Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Closed Thread

Old February 1st, 2008, 12:42 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

As much as I appreciate being in the good company of Copley and Park City its a little hard for me to understand. The last 90 I sold had 33K miles and a known history, a few more bumps for sure and not apples to apples, but I had a hard time getting 24K for it. More value on 90s is fine with me (I have mine), and I'm obvously not a good judge of the market because I can't get these prices unless it has a new 4.6, galv frame, etc etc etc and even then I would struggle for a 90.
Funny how times change so fast. Not too long ago the gent who bought ECR4 for far less than this was ridiculed. I guess I'll try and see this price as a good thing like most of you do, eventhough as a hobbyist myself I reject it. Personally I think a 65K 90 is easy to get to, but it would not be stock (IMO) so as much as I appreciate the good company you are lumping me in with I personally do not believe in a stock 65K 90 today knowing what I could build for that money. I guess I am behind the times.
One last thing... I personally feel that places like Barret-Jackson are what is wrong with the car hobby, not a good thing, but that is just me. Didn't they run a very nice NAS 110 through last year making 45K or something? Oh well, doesn't matter.
OK, I'm off the soap box.

Follow-up Post:

OK, 57K for that 110... I just read that post (sorry).

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 1st, 2008, 12:44 AM
parkcity4x4classic
Susan C. Daniero
D-90 Source Vendor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxx
LOL, I love how everytime Susan posts a car in the sale section, someone jumps all over her regarding the price. I'm sure she was waiting for it.

When I'm asked by some strangers what my truck is worth, I tell them that I'm not sure and then point them to Copleys and PC 4x4.

Copley and PC 4x4 need to raise prices by $5k every 6 months!

Yes, as I'm about to hit the button for it to go live I get that sinking feeling I'm taping a "kick me" sign on my back.
Authorized Dealer-TLC ICON™
Phone: (435) 731-0748
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Utah Dealer #6541
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:45 AM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
As much as I appreciate being in the good company of Copley and Park City its a little hard for me to understand. The last 90 I sold had 33K miles and a known history, a few more bumps for sure and not apples to apples, but I had a hard time getting 24K for it. More value on 90s is fine with me (I have mine), and I'm obvously not a good judge of the market because I can't get these prices unless it has a new 4.6, galv frame, etc etc etc and even then I would struggle for a 90.
Funny how times change so fast. Not too long ago the gent who bought ECR4 for far less than this was ridiculed. I guess I'll try and see this price as a good thing like most of you do, eventhough as a hobbyist myself I reject it. Personally I think a 65K 90 is easy to get to, but it would not be stock (IMO) so as much as I appreciate the good company you are lumping me in with I personally do not believe in a stock 65K 90 today knowing what I could build for that money. I guess I am behind the times.
One last thing... I personally feel that places like Barret-Jackson are what is wrong with the car hobby, not a good thing, but that is just me. Didn't they run a very nice NAS 110 through last year making 45K or something? Oh well, doesn't matter.
OK, I'm off the soap box.

Follow-up Post:

OK, 57K for that 110... I just read that post (sorry).
My lumping you in with Copley and PC4x4 was strictly me saying that ECR, like Copley and PC4x4, proves the NAS Defenders to be big money.... maybe sometimes bigger money than us hobbyists here on d-90.com would like it to be. it's the way it is though, stock or otherwise.

The continued existence of ECR, Copley and PC proves that there is clearly a good number of people out there who believe that $60-150k for a Defender is justifiable. Good for them, good for you. I'd buy one of your rigs in a heartbeat if i had the money.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
I personally do not believe in a stock 65K 90 today knowing what I could build for that money.
I forgot to mention too- that's you, you rebuild Defenders, you arn't some random dude with too much money looking for a cool car to be seen in. I think anyone that is involved with Defenders as a hobby, let alone someone who is involved with Defenders professionally, knows better than to drop $65k on a D90

Old February 1st, 2008, 10:17 AM
xmod
Jeremy/Sturgeon
97 NAS D90 ST

I'll defend my post. If the other premium places like Copley were in the same galaxy asking price as park city for this same typical 90 and same mileage today, I would have never questioned it. But park city is the one out there bucking the trend at this point in time for this vehicle. No, I don't want prices to go up this crazy, because I want to be able to buy another one, not sell mine. I will never sell my 90. And for anyone to say you can't comment on a price or a post or even what someone paid on a discussion board is crazy.

Follow-up Post:

Susan, I don't assume anything about you, so don't assume anything about me, including my buying habits at b-j.
Maybe you were there trying to buy a 110 for too much money in order to re-sell it for way too much money.
Old February 1st, 2008, 10:29 AM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

Is Park City 4X4 a consignment shop or do you own the trucks you sell outright?
Old February 1st, 2008, 11:45 AM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

The bottom line is the truck is only worth what someone pays for it.. Not what people think its worth.

