2001 Disco SD w/ 4.6, 3" RTE, Detroit+TT+4.11
- ~108k on Odometer
- 4.6L V8 from a 2003 DII, ~103k on Engine, using front cover from 2001 D2
- Transmission replaced in 2009 with one with ~45k miles (new filter & gaskets too), approx. 2k since then
- Transfer case with CDL w/ ~50k miles on it
- Color is White Gold
- RoverTym 3" Lift
- Bilstein 7100 360/80, 12" rear, 10" front remote reservoir shocks
- RoverTym rear spring retainers
- Slickrock Swaybar Disconnects
- OME steering dampener
- Tom Woods front and rear double cardan driveshaft -- Rear d/s was rebuilt by a local shop, where they replaced the yoke....
- Detroit rear diff + 4.11 Ashcroft gearing
- Trutrac front diff + 4.11 GBR gearing
- Maxi-Drive Heavy Duty rear axles
- QT HD Track rod and drag link
- RoverTym Full Brush Guard "new style" front bumper w/ skid plate
- RoverTym rear bumper w/ side nerf bars
- RoverTym sliders w/ nerf bars
- QT Front & Rear diff guards
- NWP rear ladder
- Safari Snorkel
- 285/75/16 BFGoodrich MT's on stock alloys (Tires only have approx. 10k miles on them)
- quick disconnect firestik CB antenna
- Dual Yellow top Optimas with TJM IBS Battery Management system - One battery is about 6 months old, the other is 1.5yr old
- New Wires & Plugs (STI 8mm & champion plugs) within past 100 miles
- 2.5 gallon Viair on board air tank system in rear cubby w/ Masterflow air compressor
- cb radio
- Pioneer head unit w/ XM radio
- Rubber floor mats throughout (including rear loadspace)
Oh -- one other thing to note, while this is an SD model, it does have a sunroof (front only), that was dealer installed before I bought it..
Bad / Ugly
- Has a vibration at high way speeds, either driveshafts or tires need balancing, I checked ujoints and they all look ok
- Dent in bottom of driverside quarter panel
- Scratches and small dings through entire body (it was used offroad after all)
- Surface rust in some areas, most specifically on the RoverTym bumpers (I had the sliders re-powdercoated and they've held up great)
- Missing some heat shields in the engine bay (didn't get around to putting them back in yet, I do have them though)
- I removed the fender flares to clean them up, but havent gotten around to it. I'll include them, but not installed.
- d/s door doesnt lock with key fob (it locks with the key) -- Will include actuator to fix this
- Wiper blades don't work in intermittent, will include wiper motor to fix this.
- Has a slight battery drain somewhere, if I let it sit for a few weeks, the starter battery drops a little, but I just link the batteries with a push of a button and start with no problem
Overall the truck is a great platform for an awesome trail truck... needs a little TLC to get it back to great shape. I've had this truck since the beginning of 2003, I was the second owner. I've taken it all over the country wheeling and camping, and it's done great. It's spent the last 2 years or so mostly sitting while I slowly did an engine swap of a 4.6 that I had... since completion, I try to drive it a few times a month... It's time for me to move on to another project though.
Price: $6900 OBO -- Located in West Caldwell, NJ (07006) -- I have title in hand. Will possibly entertain trades (110/90/109/88, etc..)
Truck is sold AS-IS, WHERE-IS. I've done my best to describe everything that I'm aware of, but please feel free to ask any questions and/or inspect it yourself. This truck is also listed elsewhere.
1966 Series IIa "Olive"
2001 Discovery II
2006 LR3 HSE7
Past: 1994 Defender 90 #416, 2001 Discovery II