1997 Defender 90 #535 62K Miles - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old July 10th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Frankie Carbone
Heath Hollenbeck
'97 D90 #535, '03 DiscoII

1997 Defender 90 #535 62K Miles

I had to end up giving more for the vehicle then anticipated as I got in a little bit of a bidding war. However in the end I was local and won

Vehicle ended up being spectacular in my opinion.

I am going to advertise the vehicle for sale and sale it if I get the right price. If not I will just enjoy it for awhile.

I have 30K in it. And if anyone wants it on the board I am asking 35K. I am going to advertise outside the board for $36,900. I bought it to keep or make a profit....so we will see what happens

I have tons of pictures at www.frankiecarbone.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 11th, 2007, 10:19 AM
mountainviewrover
MARK LECLAIR
95 Range Rover Classic

Registry
you want to make 5k on the members?
Old July 11th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Frankie Carbone
Heath Hollenbeck

Yeah......If I sell it.
I am just being upfront.
This is what I have in it(30K). I would sell it for the 35K.
Otherwise I just keep it and enjoy it since my wife likes it and she can drive it as it is automatic.
I dont think most people announce what they have in it.

I am basically saying if someone likes it and wants it....it would take 5K profit for me to sell it.
I will throw it on autotrader for a higher price and if someone wants it for $36,900 I will sell it to them....if not I just enjoy it until I want something different. At that point I try and sell it for what I get in it or less depending on how many miles I put on it.

I am very content with the vehicle and its in great shape and don't mind hanging onto it long term since I have the wife's by off on it

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 12th, 2007, 03:19 PM
mountainviewrover
MARK LECLAIR
95 Range Rover Classic

Registry
wow....
Old July 12th, 2007, 04:36 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

Mark we have finally come to agreement on something.
I agree with you a 100%

Heath, what you should have said is that you are asking 37 and if a member off d90 source wants it you will give them 2k off. That way sounds better then saying you want 5k for a finders fee.

Good luck with hitting a home run
Old July 12th, 2007, 04:44 PM
parantaeyagn
Won Park

Are there any women on this board? This sure looks to be on "SALE". You can SAVE $2,000!!!
Old July 12th, 2007, 04:54 PM
mountainviewrover
MARK LECLAIR
95 Range Rover Classic

Registry
How' It Going Martin. Saw Your Black D90 For Sale A While Back. Just Picked Up A Gem. 97 D90 St With 55k Miles. West Coast Truck Extremely Nice. On Sale For Only 42k But To You Only 40k Since Your A D90 Source Member.....just Kidding, It's A Keeper.

Sorry For The Highjack
Old July 12th, 2007, 06:21 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

Mark - black defender changed three hands after my ownership.

I am not starting a flame. Its that when you write what profit you want to make your opening up for negotiation, especially when most members know the story of how the truck was bought.
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Frankie Carbone
Heath Hollenbeck

"Heath, what you should have said is that you are asking 37 and if a member off d90 source wants it you will give them 2k off. That way sounds better then saying you want 5k for a finders fee."

Yes I guess your right. I guess it is better to deceive then just say the truth. Like I said all along, I don't really want to sell it that bad.....so if someone wanted to give me a 5K finders fee I would sell it. If not I will keep it and be glad its nice quality.

I was just trying to be upfront.....guess thats no good these days.

Follow-up Post:

Since the thread is hijacked anyway.

I am curious Mark..all the vehicles you have had for sell on the D90 board........were you trying to sell them to make some profit?
Old July 12th, 2007, 09:30 PM
mountainviewrover
MARK LECLAIR
95 Range Rover Classic

Registry
never sold one on this board. why are you asking? trying to take the spot light of the $5,000 profit you want to make. never going to happen here. these guys are way too smart for that. good luck. i hear ebay calling.
Old July 12th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Shake
Bob Hanson AKA Two-Socks
Red 94 D-90 #428

Hehe I think you paid $3K too much.
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Frankie Carbone
Heath Hollenbeck

Mark...

All I was asking was the 01 Disco and the 94 Soft top you advertised on this board if you had hoped to make a profit or if you sold them for the same amount you had in them since it was the to the D-90 board members? I am truly curious. I figured when people advertised on here they were hoping to make some cash or they would just hold onto their rig. Unless of course the post says "Wife says D-90 must Go"

Like I said before.....I like the vehicle. I wouldnt have bought it if I didnt. But what I was saying on the post was if someone liked it enough I would sell it for 35K to them. If I can't make 5K, then I like it to much and dont want to sell it. I will also advertise on autotrader for $36,900....if no one wants to pay me that much I will keep it. There is a very good chance no one will want it.

As far as moving the spotlight. I wasnt trying to move the spotlight....if that was the case I would not have claimed what I had in it in the first place...i would have just said 37K and for board members I would sell for 35k. Since I told you what I paid and the profit I want to sell it you make a big deal about floating the idea of selling it.

As far as people on the board being to smart for me to shift the spotlight....I know this is the place to get info and the place people don't over pay. I know the board members are smart and great. Many have helped me with Series and Defender problems. There is tons of good info here. I also know that if someone here really wanted a '97 like mine they would buy the green one in San Fran for $34,500 cause that is a steal in my opinon. It was just to far away for me.
But their isnt many of these in the midwest where I am at, pendy probably has built half the population out here, and perhaps someone would like my white one so I posted it.
Maybe I way overpaid as Shake said. Its what I paid and then I stated how much I would have to have to part with the truck. I apologize Mark if I offended ya by stating what it would take for me to sell it. I think your a nice guy and am truly sorry if I pissed ya off by stating the profit it would take to sell the car.

l8tr
Old July 15th, 2007, 11:16 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Heath- Honesty IS the best policy, but the buyer- especially here- wants to feel he got a 'deal', and feel he is smarter than you, hence finding the truck without you getting involved, and not having to pay 'profit'. Ironicly, the deals are the ones NOT posted here, but uncovered in obscure places, which takes much more time and effort, not to mention phyically getting the truck home, etc. Nice find, and I understand where you are coming from, however, the main stream finds their truck, and hangs on to it til of course "the wife says.....", instead of trading on a regular basis. Neither is right or wrong- just different. End of 2-cents. Dale

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1997, 90, 97, defender 90