1997 Defender 90, low miles! - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 5th, 2016, 09:31 AM
NJDefender
Norm
None

Thanks for all the input guys! I'm meeting with the owner this morning and I will get more details about the issues that have been raised here.
Advertisement

Old May 5th, 2016, 10:05 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDefender View Post
Thanks for all the input guys! I'm meeting with the owner this morning and I will get more details about the issues that have been raised here.
Owner? Who are you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 5th, 2016, 10:19 AM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Owner? Who are you?
I second that motion - WTF, dude?
Old May 5th, 2016, 10:25 AM
roverman2010
John
1985 LR 90 200Tdi

Registry
Says in the registry, selling for a close friend?

Still looking for that place where I can carry a paddle and get asked what's that.

JnK Services
FC101 GS FFR
57 LR 88" SXF 858
85 LR90
95 D1 Tdi
05 D3 HSE
97 XK8 FHC
Old May 5th, 2016, 01:54 PM
NJDefender
Norm
None

I am helping a very close friend sell it. This type of vehicle requires a lot of time and attention to sell which, since I am retired, I can handle.

------ Follow up post added May 5th, 2016 02:02 PM ------

More info: This D90 was serviced by Land Rover of Hyannis, MA., we have the receipts. It has a clear title. It's unknown where it was before it was purchased in Boston, (Japan,...etc.). There is no rust. Some parts under the truck, like the stabilizer bar, have lost some paint just from driving around. I am working on getting more pictures.
Old May 5th, 2016, 02:04 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

inspection

If somebody shows interest and want an independent inspection please let me know I am not that far away.
Old May 6th, 2016, 02:30 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruti View Post
Post is pretty self explanatory - It's my opinion that often times some buyers, or just those asking questions on a FS with no intention of buying, place too much emphasis on rust.

Yes, I know what to look for on a truck and it's usually more than just a photo of a rear cross, door sill and foot panel. That's entire point of my post.

I hate dirtying a FS sale so apologies to the OP.
So of the seasoned guys mention things to inspire questions for the not so seasoned guys. Barry is right and it's normal to post problem area photos.
Old May 6th, 2016, 09:10 AM
signalMTB
Stephen
'97 NAS D90 / '94 RRC / '05 L322

Registry
I respect the forum guidelines and glad we have them when posting in the For Sale section. And compared to other forums I've been in, they're pretty lax here, most require a specific thread title stating model of car, mileage, price and location so that all are consistent and you don't have to open each one when perusing. Posting a 1-liner that says the mileage and it's "fine" and then throwing out a $85k price tag should get some negative feedback. Post your truck, some history, who you are, go through the GOOD the BAD, the maintenance done and needed, good shots of all problem areas, and driveway glamour. If you're too lazy to do that, you better be prepared for some feedback from those who are serious and/or experienced.
'95 RRC LWB Aspen Silver Ed. (sold)
'95 RRC LWB 25th anniv ed (RIP)
'95 RRC LWB "Rusty" (sold)

Quote:
All my life I have big love for a defender
Old May 6th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Well Signal, its not his truck. He is posting for a friend who is Mass but he lives in NJ. He seems very new to this stuff. I sense a CL ad in this trucks future.
Old May 6th, 2016, 09:30 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

The truck is on eBay right now. At this point I can't fault the poster or owner. If you don't come on forums like this, and you join to sell your truck (which is fine) you may have no idea what to look for. The average buyer of a car isn't looking at the bottom of the doors or frame of anything.

The owner may not even know this truck is a jap spec or what that means and might be shocked to find out the rear cross member had been worked on and the mileage might be inaccurate.
Old May 6th, 2016, 11:15 AM
roverguy2
Brian Morton
1991 Defender 110 "Blanca"

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
The truck is on eBay right now. At this point I can't fault the poster or owner. If you don't come on forums like this, and you join to sell your truck (which is fine) you may have no idea what to look for. The average buyer of a car isn't looking at the bottom of the doors or frame of anything.

The owner may not even know this truck is a jap spec or what that means and might be shocked to find out the rear cross member had been worked on and the mileage might be inaccurate.
This is why I love this site. Honest feedback and sometimes a little crazy talk but always get to the real story of a truck. As someone who is shopping it's nice to see the opinions and requests for extra pictures and information. I learn a lot from the group here.

OP for the asking price I would detail the engine bay as it still shows badly IMHO.

Again I hope you find the right buyer for the truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1997, 90, 97, defender, defender 90