2000 Porsche Boxster - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old February 20th, 2008, 09:38 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

2000 Porsche Boxster

2000 Porsche Boxster, Black on Black, 2.7L flat six, 5 speed, 42,000 miles, Sport Design Package, color wheel crests, GT3 center console delete kit (allows for more leg room), non smoker kit, Includes $300 all weather car cover from California Car Cover Co., comes with complete records, including original window sticker. Super clean interior, upgraded sound system (has the speakers in the doors).

Car is in good condition. It is not a collectors piece, but is pretty clean. Usual rock chips in the front bumper. There is seepage in an AC line, but the AC still cranks ice cold air out no problem. I chose not to fix it due to the fact that it does not seem to make a difference in AC performance (I was told it would be about 2 hours labor and a $2 part though). Also, the rear seam on the top (under the "clamshell") is coming unglued. It is still water tight however. The guys at RMG in Sunnyvale, Ca and the guys at Kahler's Workstatt in Dublin, Ca (the two shops that the car has been to) both insist it's an easy fix. I just never got around to it. I have lowered the price of the car $500 below my initial asking price though to cover the cost of a new top, should it be needed in the not too distant future.

I average 22mpg around town. got 28mpg while driving between San Francisco and Los Angeles this past August.

For sale by owner. No warranty, expressed, implied, etc.

Blue Book in excellent condition is $20,475, in good condition is 19,370. I would say it is somewhere in between the two, I`m asking $18,000, or make me an offer. PM me or email me, nathanielmela@gmail.com

I bought it as a reliable, yet still decently fun, daily driver to hold me over between Rovers. It's a fun car, but I just want to be driving a D90 again.

Follow-up Post:

I neglected to mention- located in Palo Alto, Ca
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2435.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	12249   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2437.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	270.0 KB
ID:	12250  

Name:	IMG_2438.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	345.4 KB
ID:	12251   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2439.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	12252  

Name:	IMG_2441.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	12253   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2436.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	12254  

Name:	IMG_2440.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	249.4 KB
ID:	12255  
Advertisement

Old February 20th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Emerson00
Matt J.
None at the moment

Fun car. Just borrowed my dad's S for a few days... I don't fit too well, but I was only glad to hand it back because I could never keep my license with that car! Think faster and it goes faster!
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:46 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerson00
Fun car. Just borrowed my dad's S for a few days... I don't fit too well, but I was only glad to hand it back because I could never keep my license with that car! Think faster and it goes faster!
It's definitely a fun car, and if I had room for 2 cars I would keep it... but I want to be back in a D90. Driving this car definitely takes self control, but goddam, it is fun in the hills.

Also, I am 5'10 ish, 200 lbs. I doubt this car can comfortably handle anyone over 6`1-2 or so. It was very comfortable on longer trips- 410 miles, one tank, non stop, and I felt fine.
Advertisement

Old February 21st, 2008, 04:04 PM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
God I love Boxsters! If I only had the room (and need) for one... That looks like a very clean and well cared for car! Someone will jump on it for that price. Good luck.
Old February 21st, 2008, 06:57 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke
God I love Boxsters! If I only had the room (and need) for one... That looks like a very clean and well cared for car! Someone will jump on it for that price. Good luck.
Thanks- it is pretty clean- much cleaner than most 2000's i was looking at when i initially bought the car. I think it is a pretty fair price- but not quite the right time of year. 2 months from now and i'm sure i could have it gone in a week. Problem is, there are 2 Defenders that I am looking at right now (we all know how hard it is to find the right D90, but there are 2 good contenders right now), so i am doing what i can to make this happen.
Old March 17th, 2008, 06:32 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

bump. please, god, somebody buy this so that I can get back into a Defender.
Old March 17th, 2008, 06:36 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Nate, you know the drill...ebay it with a ton of detailed pictures. If you need help hosting the pics, let me know...
Old March 17th, 2008, 06:40 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

i avoid ebay like the plague, but it looks like that's probably my next move if I can't find this thing a new home in the next week or two.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags