Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old December 21st, 2015, 09:06 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
1995 Range Rover Classic LWB

Ultra clean, restored 1995 Classic LWB by Congleton Service.

No...it's not inexpensive, but amazing vehicles rarely are.

Land Rover Range Rover County LWB Sport Utility 4 Door | eBay

Price: $32,999 - OBRO
Save the banter Yes, these trucks do sell for this much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 21st, 2015, 09:14 AM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

Miles?
Old December 21st, 2015, 09:16 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Congleton Service

Hello!

Thank you for considering this Range Rover Classic. My facility in Milton, Vermont repairs, restores and fabricates Land Rover vehicles. We are happy to announce the availability of this vehicle for the holiday season.

I bought this car for restoration out of California to avoid the corrosion issues that have really wreaked havoc on models residing on the east coast. I have only been sourcing low ambient humidity cars– this is a good example of such. The previous owner and his son had meticulously maintained this vehicle and have provided me with extensive paperwork that I will pass on to you. I bought the vehicle about six months ago and had it shipped back to Vermont for restoration. I knew as soon as the transporter showed up, that I had made a good purchase– no corrosion on the floors (outside or inside), straight bodywork, and a well-kept interior.

The first move after the initial road test and inspection, was the transmission replacement that she desperately needed. The transmission had been slipping pretty badly, according to the previous owner, so I installed one of our own rebuilt units. The transmissions my company offers are all dyne tested, genuine Land Rover unites, with genuine internals and are complete with brand new kickdown cables. During the transmission service we resealed the Y-pipe and installed a NRP rear exhaust. While the transmission was out, I also changed the rear main seal. We also put AMSOIL in the Borg Warner transfer box, just to keep it happy.

After the transmission service, I went through the engine service history to see what had been done, aside from the heads (which looked to be very new and showed in the history to have been recently replaced). I’m led to believe that the owner absorbed the cost of the head gasket service, but lost interest when the transmission blew shortly thereafter.

The engine was then completely dismantled and properly serviced. I cleaned the block, changed the oil cooler lines, and cleaned all the mating surfaces of the block. The service was completed with a new front cover and sump gasket. I then allowed them 24 hours to cure– a practice that has proven itself to help protect against future leaks. I installed new plugs and genuine wires, reset the timing a bit more advanced and put new coolant, oil and automatic transmission fluid in her.

All lights come out, front skirt and bumper, rear skirt and bumper, side sills, light clusters, rear lift gate, etc. To paint any vehicle properly, it needs to be fully stripped. The two-stage Epsom Green paint was done professionally by our satellite shop. After paintwork, we allow it to harden for a few days before bringing the vehicle back to our main facility. We are very proud of this paint job. The photographs are very impressive, but we still believe they don’t do enough justice. The vehicle is then waxoyled in all cavities for light housings, rear louvres, etc. Satisfied the vehicle will be protected for years to come.

For the interior, no detail was spared. A new headliner, nicer (used) rear seats, and front seats reupholstered in new leather ($2800) were installed. The doors were each individually restored from the door cards to the linkages within. All moving parts have been lubricated. At this time I also stripped the interior carpeting out and sent it away to be professionally shampooed. I also installed a new transition strip from the rear loadspace to the lower tailgate. These are usually torn on most 1995 Classics. It was great to see no corrosion on the floors, showing that the truck really had led a moisture free life. After the floors were painted I installed a close cell membrane on the floors under the carpet (the factory membrane is open cell and traps water, encouraging corrosion). Once the floors were set, I rebuilt the interior, fixing and replacing any defects in the trim with parts from my donor cars. Generally, it takes four Rovers to make one Rover ready for a sale of this type.

In addition, we’ve installed new front flaps, hella lights, painted the grille, installed a coolant overflow tank, HID ballasted xenon lights, new fuel pump, new alarm ECU, performance engine ECU (of my own design), replaced the steering wheel, installed new air filters, new coolant hoses, new water pump, new painted wheels with new Michelin tires for a superior ride, and a Roverville unit for the radio. I have also replaced the fuel overflow line to the tank as they have been cracking lately on all the rigs we’ve been seeing lately. To get squared away on the underbody, I replaced the sway bar bushings and links, installed a Terrafirma steering damper, and four new Bilstein shocks.

