1995 Range Rover Classic For Sale - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:09 PM
AshevilleMike
Mike
1967 Series 2A

1995 Range Rover Classic For Sale

Range Rover is synonymous with style and capability. Displayed in the Louvre, the Range Rover Classic was modeled as an "exemplary work of industrial design". Whether transporting a case of Chateau Mouton-Rothschild 1945, or several kilos of Columbian imports, the Range Rover Classic was (and still is) the preferred vehicle of the elite.

Why buy new, when you can preserve the classic? Built to the finest British engineering standards, this example maintains the original build quality with only several minor flaws.

Mixing pleasure with British utility can not be better defined than the Range Rover experience.

Of course, with such craftsmanship and limited production, come unique qualities, only adding to the presence of ownership. A few specifics of this particular vehicle:

1) The rear windows are fixed. Of course this is inconsequential as the owner of such a vehicle would likely expect to be chauffeured, and would not consider lowering a window, risking exposure to the common.
2) The leather and wood trim is aged, although the cracking and discoloration only serve to document the experience and journey this vehicle has accomplished.
3) Several small blemishes can be viewed on exterior body panels, again severing to document the pedigree of this vehicle.
4) As with any finely-tuned British product, one should expect some weeping of automotive fluids. Likely the new owner would maintain in-house staff to remove such product from one's drive and to replace such fluids on a regular basis.
5) Continuing with masterful British engineering, the new owner should expect several electrical "inconsistencies". Of course the new owner has likely owned or currently maintains a fleet of other British products and will be familiar with such divergence.
6) The key can not (currently) be removed from the ignition. Of course this will act as a bonus, as the new owner's chauffeur will not have to worry with such things as misplacing the only key to the vehicle.
7) With the key remaining in the ignition, vehicle occupants can maintain use of such luxuries as the heater, windshield wipers, front window operation, sunroof, and so forth; of course this benefit applies a certain level of stress to the vehicle electrical function. As such, it is recommended that the battery be disconnected by your in-house staff or chauffeur if the vehicle is expected to sit for any length of time, else a quick "jump" from your Maserati may be in order.

To inquire further about the specifics of this example, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

The Real Deal:

Ultimately this is a complete, running and driving Range Rover Classic (I drive it to work a few times a week). A lot of the hard-to-find parts are still on this truck. Everyone that see's it smiles (either because they love it, or think they're about to witness a large fire).

The motor and transmission sound good and appear strong. The truck tracks straight and shifts well. Tires appear new. The four wheel drive system operates normally. There is rust in the inner fender wells, under body, and floor boards. The frame and upper body are generally solid. The body has had a respray at some point. There are electrical demons and about every warning light is on. The leather and wood are worn. Some plastic bits are cracked. Dash looks great. I had planned to do a lot more with this truck, but hey, life happens. I'd love to see someone fix this thing up and enjoy it. Come check it out, or give me a call (828.774.9655).

$2,900 takes it home. This has got to be the cheapest running and driving '95 RRC in the Country.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170909_091336706.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	301937   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170909_091438428.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	301945  

Name:	IMG_20170909_091448080.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	301953   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170909_091512935.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	301961  

Name:	IMG_20170909_091524994.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	301969   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170909_091606763.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	301977  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:33 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Well played....

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old September 22nd, 2017, 09:02 PM
LostChord
Brian
86 D110 SW

Registry
Well played indeed...GLWTS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 23rd, 2017, 12:39 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Excellent!

Doesn't look too rough from here, but I'm also a sucker for the alpines! ;-) If you were only a bit closer I might take you up on this. My "Rusty" could use a sibling! Glwts.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 05:33 AM
AshevilleMike
Mike
1967 Series 2A

Thanks for the interest. I'm probably being harder on her than she deserves. Fun truck, just needs someone who knows these vehicles to put some time (and money) into her.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 09:12 AM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Post of the month right there! Coming out of the gate strong with your first post Mike! GLWTS!
Old October 8th, 2017, 12:09 PM
AshevilleMike
Mike
1967 Series 2A

SOLD! Cheers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1995, 95, classic, for sale, range rover