1995 Land Rover NAS D90 SW - Amsoil Bitches D90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old April 18th, 2012, 09:02 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

1995 Land Rover NAS D90 SW - Amsoil Bitches D90

I'm not totally certain I'm selling her... Christ knows the fury I unleashed on those that sold theirs, but... I'm starting another business and may need funds for one of those Sprinter big vans.

Yes, it was rebuilt in 2001 by Roversland in Miami and since then I've dumped about $20k into it. The truck was hit and the owner just totalled it, collected on insurance and bought something else. It really wasn't even that bad. I wish I would have bought it before Roversland and saved myself a lot of money.
Just had bushings done, AC is like new I never use it and I put a new unit in it in 2004. 90,000 miles.
I run AMSOIL EVERYWHERE in this D90 (I still can't believe I'm writing this!!!!!)
Amsoil in the bearings, transfer box, transmission, swivel balls, engine... well, I never replaced the power steering box and the fluid is mineral. Sue me. Yes, if you search this forum, I was a warrior, they called me the Amsoil Bitch at one point because I was so vigilant about the care I take of this truck.

In any case, here I am. I'm not selling unless I get a serious offer, and I'll just get some other Van for the business. Oh, it comes with a Howling Moon Rooftop tent (just search my screen name and you'll see all the posts I used to write about tents and what not), the tent is like new and it's the only D90 you'll find that has the NAS Safari Roof Rack LRNAFS90RR (I think is the model # of the rack, it's from memory so...) that utilitzes a roof top tent. Others have done it but butchered their racks, mine is intact. And yeah, I have little cool things like the diamond tread plates on the steps of the rear ladder (from the Willow Green limited editions). ARB front bumper, Husky winch, um... Mantec rear tire carrier.
Brakes just done.

Needs: Headliner. little clips and things like that for the interior, but all in all it purrs like a kitten. I can honestly say it sounds better now than when I bought it, and better than most D90's out there.

Anyway, I could just be talking about of my ass, but if the offer is right, this is the 1st time I've EVER considered selling. I'm almost hoping I'm forced to go another route.

Decisions. Thanks for reading. I don't have a number in mind, but I'll bite if I hear it.
My email is nasd90@gmail.com if you're serious. I'm not going to answer on here. And don't email me 'what do you want for it?' because I won't answer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D90.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	50489  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2012, 09:34 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
I always like the euro tub with the running lights. You really don't want to sell this truck, mine loves Amsoil as well.
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:39 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by norros View Post
I don't have a number in mind, but I'll bite if I hear it.
Sorry, but I'm calling BS. I've dealt with people who have said this before when trying to sell, and it's never resulted in anything good...just fishing for the highest price. If you can't nail down a price, either don't post the truck, or wait until you have one. I think even the first rule to post in this section is to be able to provide a price.

Good luck with the sale - I can tell you don't want to sell though - or else you'd have a price in mind!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2012, 09:59 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Wow ... Another highly desirable white 95 SW for sale ... People this is your lucky year!
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old April 19th, 2012, 09:09 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Figure out an asking price please or I'll need to move this to the flea market.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ead.php?t=3572

Thanks,
charles
Old April 21st, 2012, 07:44 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

You're all right... Thank you for the bashing. I really love honesty and I'm not being sarcastic. Honestly, I would have done the same thing back in the day when I lived on this forum.

So, I'm trying to add all the numbers up from what I've done in the last say five or ten thousand miles. Now, I bought this truck in January 2002 with 55,000 miles and it's got 90,000 that's under 5,000 miles per year. I've religiously changed the oil at least twice a year, and just did brakes & rotors all the way around, genuine not aftermarket. I always used to best in this truck. The bars that hold the tent up cost me about $500 to get fabricated and they work great. Put the Safari Rack on myself after I bought it and it's in stellar condition. It's got awesome PIAA's on the light bar. Stainless Steel roller fairlead with fiber rope for the winch. I did go over what it needs: a Stereo in addition to the headliner, you're going to need to maybe get a new rear bumper if you're wanting a perfect one. The only spot on this whole truck that has rust is the rear bumper. The rest is in great condition. I never really wheeled this truck like I wanted to. We have no hills or mountains here so it was really a pavement princess for a long time. It has stock size BFG MTR's with a LOT of tread left, and brand new bushings which were a pain in the...!! I have the original carpets that went in the front of the footwells. And maybe you're going to need a handful of clips for the door panels. All little stuff. The big stuff on this truck I did, and did well. Oh yeah, and put in a new starter within the last 12 months... And when Roverland put a new rear tub in they did a spectacular job, and I've never, ever had any problems with this D90. It runs better than most out there, and most that are out there are starting to fall apart.

