater blower motor (started to squeek) but the car never had a failure (like dead on the road or undriveable failure). We sold the A6 for the S6 to get the wife some fun in her car and it has also been 100%. I bought it at about 30K and it has about 96K now. It too needed a heater blower motor, but that was all done under warranty in both cars. The S6 parts are costly (brakes and such). We had to do CV boots and normal wear items. It needed cats as well, but that was all done under warranty.
Service is pricey, and unlike my S6 you won't find one these days that is Audi Certified Used, so anything that comes up you will be paying for (ouch).
When you get around 85K miles you need to do the timing belt and that is a 3K job alone.
So like anything cool, they are not cheap, but sure are fun to waste people in other "fast" cars in a wagon with a baby seat in the back.

If you want one either find one with low miles or get some sort of good warranty. I'm not sure I'd like this car so much if I had potential huge repair bills over my head.

The only complaint my wife has is that she wants her steering wheel audio controls back (like her A6). The S6 has shifters there instead.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags