1995 Land Rover Discovery 1 200TDI w/R380 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old April 18th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Boultman
Jon B.
1995 Discovery 1 200TDI

1995 Land Rover Discovery 1 200TDI w/R380

It's time to part ways with my 1995 Land Rover Discovery 1 w/ 200tdi and R380 5-speed manual. Located in the Clear Lake Area of Houston, TX

I've had the Disco for about a year and a half, and drive it 2-3 times a week to work, and on weekend camping/wheelin' trips in the hill country. Currently in the Clear Lake Area of Houston, TX.

I planned to keep this beast forever. My wife and her tendency to produce offspring has other plans. We are now building a house and i don't need a 3rd (cough) 4th vehicle.

Spent almost all its life in Texas. I bought it from a buy in Mass. Though, he only had it a few years. The PO before him did the conversion. The engine is a re-sealed ex-MoD engine, and runs like a top. Starts INSTANTLY, and has never left me stranded, or not started, etc. If you don't mind cruising at 65 mph, i would drive it across country. I've taken numerous 600-700 mile trips, and never had a single issue. I get about 22-26 mpg, depending on my foot.

The owner that did the conversation took his time to find a rust-free, Discovery 1 with manual cloth seats and no Sunroof to keep things as simple as possible. Vehicle does not leak from any window seals, etc. I've had to park it outside since i owned it, and never a single drop gets inside. All electric windows, mirrors, etc. work perfect. Keyless entry, alarm, homelink garage opener etc.

Contact me for additional HiRes photos. I can also take additional photos upon request, just tell me what and where. I want to be completely transparent with the transaction, and look for a quick and easy cash sell.

Minor Issues:
- AC needs a recharge. The main components are not leaking, but the two large compression fittings that screw into the compressor work loose over time(diesel vibrations i'm sure). I did an evac/recharge and changed receiver/dryer last summer, blew ice cold. Just noticed it was low again a few weeks ago after it got warm here on the coast.
- The truck will steer to the left under hard braking. Probably needs a new or rebuilt caliper. I just learned to live with it and doesn't affect daily driving.
- Steering box leaks slightly. I added Lucas power steering leak-stop (one of the only snake-oils i actually believe in) and it slowed enough to not even worry about it. I've had to re-add maybe 1/3 of a bottle since i first did it over a year ago. Steers fine.
- The clutch seems to slip under certain conditions. It's only in higher gear, under hard acceleration, and only when engine has been fully warmed for a while. It could possibly be the crank shaft seal that is spraying a fine oil-mist into bell housing/clutch?? It's always kind of done it, and i just live with it. It is NEVER an issue when in low-range, or crawling around in low gears. Worst case it needs a clutch. It hasn't gotten any worse since i owned it, so i'm just used to it when it happens.
- Drips/seeps a little oil, as all diesels and/or British Vehicles do. Doesn't seem to burn any. I add MAYBE a half of a quart of oil between changes (4-5k mikes). Which is really exceptional.
- lastly, some of the doors won't auto-lock or unlock with the key-less entry. It comes and goes. they all work manually if needed. Most importantly, the drivers door ALWAYS locks/unlocks with remote.

 200tDi Ex-MoD re-sealed Engine from the U.K. (fires INSTANTLY)
 R380 5-speed manual that shifts perfectly; Diff lock and Low-range shift easily
 NO rust. Has been in the Lone Star State most of its life
 Manual cloth seats; No Sunroofs; No rain-related leaks of any kind
 ARB front bumper with 9.5k TigerShark Winch (pulled out many Jeeps)
 Very desirable "Saudi Grill"
 HD front springs for added weight
 All fluids recently changed; Lucas Synthetic Oil in Diffs, Transfer Case and Swivel Hubs; Reline in Trans
 Brand new Head-liner (perfect); won't ever sag again. . .
 Newer cross-drilled brake rotors
 Custom low-profile sliders bolted to frame; heavy duty
 All new component speakers (OEM grills), low-pro 10" sub and Kenwood head-unit (green lights)
 Custom Magnaflow exhaust; low-profile and out of the way; sounds great
 4 aux VDO™ gauges installed; EGT, Turbo Boost, Water Temp and Voltage
 OEM Land Rover Full Coverage rubber matts ($$)
 Wilderness basket roof rack (can accommodate tent); w/ OEM ladder; HiLift Jack mounted/included
 Hella Fog Light on front Bar (use factory fog-light switch on center console)
 Uniden Radio between seats with Firestick antennae mounted to spare bracket
 All electric windows work as they should, and are tinted (looks great on white Disco)
 Spectre in-line air filter install and piped up to fender to prep snorkel install
 Keyless entry works, and one remote and 3 spare keys included; HomeLink Garage Door opener
 New Belts (all three); New AC Receiver/Dryer; New Clutch Slave Cylinder; new viscous Fan clutch; more
 Sylvania SilverStar Headlight bulbs installed
 Garmin (older) hard-wired to upper console
 Misc. Quick-fists with Shovel and Axe (included)
 ABS works great, and can be disabled with a pull of the fuse if desired (unlike D2)
 No warning lights, runs perfect, never a single issue, has always started instantly
 BFG tires have 50+% left, but getting a little old. Plenty of life in them.
 Factory Jack, wheels chocks, and tool kit
 Many spares included; all belts (Gates), Roto-flex coupling, Water pump, Gaskets, Misc. Coolant hoses, Filters; binders of Info, schematics and engine/trans install procedure; and of course, Title in Hand.

Over-all this is an awesome vehicle in amazing shape. It's largely still original. It is a beast as-is, but can really be a great, solid, rust-free starting point to make the Off-roader of your dreams, the way YOU want it.

Asking $11,900.00 but open to reasonable cash offers. Looking for transparent, quick and easy transaction.

Please email for further information and my contact information.

Regards,
Jonny B.

email:
jhboult(at sign)gmail(dot)com (or send PM)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2014, 10:43 AM
lrnasd90
J. Landers
1983 110 LHD Galvanized Everything

Man I have been meaning to come over and look at your truck, I just have not had the time.
93 NAS D110 #137 Sold
1-94 NAS D90 #702 Sold
2-94 NAS D90s (#1112, #1586)tdi Sold
95 NAS D90 #262 Sold
1-97 NAS D90 #642 Sold
2-97 NAS D90s LE (#82,#222)Sold
110 Crew Cab Td5 Sold
Hybrid Series 3 Sold
3-D1 Sold
1- D2 Sold
4- RRC Sold
83 110 5dr Diesel (current)
97 Disco XD tdi (current)
I can quit at any time I am not an addict!!
Old April 18th, 2014, 10:30 PM
lrnasd90
J. Landers
1983 110 LHD Galvanized Everything

Sorry double post
93 NAS D110 #137 Sold
1-94 NAS D90 #702 Sold
2-94 NAS D90s (#1112, #1586)tdi Sold
95 NAS D90 #262 Sold
1-97 NAS D90 #642 Sold
2-97 NAS D90s LE (#82,#222)Sold
110 Crew Cab Td5 Sold
Hybrid Series 3 Sold
3-D1 Sold
1- D2 Sold
4- RRC Sold
83 110 5dr Diesel (current)
97 Disco XD tdi (current)
I can quit at any time I am not an addict!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 19th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Buyrovers
Chuck Leimone
1984 Land Rover 110 Soft Top

Add nc to the places it lived, I bought it from the original builder and used it for the occasional uwharrie run or camping trip. Great truck and very well built.
Old April 23rd, 2014, 09:21 PM
Jonathan-101
Jonathan
none

Registry
PM sent.
Old April 24th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Boultman
Jon B.
1995 Discovery 1 200TDI

**SOLD LOCALLY. Thanks for all the interest.

Regards.
Old April 24th, 2014, 02:41 PM
roverman2010
John
1985 LR 90 200Tdi

Registry
Sitting in my yard now

Still looking for that place where I can carry a paddle and get asked what's that.

JnK Services
FC101 GS FFR
57 LR 88" SXF 858
85 LR90
95 D1 Tdi
05 D3 HSE
97 XK8 BRG FHC For Sale
Old April 24th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Crap! How did I miss this!?! Good looking truck, enjoy it and glad it's staying in the family.
Old April 24th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Crap! How did I miss this!?! Good looking truck, enjoy it and glad it's staying in the family.
No worries Raub, you'll always have a chance to buy mine when it's done, for way more money
Old April 24th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Exactly! Waaay more money, esp with all cool photos no doubt adding value to it.
Old April 24th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Exactly! Waaay more money, esp with all cool photos no doubt adding value to it.
Well of course, I'll take a bunch of photos of the truck, print them on 4x6" paper and frame them, then throw all the frames in the back of the truck. $35k, no questions asked.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1995, 200tdi, 95, cover, disco, discovery, land rover, r380, tdi