Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old April 24th, 2011, 07:44 PM
kolvedic
Bill Lewis
1995 White SW 339/500

Registry
1995 SW Alpine White For sale

It's time to sell and move on to another kind of truck. I bought this truck(339 of 500) 5 years ago with 84k miles on it. It currently has 115,980 and is still running strong. I have never had any major issues and it comes with numerous spares including some unobtainium pieces. It has been gone over every few years at JC Rovers in Denver, CO in preparation for long trips and I always get complements on the truck.

The only modifications done to this truck is an OME suspension and swapped tires for some GY duratrac's for a bit better ride on the road. I replaced the fuel pump just out of paranoia and while in there POR-15 the cradle and supports. I replaced the skid plate with an aluminum one. I have also removed the oil lines but have the plate and all new lines in the spares kit. I recently replaced the door hinges with the non-corrosive RN kit and the upper speedo cable. The tires are new (<500 miles) and the brakes and rotors are new(<300 miles). It has a new alpine stereo with CD player and bluetooth.

It has only been off road a few times to get to campsites over minor terrain. I have driven it across the country several times on trips of around 3-4k miles without problems.

Spares include body cappings, capping gaskets, hoses of all kinds, radiator, original springs and lots of other stuff. For now, the spares go with the truck. I want the next owner to have stuff they might need.

Bad(?):
1) It has a few small dents on the drivers door and the hood.
2) two small cracks in the windscreen
3) I removed the headliners and stripped them of their cloth in preparation for replacing the body capping.
4) I Have repaired the body capping of minor rust a few times next to the passenger door. There is a pic of it in the album. Nothing major but it bugs me. I Have the cappings and gaskets in spares but just do not have the time to pop the top, paint or galvanize and replace. all in all, I like the truck without the drooping headliner.
5) I think the cross seals need to be replaced. Again I have the spares but have not done it yet.

I think it is a great specimen of a Defender 90 that is 16 years old. I am offering it here before anywhere else and will entertain offers from members.

Asking: 22K obo for D90 members. The title is in hand and ready to go.

Pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/1123686...eat=directlink

Oh it has a full factory roof rack that is not show in the pictures since I can't get it in the garage with the rack on.

thanks for considering it,
Bill Lewis
PM me or send email to kolvedic AT gmail.com
Advertisement

Old April 24th, 2011, 09:59 PM
xplorUtah
Andrew P
1960 SII

Registry
Thumbs up

Emailed to a buddy looking for one.
Old April 26th, 2011, 08:51 PM
kolvedic
Bill Lewis
1995 White SW 339/500

Registry
I am going to close this sale. My wife out smarted me(as usual) and found a way for me to keep the truck. I am contacting those interested individually.

thanks everyone,
Bill

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1995, 95, alpine white, sw for sale