Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old March 16th, 2009, 08:37 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

1999 Disco II FS cheap but high miles

For Sale 1999 Land Rover Discovery II, 5 passenger, White w/ grey interior, 4.0 EFI V8, automatic, dual sunroofs, ACE, ABS, 6 disc CD, etc. (Does not have rear jump seats or rear AC). This is my personal truck that I use as a ski weekend truck and as winter transport, but I want a Range Rover now (don't know why). In the last year the truck has had the following new parts: Bilstein shocks (all 4), front and rear rotors and pads, most sensors on the engine including MAF, water pump, belt, front wheel bearings, alternator, PS pump, all tune up parts including coil packs, injectors, misc gaskets, etc. 4 Bridgetsone Blizzak tires and a new heated windscreen just installed last week. The engine uses no coolant and there are no signs of block issues. Just ran it through state inspection on Friday and it is ready to go. It was previously owned by a lady that commuted to MA so it has high miles (get ready for it... 257K miles. Yes, you read that right 257,000 miles), but it was always dealer serviced and has had tons of new genuine parts installed over the years and all records and all services done (I'm amazed she did all the services by the book, but she did). All systems are working correctly and there are no warning lights on and no codes. ABS and TC are all working 100%. So that is the good, here is the bad...
Items that do not work: Heated seats, cruise control and the rear seat cup holder will not go all the way in. A dog attacked the interior (not my dog, previous owners dog) and the seats and door panels all have some sort of canine damage (claw marks, ripped leather, and or both etc) and when I say damage I mean dog on a mission damage, not just a scuff. This must have been one pissed off dog. I've had the truck for 2 years and it doesn't bother me at all, but if you are looking for a pristine truck... this isn't it. This is a great running and driving truck that always starts on the coldest days and easily handles the snow and the job of taking the kids to the ski mountain. It looks good, other than the interior, and is smooth and comfortable. I took it to SC last winter and it was a great road trip truck. Located in Maine and miles will go up slightly as I am still driving it.
Use it as a winter car, a spare car or the basis for an off roader?
$3500.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08747.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	18295   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08748.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	18296  

Name:	DSC08749.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	18297   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08750.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	18298  

Name:	DSC08751.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	18299   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08752.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	18300  

Name:	DSC08753.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	18301   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08754.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	18302  

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 17th, 2009, 10:29 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

or best offer, need money to go buy a RR.

Old March 17th, 2009, 11:04 PM
sixthflick
Stephen Flickenschild
2008 LR2

PM sent.
Advertisement

Old March 18th, 2009, 08:42 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

PM answered.
Drop me emails instead, you will get a faster reply.
info at eastcoastrover.com

One quick word based on the emails I have had...
If you want a truck that runs and drives great and is good cheap 4x4 transport and is rough around the edges, this is a great truck. If you are looking for a truck that is pristine, or going to put the work into a truck to make a pristine truck... just buy a better one to start with. Pristine this truck is not, hence the price.
Thanks,
Mike, ECR

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
disco, disco ii, fs