Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 23rd, 2016, 04:26 PM
SGS
SGS
'95 NAS ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceDeck View Post
I watched the same upward trend happen in the Porsche market... Try to by a 993 turbo for under $150k that is not a beater... 4 years ago they were $60-75k and also watch the early Bronco market right now... They went for $15k-$35k for a nice one to now north of $65k for a nice one and north of $100k for a nice frame up one..
Yep - so did I. Missed my dream car by being born 2 years too late, so by the time I made partner a 993 turbo was no longer priced in a way that made sense as a car to commute to the beach in. So I did the rational thing and got a SharkWerks 3.9L GT3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 28th, 2016, 10:09 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
What am I missing here?

After a decade of saying I'd never own one, suddenly I wake up one morning and can't stop thinking about buying myself a NAS 90.

Then I come across this. I am in favor of fair pricing, even selling for profits, but $115K for this truck makes me sick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Old August 28th, 2016, 10:16 PM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by crown14 View Post
What am I missing here?

After a decade of saying I'd never own one, suddenly I wake up one morning and can't stop thinking about buying myself a NAS 90.

Then I come across this. I am in favor of fair pricing, even selling for profits, but $115K for this truck makes me sick.

I said the same thing 10 years ago about a Ferrari Dino when they were $50-60k...you don't want to know that they are worth now.
Old August 28th, 2016, 10:35 PM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix37 View Post
I said the same thing 10 years ago about a Ferrari Dino when they were $50-60k...you don't want to know that they are worth now.
But that makes sense for a Ferrari. For the "special" US version of a very high production 4x4 it doesn't make sense.

You little rebel, I like you.
Old August 28th, 2016, 11:57 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix37 View Post
I do know what they are worth. But that has nothing to do with this.

Literally apples and oranges.

Actually I think if I ever do buy one I'll buy from Copley. Then even if I do pay a high end price it will come with something.

Old August 29th, 2016, 02:17 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'93 NAS110 #463
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by crown14 View Post
What am I missing here? After a decade of saying I'd never own one, suddenly I wake up one morning and can't stop thinking about buying myself a NAS 90. Then I come across this. I am in favor of fair pricing, even selling for profits, but $115K for this truck makes me sick. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
What are you missing here? You're a non-Defender owner posting trolling comments. Another nugget of pointless commentary to stir the pot.

I'd assume you know what goes into building these trucks. I sold my NAS90 to NAS110 conversion for $120k and broke even.

Could you build this truck yourself for half the cost? Absolutely. Do many people have time or expertise? No.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old August 29th, 2016, 02:49 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Crown14: Please review the rules for posting here. They are in the sticky. Your post Might not be in line.
Old August 29th, 2016, 10:47 AM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
What are you missing here? You're a non-Defender owner posting trolling comments. Another nugget of pointless commentary to stir the pot.

I'd assume you know what goes into building these trucks. I sold my NAS90 to NAS110 conversion for $120k and broke even.

Could you build this truck yourself for half the cost? Absolutely. Do many people have time or expertise? No.
One of us seems to have confused the truck in question here for a rebuilt or restored example.

When I looked at the photos, I saw a nearly bone stock white 97 SW that appears to have been parked mostly and driven occasionally but not kept in a bubble. Sure it's rare. Sure it's nice, very nice even. Sure it's a very valuable example. I'd agree with all that. But when I read the original post, specifically the words in that post, I feel like I must have missed a detail.

Maybe I'll go check again, just to be sure.

Old August 29th, 2016, 11:11 AM
roverguy2
Brian Morton
1991 Defender 110 "Blanca"

Registry
Some people like original some restored. I'm sure the owner has a dollar that they feel good about and if they get what they want more power to them.
1997 NAS was still made in a pretty limited numbers even by Land Rover standards at the time. Americans love Automatics so that helps the value as well.
Lots of exotics selling for crazy money and even some American cars are the same it is just the market.
Good Luck With the Sell!
Old August 29th, 2016, 01:28 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by roverguy2 View Post
Some people like original some restored. I'm sure the owner has a dollar that they feel good about and if they get what they want more power to them.
1997 NAS was still made in a pretty limited numbers even by Land Rover standards at the time. Americans love Automatics so that helps the value as well.
Lots of exotics selling for crazy money and even some American cars are the same it is just the market.
Good Luck With the Sell!
Excellent points. Maybe it will bring this kind of money. Wouldn't that be neat.

