1997 Land Rover Defender 90 with 19k. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old August 25th, 2014, 04:40 PM
utahdefender
Status: Offline
Nate
none
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Logan, Utah USA
Posts: 22
1997 Land Rover Defender 90 with 19k.

Selling a 97 land Rover D90 with 19,389 miles and a clean carfax this is fully restored with no noticeable flaws anywhere. Garage kept in a climate controlled airplane hanger located in Logan, Utah. Willing to sell for quite a bit less than my asking price on Ebay to a forum member since I feel I have learned vast amounts of knowledge for free from the members here. Clean title in hand, this D90 needs nothing. I know I will probably get some backlash for my asking price but based off of what I see online some are priced higher with more miles and not near as good of condition. This is a turn key defender and will drive anywhere. Listing this for a good friend of mine who doesn't have the time or know how to sell this. His wife drives this on the weekends in town. Listed on Ebay for $69950 willing to sell on this forum for $59900 if its a clean deal. I also own an auto dealership in Utah so Im able to help arrange transport nationwide thru local companies. Not looking for any trades, I have a 86 D90 and an 84 110 and a 97 D90 Nas I will be selling right after.

------ Follow up post added August 25th, 2014 02:40 PM ------

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151392747710...710%26_rdc%3D1
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old August 25th, 2014, 05:23 PM
d90boy's Avatar
d90boy
Status: Offline
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,228
Registry
i would love to hear about the NAS defender 90 when that is up for sale. thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old August 26th, 2014, 12:29 AM
Chip's Avatar
Chip
Status: Offline
Andrew
1994 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,485
According to this thread on DiscoWeb, this D90 is a Japan truck with a build date of September 8, 1997, so it is not legal in the USA. It also had 49,000 km (30k miles) in 2009 and had an asking price of $9,800.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old August 26th, 2014, 12:50 AM
the rover shop
Status: Offline
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: ft lauderdale florida
Posts: 5,225
I believe Japanese trucks were USA compliant..??.. Lots of Japanese 90's here..I've converted quite a few.. Differences In the turn signals from memory..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old August 26th, 2014, 12:56 AM
utahdefender
Status: Offline
Nate
none
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Logan, Utah USA
Posts: 22
carfax report shows it was imported from japan. I have never been told it is illegal to own in the united states. I have a clean carfax with odometer verified as well as a title and a legally registered and licensed vehicle in the state of utah. If it was for sale 5 years ago for $9800 someone got a great deal.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old August 26th, 2014, 01:10 AM
Chip's Avatar
Chip
Status: Offline
Andrew
1994 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,485
I didn't mean to down your thread. My apologies. But just because someone got it through customs doesn't mean it's legal. I just posted what I found. It needs verification of course. It would just be a real shame if someone paid good money for this truck only to see the Feds take it away.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old August 26th, 2014, 01:25 AM
utahdefender
Status: Offline
Nate
none
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Logan, Utah USA
Posts: 22
No offense taken Chip....just want to make sure everyone here on this forum knows im not trying to do anything shady or misrepresent. Ill check with the owner and see what other documents he has. I know for sure how long he has it and who he got it from so it should be easy.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old August 26th, 2014, 05:56 AM
phoenix37's Avatar
phoenix37
Status: Online
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Venice, CA/Yarmouth,ME
Posts: 5,783
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
According to this thread on DiscoWeb, this D90 is a Japan truck with a build date of September 8, 1997, so it is not legal in the USA. It also had 49,000 km (30k miles) in 2009 and had an asking price of $9,800.
Easy there Chip… Might want to educate yourself before you claim someone else's truck is illegal. Little more info about Japanese trucks on here.


http://www.eastcoastrover.com/INFOD90.html
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old August 26th, 2014, 06:18 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
I've posted the legal VIN range for 1997 Japanese and Dubai trucks on this forum quite a few times.
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old August 26th, 2014, 06:35 AM
NPT90's Avatar
NPT90
Status: Offline
JT
D90 óriginalé
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: DC/MD
Posts: 2,772
Registry
I'd be more concerned with the odometer reading based on chips comment
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old August 26th, 2014, 10:14 AM
jkeras
Status: Offline
Jay Keras
None
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Memphis
Posts: 6
Looking for a green 1997 Defender Wagon if anyone has one they are wanting to sell
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old August 26th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Daddymow's Avatar
Daddymow
Status: Offline
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stuart, FL / Boone, NC
Posts: 3,969
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeras View Post
Looking for a green 1997 Defender Wagon if anyone has one they are wanting to sell
The one this guy is selling is orange.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old August 26th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Cajun
Status: Offline
G
1987 110
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 293
And blue on the inside
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old August 26th, 2014, 11:28 AM
NPT90's Avatar
NPT90
Status: Offline
JT
D90 óriginalé
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: DC/MD
Posts: 2,772
Registry
GLws
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old August 26th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Chip's Avatar
Chip
Status: Offline
Andrew
1994 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix37 View Post
Easy there Chip… Might want to educate yourself before you claim someone else's truck is illegal. Little more info about Japanese trucks on here.


