1999 Defender 110 Td5 LHD Many Upgrades. Titled in California. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old May 23rd, 2016, 08:32 PM
RoverDude
John Gadd
Many

1999 Defender 110 Td5 LHD Many Upgrades. Titled in California.

116,xxx miles on this one of a kind vehicle titled in California.
Just a few notes.....
Left hand drive 5 speed manual.
Powerful Td5 motor
Recent paint & body work performed. Including addressing any rust issues.
Bumpers, Sliders and Roof Rack custom fabricated by Matt at Rock Ware in Colorado.
4.11 gears in the diffs
Warn 9.5 DTI winch
Painless dual battery set up
Warn HID lights
Tuffy Console
Newer BFG KM2
Set of Steel wheels included
Transfer Case and Clutch recently replaced.

This gem has traveled throughout the western US and Baja Mexico for camping and surfing expeditions.
Owner selling only to finance new business venture.

$65,000 price before it goes on eBay. Don't wait!
Please serious inquiries only
Any questions or additional pics contact John at
7I4-7I9-7I23
roverdudeATsbcglobalDOTnet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4765.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	150122   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4767.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	150123  

Name:	DSCN4769.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	150124   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4771.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	150125  

Name:	DSCN4774.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	150126   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4773.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	150127  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2016, 10:02 PM
speedpin
Adam
1985 130 Gen IV

Registry
1999? Guessing 1989
Looks great!
Old May 23rd, 2016, 10:15 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Did the color change? Thought it was Epsom but can't tell in all pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2016, 11:20 PM
kurtisblo
Kurt
1991 Defender 110, LHD 200TDI

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedpin View Post
1999? Guessing 1989
Looks great!
But mentions it's a TD5...
Old May 24th, 2016, 10:45 AM
gravitysucks
Andy
94 D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedpin View Post
1999? Guessing 1989
Looks great!

1999, unless I'm mistaken its been discussed/listed on here before.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...110-12842.html
Old May 24th, 2016, 12:03 PM
RoverDude
John Gadd
Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Did the color change? Thought it was Epsom but can't tell in all pics.
My buddy had it painted Coniston recently. The Epson was heavy on the metallic and he didn't care for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 24th, 2016, 12:37 PM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
Definitely a '99 Td5 (judging by the dash and interior). Not sure if that's AC under the dash (not factory if it is). Factory AC has the front grill protruding a couple inches, with a different surround to allow room for the condenser.

The stock Epsom green is probably the most common colour on the TD5's of this vintage, it's pretty dark. I think the Coniston green looks great, one of my favourite LR colours. Sharp looking rig!
Old May 24th, 2016, 12:44 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Sounds like a lot of truck. Too bad it's not RHD GLWTS.

Old May 24th, 2016, 01:44 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN38 View Post
Definitely a '99 Td5 (judging by the dash and interior). Not sure if that's AC under the dash (not factory if it is). Factory AC has the front grill protruding a couple inches, with a different surround to allow room for the condenser. The stock Epsom green is probably the most common colour on the TD5's of this vintage, it's pretty dark. I think the Coniston green looks great, one of my favourite LR colours. Sharp looking rig!
Factory ac doesn't need the pushed out grill. I've seen td5s and Pumas with factory ac without it. Depends on market.
Old May 24th, 2016, 02:23 PM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Factory ac doesn't need the pushed out grill. I've seen td5s and Pumas with factory ac without it. Depends on market.
Are you sure they aren't after market AC systems? I have yet to see a factory installed AC without the extended grill to accommodate for the condenser.

Any td5's from Europe, UK and Central America, as well as the Pumas that I have seen (and driven) all have the bump out if the AC is factory installed.

Microcat even specifies the 2 different grill frames as "Less Air Conditioning" or "With Manual Air Conditioning"

What markets don't have it?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AC.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	150166  
Old May 24th, 2016, 02:29 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Are you sure they aren't after market AC systems? I have yet to see a factory installed AC without the extended grill to accommodate for the condenser. Any td5's from Europe, UK and Central America, as well as the Pumas that I have seen (and driven) all have the bump out if the AC is factory installed. Microcat even specifies the 2 different grill frames as "Less Air Conditioning" or "With Manual Air Conditioning" What markets don't have it?
Italy and Spain trucks for the td5 and Africa for the puma. The puma was in pics. Td5 I've seen three like that in person. I suppose it could be aftermarket but doubt it. No more aftermarket than any ac I guess since different companies technically make it.
Old May 24th, 2016, 04:45 PM
Chicosalgueiro
F. Salgueiro
2000 Defender 110 SW Td5

My Portuguese Td5 has dealer (not factory) installed A/C from Diavia, sold as OEM with LR warranty. No extended/protruding grill. Works very well.

