2002 and 2002 Defender 110's (FOR EXPORT ONLY) - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old September 18th, 2013, 12:03 PM
alum550
Ozzie
78 Santana (6 cyl diesel)

2002 and 2002 Defender 110's (FOR EXPORT ONLY)

Hi all, I have two complete trucks (SW 110's) Left Hand Drive with TD5's 2001 and 2002. these were imported and sold off in parts to multiple customers. When the cabs arrived (3 months later) Customs called everything back (re-delivery order) claiming that these parts were not allowed as we had imported enough material to build whole trucks. As a result the contents of two whole trucks are available for sale directly from the Bonded warehouse where they are stored. You can not take delivery here and export at a later time. They must leave the warehouse to your export destination of choice. I can help with the arrangement necessary to export.
Note: EXPORT ONLY. Price is all or nothing $30,000 for both. Located in Florida. If you live in a country with difficult import regulations or high duties, it may be beneficial to export the lot as as parts and not vehicles.

I am sure there will be questions but let me be clear in advance: There is no way to circumvent the decision made by customs. The vehicles are both disassembled as follows:
Cabs, rolling chassis (axles, wheels, tank etc. all assembled on the chassis) The chassis have been sand blasted and repainted with epoxy paint (black) please respond here for pics as I am having trouble loading them.

You are welcome to call me 813-655-8470
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 18th, 2013, 12:17 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

That is a new one. Good luck with the sale.
Old September 18th, 2013, 12:34 PM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90

Registry
Sometimes I hate our federal government.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 18th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafir View Post
Sometimes I hate our federal government.
Sometimes?????

Actually, you have to give them some credit here for recognizing the play.

I've pondered doing this exact thing but I don't want a Puma that badly. That's a helluva lot a work, logistics (as as demonstrated here....risk).

Alum550 - sorry for your troubles and GLWS.
Old September 18th, 2013, 12:47 PM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
Actually, you have to give them some credit here for recognizing the play.
If it were a policy I agreed with, I'd give them credit...
Old September 18th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Bummer...the more folks do stuff like this the harder it is going to be for everyone else. I do feel sorry for you though - I hope you get your money back.
Old September 18th, 2013, 03:03 PM
alum550
Ozzie
78 Santana (6 cyl diesel)

Just to clarify and hopefully help anyone considering this or similar, I have been importing vehicles and parts since 1991. In this case importing of parts is by the book legal. That is especially true in this case, where I actually had the rollers sold to different people in different parts of the country. I had possession of the rollers which arrived with other vehicles. The rollers as parts have never been a problem. I had them sand blasted and repainted in my shop prior to delivery. Fast forward 3 months next container arrives with a ton of stuff which included the two cabs. Everything in the entry was allowed but the two cabs sent off flags with the customs officers. Knowing I had imported rollers only three months earlier, I was asked to return the rollers and they'd hold on to the cabs for a closer look. Having done this for years I knew what the process was like so I submitted a petition for relief and it was partly granted. They could have kept it all but instead requested the cabs and chassis (which were legally in the country) be exported. I could fight it and request that the chassis be returned to me but this ties me up for another 3 months and bonded warehouse space is not cheap so it is best to let it go elsewhere or return it to my shipper. Live and learn from others' mistakes, in this case the message is: even if on paper it looks legal, you may have to pay an attorney to explain it to the powerful people with the badges.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, defender, defender 110, export