1998 Defender 100Tdi LHD w/ac - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:00 AM
Sun Traveler
D. B.
110 Defender Tdi

1998 Defender 100Tdi LHD w/ac

Hi I am concidering selling my 110Tdi.. and it is very important that I sell it to someone who will appreciate it and understand the beauty of such a wonderful truck..

The truck is a LHD 1998 Defender 110 fitted with a 200Tdi and a LT77..
I have done a lot of work to the truck and it has been very loved and it has also performed as a daily driver for several years.. I am concidering sale so as to buy something a little more comfortable as a daily driver.. I am a professional musician and I enjoy the size and layout of the 110 for hauling gear and camping.. the truck was an 11 seater and now is a five.. technically two seater but I still have the second row seats but the rear jump seats are removed and sold..

some of the work performed to the truck

*NEW HEAD GASKET(CLEAN LAITH AND INSPECTION OF HEAD)
*NEW WATER PUMP
*NEW TIMING BELT
*NEW TIMING BELT TENSIONER
*NEW HOSES
*NEW BELTS
*NEW BATTERY
*AC BLOCK HEATER (WORKS GREAT)
*NEW GLOW PLUGS
*1.5" WIDE TRACK SPACERS
*NEW 200TDI DRIVERS FENDER TO MATCH 300TDI FENDER ON PASSENGER SIDE
*NEW GENUINE HEATED WINDSHIELD
*5 BAR ALUMINUM PROTECTION
*BILSTEIN SHOCKS
*ARB BRONT BULL BAR WITH XD9000 WARN WINCH
*HELLA LIGHTS
*FRESH SATIN BLACK BUMBER PAINT
*EURO STYLE CLEAR LIGHTS WITH LED BULBS AND KBX PROTECTORS5
*TD5 LARGE DIAMETER FUEL FILLER INLET
*TD5 EURO CLEAR FENDER MARKERS
*ALUMINUM SHIFT KNOBS WITH MATCHING OEM SHIFT PATTERN
*SYNTHETIC FLUIDS THROUGHOUT
*WINDOW TINT WITH CUSTOM CURTAINS (great for security and camping)

This truck is a real nice 110 it is a Defender and could always use a little tlc here and there dependant upon what you taiste is..

THIS TRUCK IS EQUIPTED WITH SALSBURY REAR AXLE AND A CLASS 3 RECIEVER AND TRAILER LIGHTS..

this truck was at some time a RHD and as a result at some point the truck became a LHD and a 200Tdi.. so mileage is unknown but the guage says around 175K miles..

with over 50k invested and the feeling like there is always more one could due to make a better truck I will entertain offers around 45k..

please understand I am a long time Land Rover driver and have owned many models including a NAS D90.. the 110 is my favorite bacause of its size and the diesel is very efficient..

I know the subject comes up alot but I have clocked 30mpg highway driving and will aways do mid to high 20's average...

*GOOD WORKING AC AND HEAT

I would also concider partial trades of other Rovers...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	121.jpg
Views:	705
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	48485   Click image for larger version

Name:	123.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	48486  

Click image for larger version

Name:	088.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	48487  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:23 AM
Sun Traveler
D. B.
110 Defender Tdi

Sorry for the typo!!! this is clearly a 5 door 110......
Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:33 AM
corrumpu
chris b
1995/RRC SWB

Registry
nice looking truck! good luck with the sale.
is 1998 a typo as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:42 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
So when they converted it to LHD they didn't switch the windshield wipers around, huh? Anything else weird about the conversion?
Old March 2nd, 2012, 12:02 PM
Sun Traveler
D. B.
110 Defender Tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
So when they converted it to LHD they didn't switch the windshield wipers around, huh? Anything else weird about the conversion?
True that was always kinda strange to me.. but after a little i decided to keep it that way for now.. I got very used to it that way..

other then that it seems right.. except there was no proper vent in the left side fender before I replaced it..

------ Follow up post added March 2nd, 2012 12:03 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrumpu View Post
nice looking truck! good luck with the sale.
is 1998 a typo as well?
Thank you.. it is registered as a 1998...
Old March 2nd, 2012, 12:13 PM
Sun Traveler
D. B.
110 Defender Tdi

Quote:
also strange was when I put on the 5 bar aluminum lower rocker protection I discovered instead of aluminum like my other Rovers it was heavy guage steel? it made it very hard to install the protection as it had to be ground down an 1/8" to fit.. but it turned out great..
Old March 2nd, 2012, 12:51 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Nice truck.

As a point of interest, when I went to register my first imported 110 at my local DMV, there was so much confusion around the non-NAS VIN number that by the time it was all cleared up, the woman was so confused/flustered that she entered the model year as a 2004 (not an '84), printed out the registration and was all set to issue the title as a 2004. I paused before I corrected her (after all it would be cool to brag about a 2004 110), but getting these mistakes ironed out goes a long way in terms of any inquiries (whether by potential buyers or Feds)

Just curious how yours came to be a 1998.

Like the truck though!
GLWS
Old March 2nd, 2012, 01:26 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
how does the interior look?
Old March 2nd, 2012, 01:30 PM
jonmacs22
Jon
None

Interior photos?

When was the above listed work performed?

Rust?? Photos?

Besides the new/matching 300tdi fender, any other paint work?
Old March 2nd, 2012, 02:24 PM
Sun Traveler
D. B.
110 Defender Tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmacs22 View Post
Interior photos?

When was the above listed work performed?

Rust?? Photos?