Francisco
Old May 24th, 2016, 09:44 PM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicosalgueiro View Post
My Portuguese Td5 has dealer (not factory) installed A/C from Diavia, sold as OEM with LR warranty. No extended/protruding grill. Works very well.

Francisco
Well, that's exactly my point right there. Lots of dealers installed aftermarket AC systems on new vehicles, it makes them more sellable in warmer climates. It's still OEM, it's still under warranty, no questions there.

I'm still quite certain that any Defenders that left the factory with AC from the td5 onward have the extended grill frame.
Old May 24th, 2016, 10:04 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Well, that's exactly my point right there. Lots of dealers installed aftermarket AC systems on new vehicles, it makes them more sellable in warmer climates. It's still OEM, it's still under warranty, no questions there. I'm still quite certain that any Defenders that left the factory with AC from the td5 onward have the extended grill frame.
Probably right.
Old May 25th, 2016, 12:05 AM
LakeLBJ
CC
SOLD - 1987 D90 LHD / 200TDI

Registry
Can anyone elaborate on the story of this truck? From another thread -- "It spent 7 months being certified by the U.S. department of transportation and this vehicle has a U.S. title and is 50 state legal."
Old May 25th, 2016, 08:05 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeLBJ View Post
Can anyone elaborate on the story of this truck? From another thread -- "It spent 7 months being certified by the U.S. department of transportation and this vehicle has a U.S. title and is 50 state legal."
Why not discuss this with the seller and get it from the horses mouth?

Old May 25th, 2016, 10:09 AM
LakeLBJ
CC
SOLD - 1987 D90 LHD / 200TDI

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
Why not discuss this with the seller and get it from the horses mouth?
Understood, but there was an earlier thread linked in the other post that is now gone for some reason. I think it would be valuable for everyone to hear how someone could legally import a newer than 25 year old vehicle and go through the process with the DOT. It would probably make this vehicle even more attractive for the buyer -- the hassle and expense of jumping through those hoops are probably more than most are willing to go...
Old May 25th, 2016, 02:13 PM
AdamSanta85
Adam
91' D90 200TDI

Registry
Quote:
Understood, but there was an earlier thread linked in the other post that is now gone for some reason. I think it would be valuable for everyone to hear how someone could legally import a newer than 25 year old vehicle and go through the process with the DOT. It would probably make this vehicle even more attractive for the buyer -- the hassle and expense of jumping through those hoops are probably more than most are willing to go...
Agreed. Lets hear it. This guy is trying to get $65k for it when NAS 110's go for over $100k sometimes.

How the heck did he pull this off without a cage installed?
Old May 25th, 2016, 05:02 PM
gravitysucks
Andy
94 D90

Registry
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by st0k3d View Post
Agreed. Lets hear it. This guy is trying to get $65k for it when NAS 110's go for over $100k sometimes.

How the heck did he pull this off without a cage installed?

IF it is the same truck in the link to the old thread, I don't remember all the details only that I was interested in buying it last time it was for sale. I did my own research to confirm through multiple agencies that it was legally registered, but it sold before I was satisfied that I could get it and not be looking over my shoulder. I don't believe the current owner is the one that had it imported, and what requirements would have applied 10+ years ago obviously don't apply now. So, the missing thread would only be an interesting story of what was, not what is or can be.

As for the price, an owner can ask what they want although he would probably allow you to pay him more than he's asking if you think the price is low.
Old May 25th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Hayduke
Paul reyes
Defender 110

Hello everyone,
Roverdude is listing the truck for me as I don't have a ton of time these days. I've had the truck for 3+ years and am not the one who imported it. As Gravitysucks mentioned above, I did a ton of research prior to purchasing the truck and was unable to find anything of concern. Registration has never been an issue and the truck is currently insured through USAA. I love the truck and really wish I didn't have to let it go. I've listed it for what I feel is a very fair price and I'd like to see it go to an enthusiast in the community.
Cheers and thanks for looking.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, defender, defender 110, lhd, td5