http://www.eastcoastrover.com/INFOD90.html
My apologies for the accusation, but according to ECR on this thread, Japan trucks that are eligible for import must have a build date of before Sept. 1, 1997, and according to the thread on DiscoWeb, this truck exceeds that by 8 days and due to that, the person on that thread couldn't import it. So the truck was either found to actually have an earlier build date or someone falsified information to get it through customs.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old August 26th, 2014, 12:06 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
If you look here:

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=48981

you'll see that I list the epa info:

If you search Japanese VIN range on here this comes up.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...nese+vin+range

which includes this

http://www.epa.gov/EPA-IMPACT/2006/S...y-26/i8260.htm

which is the EPA document I just told you to look for - List of Nonconforming Vehicles Decided to be Eligible for Importation. It tells you:

Land Rover.................... 432 ...... ...... Defender 90 ................. 1997
(manufactured before
9/1/97) VIN
``SALDV224*VA'' or
``SALDV324*VA''.


So for example this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151392747710...1#ht_63wt_1153

VIN SALDV3240VA128219

falls under SALDV324*VA and therefore is potentially importable depending on the date of manufacture.

Also a pic of what it used to look like before it turned orange
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	97 D90 SALDV3240VA128219.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	101633  
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old August 26th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Chip's Avatar
Chip
Status: Offline
Andrew
1994 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtomchik View Post
I'd be more concerned with the odometer reading based on chips comment
Yeah the 19k must just be the mileage since the speedometer was replaced when it was imported. I wonder if someone could obtain a Japanese vehicle history report to find it's mileage before it was exported.

------ Follow up post added August 26th, 2014 09:17 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post

VIN SALDV3240VA128219

falls under SALDV324*VA and therefore is potentially importable depending on the date of manufacture.

Also a pic of what it used to look like before it turned orange
So then it would be prudent for a potential buyer to order a Dating Letter.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old August 26th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Chip's Avatar
Chip
Status: Offline
Andrew
1994 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,485
I prefer the blue color myself. I think I'd paint it back so it matches the interior.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old August 26th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Chip's Avatar
Chip
Status: Offline
Andrew
1994 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,485
To check the mileage, this might be a start, if you can read Japanese...

http://www.aftc.or.jp/am/meter/index.html

From the Japan Auto Appraisal Institute site.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old August 26th, 2014, 09:05 PM
chuckc4
Status: Offline
chuck b
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by utahdefender View Post
Selling a 97 land Rover D90 with 19,389 miles and a clean carfax this is fully restored with no noticeable flaws anywhere. Garage kept in a climate controlled airplane hanger located in Logan, Utah. Willing to sell for quite a bit less than my asking price on Ebay to a forum member since I feel I have learned vast amounts of knowledge for free from the members here. Clean title in hand, this D90 needs nothing. I know I will probably get some backlash for my asking price but based off of what I see online some are priced higher with more miles and not near as good of condition. This is a turn key defender and will drive anywhere. Listing this for a good friend of mine who doesn't have the time or know how to sell this. His wife drives this on the weekends in town. Listed on Ebay for $69950 willing to sell on this forum for $59900 if its a clean deal. I also own an auto dealership in Utah so Im able to help arrange transport nationwide thru local companies. Not looking for any trades, I have a 86 D90 and an 84 110 and a 97 D90 Nas I will be selling right after.

------ Follow up post added August 25th, 2014 02:40 PM ------

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151392747710...710%26_rdc%3D1
More importantly than the legality of the Defender: Is she Hawt?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1997, 90, 97, defender, defender 90, land rover, land rover defender

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
95 AA Yellow D90 for 19k phoenix37 The Flea Market 8 October 16th, 2009 09:40 PM
94 D90 $19k bitz The Flea Market 0 July 9th, 2009 09:14 AM
1994 D-90 for sale: 82k miles $19k MiniGuy For Sale - Vehicles 2 January 20th, 2006 10:43 PM
94 D-90, soft top AND hard top $19k evilfij For Sale - Vehicles 11 September 26th, 2004 06:15 PM
94 D-90 in OK $19K peted90 For Sale - Vehicles 3 September 14th, 2004 05:14 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.


Copyright