1999 Defender 110 300TDi Best Offer - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old November 29th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Frankie Carbone
Heath Hollenbeck
'97 D90 #535, '03 DiscoII

1999 Defender 110 300TDi Best Offer

I have a 1986 200Tdi Defender(currently having some overheating issues) and this 1999 Grey Market Defender 110 300Tdi. I am selling the 1999 to make room for a 300TDi D-90. Pendy found a couple good sources for me but they kept selling them before I could buy them. It appears that I have finally got my hands on a diesel d-90. So my 1999 that has quite a few dings and scratches is going to go bye bye as I am not going to make it look completely perfect anymore as I have been looking for a 90. No rust. Anyway, I am the second owner here in the states. I did not import it but I did buy it in the US and title it here in Nebraska. I think that the vehicle is worth somewhere around 37K but I am open to all offers as I want to sell it in the next 3 weeks or so. The vehicle is available to be driven at anytime. It runs very nice, just has some dings that need to be attented to and I have not installed the middle row of side seat belts(i have the seatbelts just waiting on some brackets). I also need a new sending unit. Gauge goes empty at a quarter tank. It also has a faulty passanger lock, cant lock it from the outside. I just installed new tires and A/C. Vehicle has 76K on it and is LHD. If intersted PM me and I have about 50 pictures I can send. I also have a black chequer plate kit for the vheicle and alloy rims I was going to put on. I might keep the alloys for the D-90 however. If anyone wants to see pictures of my D-90 I can emal those as well. Its not for sale. Pretty much stock vehicle at this point. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 2nd, 2006, 10:14 AM
BurritosDaddy
Daddy
working on it...

I sent you a pm asking for pics. If you have some, I would appreciate it. Thanks Jeremy
Old December 2nd, 2006, 11:11 AM
Frankie Carbone
Heath Hollenbeck

Highest offer is 28K at this point. But as you know offers, don't awlays bring about a sale. I am going to post vehicle in a couple more places and would like to et it sold in about 3 weeks. Thanks for all the PM's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 2nd, 2006, 04:44 PM
DiscoDino
Nadim Samara
1992 Disco "Dino"

So how did this NON-NAS truck make it here in teh US Legally?
'04 Disco II stock
'07BMW G650X Challenge (farkled)
Old December 2nd, 2006, 07:27 PM
ColonialRovers
Mark Reid
Roverless

Before I would purchased a Non NAS vehicle Defender, I would need to see the EPA and DOT documents. Just because it has a title does not mean its properly documented. I don't know the history of this truck but it would be my concern.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:31 AM
Frankie Carbone
Heath Hollenbeck

Like I said in the post it is a gray market Defender so no EPA or Dot papers. If that is a concern for you then this would not be the vehicle for you. Thanks
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:06 AM
BurritosDaddy
Daddy
working on it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialRovers
Before I would purchased a Non NAS vehicle Defender, I would need to see the EPA and DOT documents. Just because it has a title does not mean its properly documented. I don't know the history of this truck but it would be my concern.
This is a question from a dumb newbie, but I am not understanding the whole EPA/DOT document issue. Do you need this paperwork if you intend to buy the truck for personal use or is it only for resale or do you really need it at all (unless someone complains to the DOT). I apologize for my ignorance...if you want to help me out with an answer, please reply in PM, so as not to divert this thread from it's intended purposes (Selling the truck).

Bump...it seems this would sell quickly being 1.) a diesel 2.) a Defender 110

Just my opinion though (an ignorant one)...
Old December 3rd, 2006, 12:20 PM
mattarm
Matt
1993 D110

Here is a little info/opinion http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ead.php?t=4841.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 12:33 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Grey Market is when something is imported using legal provisions - this involves processing the car through the DOT and EPA and coverting it according to established regulations. I have 2 grey market cars and they are properly and completely documented.

A vehicle without these documents might more properly, if harshly, be termed Black Market. It was imported somehow, using some method that sidestepped the customs process, and subsequently registered.

Each of these "sub-legitimate" vehicles are individual cases, and your level of risk in owning it depends entirely on how flagrantly the laws were violated in its importation. Some people get to know the laws very well, bring in parts, assemble a vehicle, and stay technically on the legal side - hard to do unless you know the laws in your area _very_ well. Selling the vehicle later does not "launder" the title and render it legal. I passed on a 110 one time that a guy had imported as parts and riveted on a 1967 VIN.

For all intents and purposes a vehicle like this should be bought as parts, however for the price, you could convert a NAS d90 to a 110, and after selling the extra d90 parts, you'd have a diesel 110 priced comparably with a NAS 110.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 06:54 PM
Frankie Carbone
Heath Hollenbeck

Thanks Mattarm that was interesting converastion and very educational. Thanks for the link.
Old December 9th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Frankie Carbone
Heath Hollenbeck

Vehicle has been sold. Thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, 300tdi, defender 110, tdi