Susan can you update this thread when you sell it... good luck : )
Old February 1st, 2008, 12:54 PM
xmod
Jeremy/Sturgeon
97 NAS D90 ST

What someone pays for it means nothing to me. They could ask 100K, and just because some idiot who doesn't understand the market is willing to pay for it doesn't mean that is the value. Where did you get your understanding of the market, ron???
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:01 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmod
What someone pays for it means nothing to me.
Your denial of Keynsian economics could be the basis for a fascinating thesis, we should hook you up with John Nash. Are you also interested in non-Euclidian geometry?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old February 1st, 2008, 01:01 PM
parkcity4x4classic
Susan C. Daniero
D-90 Source Vendor

Jeremy,
Ron is very knowledgeable about Land Rover Defenders. For myself, I was raised by a Dad that was a fanatic car collector. I was a top sales manager in the east for Lexus & Volkswagen for 15 Years AFTER I finished graduate school with an MBA where they taught me supply & demand. I have been to classic car shows & auctions since I was a toddler, Hershey, Carlisle, Pebble Beach, Barrett-Jackson, etc. The Defender is a rare & special vehicle. One in near mint condition that has spent it's entire life in Southern California is hard to find. We usually own our vehicles outright, but this is a consignment vehicle that the current owner will not part with unless he gets his price.
Utah Dealer #6541
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:08 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Quote:
Susan, I don't assume anything about you, so don't assume anything about me, including my buying habits at b-j.
Maybe you were there trying to buy a 110 for too much money in order to re-sell it for way too much money.
See, it's funny when you say you don't assume anything about Susan, then make suggestions about her business practices.

Quote:
What someone pays for it means nothing to me. They could ask 100K, and just because some idiot who doesn't understand the market is willing to pay for it doesn't mean that is the value. Where did you get your understanding of the market, ron???
... what people pay for defenders may mean nothing to you, but I'm pretty sure what people pay for defenders.... determines their market value..... I may be wrong though. Where did you get your understanding of the market?

Also, you havn't posted anything for 3 weeks. before that, it was another 3 weeks. Why do you feel the need to sign on here just to shit on somebody else's for sale post?
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:09 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

One car does not a market price make.
Forgetting Defenders...
A year or so ago an Amphicar (yes, I'm into those too) sold at BJ in AZ for 115K. It was a very nice car, but much like a number of others. The Amphicar is SERIOUSLY rare today and the buzz was everybody now owns huge dollar cars.
A year goes buy, a bunch of folks tried to match that price, no one came close. Now Amphicars are back to where they were before at about 60K for a truly nice one. The one flash in the pan did not set the market... the market set the market.

My dad used to tell me a joke about a guy selling a VW bug for 1M bucks. Guy asks "Are you crazy?" Seller says,"Maybe, but I only gotta sell one."

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:12 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

Thanks, Suzan. If I ever decide to sell my 110 I might give you a call. Mike
Old February 1st, 2008, 05:40 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
...Your denial of Keynsian economics could be the basis for a fascinating thesis....
LOL. Indeed! A true supply-side economic theorist would love nothing better...
Old February 1st, 2008, 11:45 PM
jimngo
Jim Ngo
1994 D90 #80

I live in Salt Lake City and I know that PC 4x4 isn't just some consignment shop or street corner car lot. They strip down and go through every D90 before it goes on the market. They don't just detail it. There is a lot of fixing, powder coating and painting that goes into the trucks that they sell. For all practical purposes they are showroom restorations. You can pay what Susan asks, or you can go through the trouble of wrenching it yourself. That's the beauty of living in America.

And yes, here in America, they are collector cars. Yeah you can by a 2007 if you lived in the U.K., but even over there they are considered expensive vehicles. The 2007 D90 with a 2.4L Tdi starts at $36K USD for a basic model and can go over $50K with the add-ons. And used ones are not much cheaper. I recently read an article that said that good used D90s start at 20,000. Pounds Sterling. That's about $40,000 USD. (http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle656317.ece)
Old February 2nd, 2008, 05:47 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Bottom line- tearing into a vendor who frequents our sand box that we all enjoy and visit regularly is wrong and counter productive. None of us come here to read this kind of post. Nothing was productive about this thread-car sales are just like real estate, stocks, pretty much everything else in life. If you have recent comparable sales to compare your item to, then that is a solid representation of that items worth. Can the market slide backwards- absolutely. If you don't like what someone is selling or asking for an item, don't buy it. Don't criticise in a public forum. As someone with a 90, two 110's and a range rover in the driveway I hope Susan is able to get the price her consigner is looking for.
This thread was dangerously close to why I don't check the discoweb site very often.

rant over- back to my hole
Old February 15th, 2008, 02:02 PM
parkcity4x4classic
Susan C. Daniero
D-90 Source Vendor

Sold

Sold to a real estate developer in Minnesota that is also an avid car collector.

We usually own the vehicles we sell, but we will consider consignment sales if a vehicle is in excellent shape & has low miles. If anybody on the forum is interested in us handling the sale of their Defender or Series Rover, please call our office or send us pictures & a full description of their vehicle via e-mail.

Thanks
Susan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	12151  
Utah Dealer #6541
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1997, 90, 97, defender 90