1995 Range Rover Classic For Sale - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old September 26th, 2009, 08:53 PM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

Phillip:
The rust is primarily surface under the truck on the chassis as the truck spent most of its life in NC and SC. There are two small holes on the one of the inner fenders of the rear door. There is some surface rust on the firewall.

I will have to go back to look at the receipts for the cam. That work was done by a Rover specialty shop in Charleston, SC

This truck sat with Dale for three months over in Charlotte before coming to me.

The truck is at the Land Rover Dealership which is a little ways away from me. I'll be there on Monday and take some pics for you (if the truck is still around by then I am getting a ton of inquiries)

I have receipts for all the work (i.e: everything was documented).

As I stated, I purchased this for me, but then found the 89.

Thanks
Dendy
nashvillerover@comcast.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 26th, 2009, 10:41 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleRover
Phillip:
The rust is primarily surface under the truck on the chassis as the truck spent most of its life in NC and SC. There are two small holes on the one of the inner fenders of the rear door. There is some surface rust on the firewall.

I will have to go back to look at the receipts for the cam. That work was done by a Rover specialty shop in Charleston, SC

This truck sat with Dale for three months over in Charlotte before coming to me.

The truck is at the Land Rover Dealership which is a little ways away from me. I'll be there on Monday and take some pics for you (if the truck is still around by then I am getting a ton of inquiries)

I have receipts for all the work (i.e: everything was documented).

As I stated, I purchased this for me, but then found the 89.

Thanks
Dendy
nashvillerover@comcast.net

post some photos. Sounds like an okay truck, no reverse and holy rust is a gutshot in my book. My hunter lived at the coast of NC, the only rust its had was a shot radiator and some rust on the frame, everything else was perfect..
Old October 30th, 2009, 05:36 PM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

OK, So, I changed direction on my 1989 truck and will be putting the ARB rear bumper back on this truck. I have posted some pictures below of what it looks like with the black wheels and the new BFG Commercial 10ply T/A tires.

So, the truck will simply not come with the Hellas on the front or the rear lamp guards.

The rear ARB bumper is pretty rare.

Additionally, I have adjusted the price up to reflect the addition of the bumper back in the mix. I will also include in the price:
1) Detroit 24 Locker - STILL NEW IN THE BOX (never opened)
2) A pair of No Longer Available Rovers North Steel Sides Steps/Tree Pushers.

$4600.00 with all the accessories.
Still needs the tranny sussed out.
Below see the new pictures-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1995ClassicSide.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	22559   Click image for larger version

Name:	1995PassengerDrivers.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	22560  

Name:	1995ClassicDrivers.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	22561   Click image for larger version

Name:	1995ClassicPassFront.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	22562  

Name:	1995CenterConsole.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	22563   Click image for larger version

Name:	1995ClassicPassengerDoorJam.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	22564  

Name:	1995ClassicBitorust.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	22565   Click image for larger version

Name:	1995ClassicHeadliner.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	22566  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 31st, 2009, 06:43 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Just as a point of clarification- we secured the truck for Dendy, had it shipped here, and did the bumper installs, some tires/wheels, and an a/c compressor. We drove it sporadicly- time wise, not physically- and found the trans issue. The PO disclosed it, but during our driving it didn't raise its ugly head, until one day, poof. Dendy elected to ship it and fix it in Nashville, as we were covered up, and he had access to replacement tranny, and planned on a LT230 swap simultaneously, which he also had in his possesion. We then sold him the '89, and the '95 is now available. It appears to be a very solid truck, has had a considerable amount of money spent on her, and is 1/125 '95 swb RRC to my understanding. Just didn't want folks to think we did the work, and didn't stand behind it. Good luck with the sale, and someone will get a nice RRC.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 10th, 2009, 11:39 AM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

$4000.00 with all the above mentioned (two posts back) included.

I don't want to fuss with the ebay thingy. Someone please buy this truck.

D
Old November 10th, 2009, 08:48 PM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

$3500 for truck by itself (no detroit locker in the box ... or side steps).
For those not interested in the other items (and who have asked).
Thanks
D
Old November 11th, 2009, 08:49 PM
rover26c
Lee
1994 D90 ST

Has the transmission been resolved/fixed on this truck? Any problems you care to disclose?
Old November 11th, 2009, 09:27 PM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover26c
Has the transmission been resolved/fixed on this truck? Any problems you care to disclose?
No, that is why I have lowered the price to $3500.00.
Read above and you will see that the truck runs great. The is simply a tranny issue. I have my hands full working on my 89 classic, and I don't have the time or want to expend the resources to suss the tranny issue.
Therefore, I am allowing someone to benefit from all the work performed on this truck at a reduced price (way under what I have into it).

If someone wants the Detroit 24 spline Locker (still in the original box - never opened) it is available for an additional $500.00

No other issues that what has been discussed above. Albeit, this is a land rover and there are no guarantees that is won't blow up on you in the first drive around the block!
Old November 12th, 2009, 10:24 AM
draaronr
Here
LR3

man I don't want to come off as a dick, but why the price of 3500? the trans issue will cost money and time, and I am confused are you leaving it as in the first pics? or was that moved to your 89?
Old November 12th, 2009, 10:30 AM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

Nothing was moved to my 89. The only thing that has changed is that the NAS110 wheels went to a NAS110 and the black series steel wheels were put on instead. The front and rear bumper are in place. The rear lampguards were "taken".

The price is due to the amount I have invested in the truck. I don't suspect you are trying to be a dick, but if you look at what has been done to this truck in the last two years, ... all the major issues have been address (including the transmission ... however ... this is a rover), and I purchased it because of that fact.

You can get a tranny from Marty in Kentucky for around $350.00 and then installation. That is why I reduced the price from $4900 to $3500.00.

1995 Short Wheel Bases are a desirable Classic (as you know) and there were very few of them sold.

Dale and Kelly (at Land Rover Nashville) will tell you that this truck is worth every bit of $3500.00

D
Old November 12th, 2009, 10:34 AM
draaronr
Here
LR3

and the bumper does have value.
I do know I have had a lot of 95 classics, black, white, green, lwb, swb, stock, modified.
it's going to be hard to sell a nice truck with transmission issues, if you want it sold, buy the tranny put it in and list it on ebay and I promise in 7 days it will be gone and you will probably get more than 5k. just my advice. I know time is tight but that will get it done for you.
Old November 12th, 2009, 11:40 AM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

I think the rear bumper is where the real extra value is. These ARB rear bumpers are hens teeth to find.
I wanted to put that on my 89, but it requires modifying the rear of the truck frame on an 89, and the 89 is simply too nice to take down that path.

Thanks for the words though.

D

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1995, 95, classic, range rover