Old October 2nd, 2016, 08:59 PM
havens51
joseph
97 NAS D90 ST, 88 D110, 66 109 sold

Registry
d90

That's one sweet looking truck.
Old October 2nd, 2016, 09:15 PM
ValenciaCV
William
1978 LR Santana 88

Never understood getting fired up over pricing. Regardless, this truck has been lowered to $87k.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Classic cars and trucks from Spain to the U.S.
On Facebook:
Old October 2nd, 2016, 09:36 PM
JQ11
JQ
97 Black ST - SOLD

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValenciaCV View Post
Never understood getting fired up over pricing. Regardless, this truck has been lowered to $87k.
Lol well you've lowered the price by $28k - the amount this 90 was worth 4 years ago. Gone up for sure since then but just ironic - GLWS list it elsewhere and you should be fine.
Old October 3rd, 2016, 06:33 AM
DrZ123
Zach
None

I love it how Crown14 makes some perfectly valid points, gets sh*t on, and then turns out to be 100% right and all the people doing the bashing disappear!

Yes, it's a beautiful example of an original NAS 90. But that doesn't change the fact that it's a 20 year old truck.

You can pay $115k for a fully modernized one with all the bells and whistles.

I think the new asking price with a 25% price cut seems more in line with the market and proves some of the posts here regarding the price point!
Old October 3rd, 2016, 10:27 AM
ValenciaCV
William
1978 LR Santana 88

Thank you both.

In the interest of full disclosure, I want to reiterate that Valencia Classic Vehicles is in no way tied into this transaction. I am personally advertising this truck on behalf of a relative. It is a private party sale, and the pricing has been driven from the vehicle's owner. I apologize for any confusion caused by advertising this truck with Valencia Classic Vehicles' account. Thanks all for the opinions and discussion.

I see similar debates over in the Datsun world around the 240z (S30) and 510 (1600) vehicles as prices tend to rise. For some of the guys in those communities, I think (personal opinion) some of the angst comes with concern that we might be getting priced out of our long-time passion. Some of those guys have been buying, selling, driving, and racing Datsuns since the 1970's. Vehicle prices climb, and parts then follow suit. For Datsun's especially, lots of these parts have been NLA for a long time. Small plastic bits can run into the hundreds of dollars. Whether this gentrification argument holds any water is up for debate. That said, I have some pretty strong opinions about the value of Defenders I'll be happy to discuss off-line over a beer if anyone is interested, but suffice to say that the long time production runs of the Defender should allay any of the aforementioned Datsun-related fears.

Thanks again. And I'm serious about the beer. Drop me a note. Northern VA.

Cheers!
Bill

On Facebook:
Old October 3rd, 2016, 01:07 PM
roverguy2
Brian Morton
1991 Defender 110 "Blanca"

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZ123 View Post
I love it how Crown14 makes some perfectly valid points, gets sh*t on, and then turns out to be 100% right and all the people doing the bashing disappear!

Yes, it's a beautiful example of an original NAS 90. But that doesn't change the fact that it's a 20 year old truck.

I think the new asking price with a 25% price cut seems more in line with the market and proves some of the posts here regarding the price point!
NAS 110's sell for that kind of money all the time. As I pointed out if someone wants to buy the truck for that kind of money more power too them. Would I buy that truck for that money probably not, but as Bill has pointed out many brands of cars have seen increases that pushed out long time buyers, collectors and fans. Many other sellers of Land Rover (and other brands) on Ebay, Craigslist and dealerships all have tried to sell vehicles at very inflated prices and a few have found a buyer and many have not and have either lowered the price or held on the vehicles longer, that is a free market. Again good luck to the seller and the sale!
Old October 12th, 2016, 08:10 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZ123 View Post

I like the new price a lot better too, it's almost low enough to buy as is, take care for the signs of aging, and turn around for resale at the original price.
Old November 7th, 2016, 02:16 PM
ValenciaCV
William
1978 LR Santana 88

Good Afternoon all. Owner has dropped the asking price to $80,000. Thank you.

On Facebook:
Old November 26th, 2016, 12:16 PM
terror
Drew
97 D90 ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValenciaCV View Post
Good Afternoon all. Owner has dropped the asking price to $80,000. Thank you.
i see ads on craigslist for this rig with TWO different prices; $80k and $78k. with these price adjustments i think it'll sell soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1997, 90, 97, defender, defender 90, land rover, land rover defender, nas