So... YES, I think I need to sell it. I'm sorry for going on like that in my first post but 10 years in a Defender will do that to you. I'll probably buy another one someday, but for now, I have to get that Sprinter Van and I don't want to make payments. I just turned 40 and I'm so done with payments.

So, my D-90 Source brethren... I'm going to start this at a round number, $35,000. Comes with genuine Howling Moon Rooftop Tent (paid over two grand for it) and it's in brand new condition. Used the tent maybe 4 times, no lie. I'm going to put it on Autotrader, it's not going on eBay.

P.S. - Feel free to bash this or anything else I write, I'm a big boy. But the woman in the photo is my wife, so if you could be kind out of respect, I would greatly appreciate it. Mahalo.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	949.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	50626  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 21st, 2012, 07:49 PM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

It's a beautiful lady. And a beautiful car.
Old April 21st, 2012, 07:52 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

P.S. - Can we please move this back to the 'Vehicles for Sale' Section? Thank you.

Old April 21st, 2012, 08:04 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Thank you Broncoduecer.

Old April 21st, 2012, 08:49 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

That trucks too bloody clean.....
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:52 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Shayne, ... Honestly, that's part of why I'm selling it too. Nothing but swamps here, it got tiring after year 1. Mud isn't that great. Now if I had mountains here, or hills that would be one thing. Plus I just don't have time for her anymore. I feel like I'm cheating on her right now typing this!!

Old April 21st, 2012, 09:38 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Moved back to the for sale section. GLWTS!

Oh, and just saw the chair. Goooo Gators.
Old April 21st, 2012, 09:51 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
You can get a Sprinter for 9K.
Old April 21st, 2012, 09:55 PM
founD90
Dr. Gonzo
1994 D90 #48

Since you called me a poser, and intimated that I would have sold my truck by the end of last year, I'll jump in and bash.

Unless I misread your first post, it has almost 100K and a salvage title?

GLWS....

Are you looking for another one of those rare Toyota Previa vans to replace the Defender?
Old April 21st, 2012, 10:06 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by founD90 View Post
Since you called me a poser, and intimated that I would have sold my truck by the end of last year, I'll jump in and bash.

Unless I misread your first post, it has almost 100K and a salvage title?

GLWS....

Are you looking for another one of those rare Toyota Previa vans to replace the Defender?
I'm sure you would sell your truck if you could get 35k for it. That's good money. All you have to do is put another 60,000 miles on yours and total it of course.

I for one hope he get's 35k. Let the values rise. It will keep the rifraf away. Too many poor people have bought defenders lately.
Old April 21st, 2012, 10:09 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Too many poor people have bought defenders lately.
Now that's good stuff. I think I like beating this dead horse more than the Conniston/white top genre.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old April 22nd, 2012, 09:07 AM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

Hey....was this Roben Taglienti's old truck? He lived in Naples , had his white 95 sw totalled by getting t-boned, and I know Rovers Land ended up with it. Same time frame too......I never knew where it went after Lenny finished it.

Old April 22nd, 2012, 04:27 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Awesome! Too funny, let'rr rip. Yes, the vehicle was totaled and ole' Lenny lost his ass putting all new parts in to get her done. I raked him through the coals and got a pretty good deal. I've since dumped mad cash in the thing, and yeah, thirty five k is a bit high, but you have to start somewhere. That is why I specifically wrote: 'start at'...

In any case, no worries. I can use this vehicle as well for the business, just go a different angle. The one's that are for sale are stock... no tent, no safari rack, old, rusted. Regardless of whether they've been rebuilt or not. I know a lot of guys who brought some over and rebuild them and got crazy cash. I'm not looking for crazy but if you know this truck, you know I put a lot into it. Enough said.

At least I didn't buy a red one. Mahalo my brothers, you'll live to fight another day.

Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:14 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Still finding pics.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2909.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	50670  

Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:37 AM
disco dog
Tracy Dwyer
2002 D110 TD5

are they rod holders on the rack?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1995, 90, 95, d90, nas