Besides the new/matching 300tdi fender, any other paint work?
The work performed was within the last 2 years and 20k miles some work was very recent.. (such as the heated genuine windscreen and paint and fender work)..

also there is small pitting (oxidization) on the passenger lower door outer skin and rear door lower..

the door lowers are solid with no rust

the truck body before my purchase had been repainted.. the top looks origional? maybe repainted also?

also the second row doors have child lock outs..

it was actually the drivers side 200tdi fender that was added and during that the hood, fender, windscreen frame were painted to a perfect match.. that is also when the ARB front bumper was painted satin black as were the new bulkhead vents..

there is no rust on this vehicle other then very small surface debris on the axels..

the interior is nice.. the center council is a little wore out with a loose hinge on lid and a crack on the cup holder..

I will post interior photos soon...

------ Follow up post added March 2nd, 2012 02:29 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
how does the interior look?
The interior looks nice.. I will post more pictures soon... it has window curtains and NAS style AC controls..
Old March 2nd, 2012, 02:31 PM
winn442
Winn Bearden

Registry
I built this truck back in 1999. Too much to write, call me if you want to know about its origins...229-389-1766
Old March 2nd, 2012, 02:33 PM
Sun Traveler
D. B.
110 Defender Tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
Nice truck.

As a point of interest, when I went to register my first imported 110 at my local DMV, there was so much confusion around the non-NAS VIN number that by the time it was all cleared up, the woman was so confused/flustered that she entered the model year as a 2004 (not an '84), printed out the registration and was all set to issue the title as a 2004. I paused before I corrected her (after all it would be cool to brag about a 2004 110), but getting these mistakes ironed out goes a long way in terms of any inquiries (whether by potential buyers or Feds)

Just curious how yours came to be a 1998.

Like the truck though!
GLWS
Yes I have heard of such things before.. Im not 100% sure how the truck became a 1998... but based on its large diameter fuel inlet.. right fender air intake, child locks, and high placed rear Land Rover oval it appears to match the 98... it also has a 98 stamped on the frame and in the stearing wheel? not sure if that matters... but it is a nice truck.. definately something really great to start with and custom to ones liking!!
the titile was inspected by the state of Michigan and was approved without a problem...

I also dont see too many 84's without some form of rot or rust... this truck does have some unique qualities and it is a great base for customizing and has proven well as a daily driver...
Old March 2nd, 2012, 05:03 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
DB-post some more pictures please. Would love to see them. Sounds like a cool truck.
I'm all set myself (I already have one very simlar to that) but I may have somebody that would be interested because its a LHD.

It should go without saying but you really need to post some (many actually) photos of the underside (especially because its been in Michigan for bit). I understandthe hesitation with sharing too much given the tendencies of some recent participants here to have negative comments but IMO the chassis and other areas are pivotal in a truck like this.

The person I'm thinking of as a potential buyer for your truck is not a member of D-90 and would just as soon buy a crusty NAS 110 if yours has any real rust. Just being direct about it.

Have to say it again just in case you get the wrong impression when I was bringing up the "R" word ....that's one sweet ROW 110!
Old March 2nd, 2012, 06:12 PM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

Quote:
They didn't replace the first wiper metal tube section that leaves the motor going to the first wiper gear housing, it is a shorter pipe to allow the wiper to come out of the first hole. You also have to use LHD wiper arms. After changing a plastic stop piece in the wiper motor gear you get the blades to park properly.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 01:30 PM
Sun Traveler
D. B.
110 Defender Tdi

Thank you all for your comments and questions... I will post detailed pictures of the frame, bulkhead and interior .... this truck is very solid and will be a great truck for the new owner... I have now committed to selling this truck and I will be as helpful and informative as possible...
Old March 3rd, 2012, 05:10 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

I owned it when it was red and right hand drive. sold it to Winn and he transformed it into a thing of beauty. wish I could buy it back now.
Old March 4th, 2012, 08:08 AM
ssbartley1
Steve Bartley
1997 SW #160

Registry
I dont think you will have a hard time selling that- look forward to the additional photos!
"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old March 4th, 2012, 08:52 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
What size tires are on there? Also, what about springs, do you know which are on there?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old March 4th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Sun Traveler
D. B.
110 Defender Tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
What size tires are on there? Also, what about springs, do you know which are on there?
I am not sure about what springs are on this truck.. I am guessing they are genuine..
the tires mounted to this truck are:

Good Year Wrangler (dura wall) MT/R
LT 285/75R16 load range D

they have a lot of life left on them.. they look almost new and have impressed me with there performance...

------ Follow up post added March 4th, 2012 09:54 AM ------

*I also have a brand new uninstalled set of black and stainless tubular style side running boards for this truck..

*I also have the matching 5th wheel spare rim as the one thats mounted to the spare is slightly different..

*In a box I have a set of new (SVX headlights) for this truck.. I was gonna install them after I installed genuine hinged light guards...
Old March 7th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Sun Traveler
D. B.
110 Defender Tdi

*PHOTOS COMING SOON*
I have now retired the truck from use and will have photos up soon...

*THERE IS NO DOOR RUST..
*THERE IS NO FRAME ROT..
*THE BULKHEAD IS SOLID WITH NO RUST..

*THIS IS THE NICEST 110TDI I HAVE EVER SEEN AND I BELIEVE ONE OF THE BEST DEALS FOR A GREAT TRUCK..

IM SURE YOU WILL AGREE WHEN I POST MORE PHOTOS.. THIS TRUCK IS GARAGE KEPT AND HAS BEEN WELL LOVED....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
ac, lhd, tdi