Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old October 30th, 2009, 08:40 AM
xrover
Len Cater
1997 D90

1997 Nas D90 #482 $24,500 C$

1997 NAS D90 For Sale #482 asking $24,500 C$

1997 NAS Defender 90 Alpine White Station Wagon #482 - 104k miles - Original U.S. North American Spec Defender, highly sought after. Legally imported into Canada and can be exported back to the U.S.
Standard equipment includes:
Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, AM/FM stereo, CD player, Intermittent wipers, Block heater, Power steering, Rear defroster, Roll Bar, Tow package. 4.0L Gas V8, automatic transmission and permanent 4wd with Hi-Lo transfer case, and centre diff-lock. - Air conditioning blows cold. The frame and bulkhead are solid.
Additional equipment includes:
New Exmoor heated leather front seats, and 2 rear jump seats. Centre console, mud tunnel dash console, discovery cup holders (don't laugh they work great!) ARB winch bumper with legendary Warn 8274 winch, and synthetic line. Dual Optima blue top batteries with isolator, and control switch in cab. Recently installed Goodyear G90 mud terrain tires on stock Defender alloy rims. Rear lockable Tuffy storage bins with speakers. Rock sliders. Stainless steel bolts. Front Diff guard. New door hinges. Vent top air scoop. I am including as well my homemade storage box. When installed (it drops in place), you can not use the jump seats, but it does add some nice hidden storage from prying eyes. As well keeps tool boxes, hi lifts, etc from flying around when off-roading.
Recent Maintenance Items (in last 12 months)
New oil cooler lines for sump and transmission. New radiator and head gasket. New spark plug wires. New wheel bearings all around (rears just done). New water pump (the old one is included, as it was starting to make some minor noise). New swivel ball in front left.
Problem areas:
1) Rear door showing signs of oxidation (see photos). I am including a brand new Rovers North door ($548 value) with the vehicle. You can choose to replace the door with the new one, or repair the existing door and sell the new one. I also have new hinges and new stainless which have not yet been installed.
2) The warn winch is an older 8274 which those of you who know your winches, is regarded as a benchmark for many other vehicle winches. The free spool knob is stuck and therefore it will not free spool until you open it up and work it lose (it is a pin that goes through a bushing and is well known to get stuck). I never bothered to do it because the line speed is faster than I walk and with a dual battery set up it had the power.
3). There are small areas of surface rust showing on the exterior where the aluminum meets steel. I have been cleaning them up with very fine steel wool. If I were keeping the truck, I would eventually repaint and do the rear door at the same time.

She is a great truck. She runs very well and it is a very attractive price. I will drive 4 hours from Toronto area to meet up. I will NOT deliver across the border. This is an original US Spec vehicle, so import it properly. If paying in US funds, I want to get $24,500 CDN so check an online currency exchange place like http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic?free=1
Right now it is showing $22,782US.

Photos at:
http://gallery.me.com/lcater#100184 - I feel these show it's good and bad spots.

Thanks for looking. The truck is also posted on ebaymotors and some local boards in Canada.
Len
(647) 984-4557
lcater@mac.com
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 30th, 2009, 01:07 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrover

Original U.S. North American Spec Defender, highly sought after.
didn't we go over this already?
Old October 30th, 2009, 01:33 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsD90
didn't we go over this already?
Haha. Give him a break. It says highly sought after, not rare or only #,### produced.

Good luck with the sale, Len. What is the cut-out in the rear of your fabricated storage for, eh? Just curious.

http://gallery.me.com/lcater#100184/...&bgcolor=black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 30th, 2009, 03:19 PM
xrover
Len Cater
1997 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho
Haha. Give him a break. It says highly sought after, not rare or only #,### produced.

Good luck with the sale, Len. What is the cut-out in the rear of your fabricated storage for, eh? Just curious.

http://gallery.me.com/lcater#100184/...&bgcolor=black
Nato gas can. But the storage bin is not a work of art. Basic plywood, painted, aluminum corners for strength and carpet on top. Served it's purpose of hiding my briefcase when parking in public. I built the height to fit my pelican cases so they can slide in and out of the way.

As for the highly sought after, that's what happens when you cut and paste from another site. My bad!
Maybe I can edit it out before Chapman sees it. He hates Canada and me.

Len + Canada + Highly Sought After = the perfect trifecta!
Old October 30th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Len

Sorry to hear you are getting selling your truck. Hopefully there is another Land Rover in the pipeline or already in your stable and we will keep seeing you at OVLR events!

Cheers
Dave
Old October 30th, 2009, 08:27 PM
xrover
Len Cater
1997 D90

There's always one in the stable Dave.
Hopefully see you at OVLR next year.
Len
Old November 3rd, 2009, 09:15 AM
xrover
Len Cater
1997 D90

Sold!

Going to live a rust free life in Arizona.
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:39 AM
mountainviewrover
MARK LECLAIR
95 Range Rover Classic

Registry
how did you do? pm me if you don't want to share.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1997, 90, 97, d90, nas