2001 Campomatic for sale - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 14th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Winn Bearden
2001 Campomatic for sale

I'm listing this for a coworker who bought it directly from the factory brand new back in 2001 when he was working in Oz.

This thing is bad ass. I pulled it behind the 90 with no problem on a couple of camping trips. You'll need to look at their website as it has too many features to list. He is keeping the fridge, but an awesome little Honda generator goes with it (EX 350). It also has the annex tent which has never been used. The canvas tent is perfect and is heavy duty as anything I've seen, spent two days in pouring rain and not a drop came in. The stove and sink (has electric water pump wired to faucet) works great and is all stainless. Has brackets to hold 2-10lb LPG tanks.
This generator and trailer have Aussie receptacles, but a 10 dollar part from Honda and some stuff from Home depot could Americanize it in an hour. The 12V plugs are also Aussie but could be easily swapped as well. Or it could be left as is with some adapters.

It has the Treg off road hitch with a class III adapter, electric AND overrun brakes. Also has two water cans but never used them as the built in water tank is 120 liter.
I could write pages on how well built and rugged this thing is. Chassis is galvanized, independent coil suspension, it goes on and on. If there was any way I could keep from giving it back to him I would, but with three out of four kids in college, and just buying a car for the fourth, I can't afford it.

He is asking $12k for it, and in my opinion it's worth every penny. Older ones are selling for more than this, and the newer ones are going for 20k plus.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	campomatic.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	89663  
Winn Bearden

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

for sale