After the restoration, the car was put through a two week trial period, in which I used it as a daily driver to get to and from work. Of course, I only drover her on dry days, garaging the car at night. During this trial period I began to punch the little things out in order to ensure a perfect driving experience. The car is nothing like it was when we picked her up six months ago. We now have a beautiful vehicle with a strong engine and a smooth shifting transmission.

The restoration turned out really well and, given the fact that I’m already paying to store three of my own ’95 Classics, I thought it might make a good Christmas surprise for someone! We, of course, are happy to answer any questions, and can provide lots of additional photographs by request. My facility is Land Rovers only, and we have been professionally restoring and rehabilitating Rovers for the past decade. For the first years of my career, I ran the shop at Rovers North USA. To say I’m familiar with the Range Rover Classic platform is an understatement! Don’t hesitate to ask questions, I’m here to answer them.

I’d like her to go to a good home,where someone will keep her indoors, out of the salt, and enjoy her for another 20 years. I will consider REASONABLE offers, but please try to be serious. This was a very significant investment for us to build! We will facilitate shipping to your location and can work out any additional accessories you’d like to add to the truck. Unpainted, original factory wheels are available at an extra charge.

Taylor Congleton
(802) 579-2461

^The ad.

165,XXX Miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 21st, 2015, 09:24 AM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
sweet baby jesus.... did you shoot all those ad pics?

They're really good.

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old December 21st, 2015, 09:32 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Haha yes Jeff...with the exception of the last 3 photos of parts removed.
Old December 21st, 2015, 09:44 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
These are of course super minor nags, but for this coin no details should be overlooked. Missing liftgate "lift" tabs, rear cargo net elastic shot, tatty parcel tray, bellhousing missing the small inspection hole cover, swivel housings not rebuilt, no EAS system, non original wheels, door seal rubbers torn.

This jacks the value on mine like twofold!

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old December 21st, 2015, 09:48 AM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
ha ha - are those last 3 Taylor pics?

seriously, those kind of pics can sell a car-- that second picture, of the front turn indicator, just looks surreal...

you guys must've buffed and dusted it for an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
These are of course super minor nags, but for this coin no details should be overlooked. Missing liftgate "lift" tabs....
I have some leftovers.... but they're NFS!

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old December 21st, 2015, 09:49 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
These are of course super minor nags, but for this coin no details should be overlooked. Missing liftgate "lift" tabs, rear cargo net elastic shot, tatty parcel tray, bellhousing missing the small inspection hole cover, swivel housings not rebuilt, no EAS system, non original wheels, door seal rubbers torn.
Aye! Not in a FS ad

------ Follow up post added December 21st, 2015 09:50 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
ha ha - are those last 3 Taylor pics?

seriously, those kind of pics can sell a car-- that second picture, of the front turn indicator, just looks surreal...

you guys must've buffed and dusted it for an hour.

Probably!

Thanks, but I don't clean
Old December 21st, 2015, 10:03 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
32K better have a new heater core and the seat ecu batteries need to be replaced . Nice truck BTW, good to see these gathering some attention.
Old January 4th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Sold....thank you!
Old January 4th, 2016, 01:31 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
Sold....thank you!
congrats zack

Old January 4th, 2016, 03:42 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Wow! New bar!

Congrats!
Old January 4th, 2016, 04:07 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Will this be at Winter Romp?
Old January 4th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Will this be at Winter Romp?
ha ha ha
Old March 14th, 2016, 02:44 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
Back Up...

1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
1995 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Old May 9th, 2016, 10:40 AM
WaltNYC
Walt
1997 Discovery SE

back again....more details now...
Old May 9th, 2016, 10:49 AM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
wow that is not flattering...
Old May 9th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Not flattering indeed... certainly didn't all of those issues when I was in it, but it is still a very nice example of a 21 year old, 165k vehicle.
Old May 9th, 2016, 11:19 AM
Contractor
Will
1969 IIA

Ouch, that is not a restored vehicle.

It would be interesting to hear the defenses side of the story.
Old May 9th, 2016, 11:20 AM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
those door jambs are pretty awful...id expect that from a maaco paint job not one fitting Congletons reputation.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1995, 95, classic, lwb, range rover