Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old January 10th, 2010, 10:16 PM
amasaback
Musgrave

1997 D90 Yellow For Sale

1997 Land Rover Defender 90 Soft Top, AA Yellow

$34,000, Just under 48K miles

Overall -

Over all it is in great condition and a fine example of this vehicle. I have owned it since late winter of 2005. It was garage kept the entire time I have had it. Has no rust, runs great, shifts great. Paint has good shine. No body repairs or repaints. Interior is in great shape including seat. It passes the safety and emissions inspection without any issues.

I think I am the 2nd owner. I bought it from an individual in the Palm Springs, CA area but I think he kept it titled and registered in Seattle.

Overall this a great Land Rover D-90.

The highlights:

Air Conditioning - Works Great.

Shrockworks Tire Carrier - I have upgraded the rear tire carrier to the very robust Shrockworks carrier. Jim Shrock at his Houston workshop installed it. This is much better than the original tire carrier because it does not put any load on the rear door. I upgraded to the fuel can carriers, Highlift Jack mounts and added a post through the wheel to attach Yakima Treadhead accessories or any custom accessories. I still have the bits for the old tire carrier if one wanted to restore it to stock.

CB radio - Is wired for and includes a Cobra CB radio integrated into the microphone. Needs a new antenna.

Rear ARB lockers. Rear Differential has an ARB differential locker on the rear with the air compressor under the passenger seat and the controls on the dash.

3 Tops and a Drop Curtain Has the original top, a Surrey top lightly used, a Bikini Top, also lightly used, and a Drop Curtain that is unused.

The less than perfect:

I will try to be very inclusive of everything I can think of on this vehicle that are less than perfect. I have added pictures of that to help.

Soft Top has a small ~1.5 long tear along a seam near the left rear, near the door as shown in the pictures. The soft top has shrunk (as all the originals do) and it has caused the seal between the soft top and the doors to not match up well. It has been this way for years and I think it is done shrinking. The top has many more years in it, but would not survive too many removals and installs. There is an eraser size drop of house paint that was on the car when I bought it and I have never tried to remove if because I was uncertain of the best approach.

Taillight area. The vehicle had tail light protectors on it. I removed them to fit the Shrockworks rear tire rack and noticed that there was some sheet metal deformation and a chip of paint around the one of the holes near the right rear taillight. I have the covers and they could be re-installed with some modification or cutting to hide the defect.

Brush Guard. I added the front brush guard a couple of years ago. It was one I had from an older vehicle, which was already showing some rust (pictured).

Drips. It does drip a very small amount of oil. Not a lot and in fact less than the amount my brand new one did in 1997 when I brought it home from the dealer, but it is worth noting. I am uncertain of the source, but it is from the back or the engine.

Radio. The radio is not original is testy. The buttons are getting harder to push and the display comes, goes or shows up lighter than normal.

Other things worth noting:

Has 4 Oil filters and cooper rings bought from Atlantic British.

Has Land Rover Recovery kit that includes tow rope and some tools.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D90 (6 of 48).jpg
Views:	294
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	24246   Click image for larger version

Name:	D90 (9 of 48).jpg
Views:	258
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	24247  

Name:	D90 (24 of 48).jpg
Views:	276
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	24248   Click image for larger version

Name:	D90 (35 of 48).jpg
Views:	279
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	24249  

Name:	D90 (37 of 48).jpg
Views:	281
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	24250   Click image for larger version

Name:	D90 (45 of 48).jpg
Views:	270
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	24251  

Name:	D90 (44 of 48).jpg
Views:	296
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	24252   Click image for larger version

Name:	Closeups (9 of 11).jpg
Views:	268
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	24253  

Name:	D90 (2 of 48).jpg
Views:	261
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	24255  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2010, 11:10 PM
amasaback
Musgrave

I have posted a website with a bunch more pictures. I also realized that I think that I am actually the 3rd owner of this vehicle, not the 2nd as I mentioned above. More images at www.yellowdefenderforsale.com. Thanks, Ken

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1997, 1997 d90, 90, 97, 97 d90, d90