Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old May 15th, 2006, 08:41 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathon
all of you can kiss my ass you guys need to get a job and i do have twins and have a great job and make lots of money you dumbshits call me if you have any problems
Wow what a way to shit on a small community, I guess you do have a great job, because anyone who owned their own business would know better than to make a statement like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2006, 10:50 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
all of you can kiss my ass you guys need to get a job and i do have twins and have a great job and make lots of money you dumbshits call me if you have any problems
Not really quite the response I was expecting... Clean it up before posting again.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old May 15th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Jase
Jase
pending

Quote:
I'm glad to see that your great, high paying job doesn't require writing or people skills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2006, 12:01 AM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

In business Since, 1999

Jonathon Morgan, car dealer (I'm guessing on the title)
Morgan Lawn Car
2710 Overton Road Southwest
Huntsville, AL 35801
256-656-0240

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ad...w=1&name=&qty=

you know... just to give out his dealer information. heck its free advertising!
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old May 16th, 2006, 12:11 AM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88
In business Since, 1999

Jonathon Morgan, car dealer (I'm guessing on the title)
Morgan Lawn Car
2710 Overton Road Southwest
Huntsville, AL 35801
256-656-0240

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ad...w=1&name=&qty=

you know... just to give out his dealer information. heck its free advertising!

Gotta love the internet, I think this is how the Charlie Wenzel thread started.
Old May 16th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
I remember when I was selling my defender he emailed me and low balled me. I made a comment about his B/S stories all the time. He then called me a "dummy". Thats right! A dummy.

What a twat.
Old May 16th, 2006, 08:59 AM
ini88
Daniel Marcello

should i take down his info? i woke up this morning and thought it was mean. haha. im a light hearted guy, and thought "man i just put all that dudes info up!"
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old May 16th, 2006, 09:30 AM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88
should i take down his info? i woke up this morning and thought it was mean. haha. im a light hearted guy, and thought "man i just put all that dudes info up!"
If CVC thinks it should be down he will remove it. Its not like any of us would do physical harm to the guy, I think it's just an fyi to the group.
Old May 16th, 2006, 10:28 AM
tron
Thomas F
Recently Roverless

Quote:

...did I also mention that I am extremely handsome?
Old May 16th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Flagg
Flagg
1995 Defender 90 NAS

What a NICE response by Jonathon.......I am so glad he took the time to write, and set things straight about his personality, AND let the people on this site know know about his great job.......

I am also glad that he offered to help to anyone that calls........
Old May 16th, 2006, 04:45 PM
roverboy
Thomas
Booger

I wasn't going to get into anything about our dealings specifically, but in the interest of everyone here...

I won an ebay auction from him about a year ago for a 1993 D-110 with 78k miles on it. I won it for $32k. I emailed him after I won it, and requested a phone call so we could sort out all the details of payment, delivery, etc. It took him forever to call me back (red flag #1) then when he did, he told me that there were some problems with the truck and that he was going to have the dealership fix them before he felt he could sell it to me. (red flag #2) Then he told me about his twins that were due any day and that, "oh by the way, the truck isn't titled." (red flag #3) I was not going to buy the truck at this point, but I kept up the corespondence just to see where it would go. The truck supposedly had belonged to some guy out west, and when Jonathan bought it, he never had it titled. He offered to forge the bill of sale for me so I could title it here in Florida. I swear to God. It was almost humorous at this point. He proceded to tell me that his father in law owned a Mercedes dealership in Huntsville and that he would straighten out the title thing for me. Days went by, then he told me his father in law couldn't help in that arena. When I insisted that the title be sorted out before I sent him a check, he said ok, and that he'd call me when he a. got the truck fixed and b. got the truck titled in AL. We never spoke again. Then, magically...about 2 weeks later, he gave me a positive feedback in ebay. Posted a comment of how good of a ebayer i was and that he'd deal with again. It was quite a bizarre interaction. I noticed recently that hus seller I.D. on ebay is no longer valid which leads me to believe he's operating under a different I.D. Also...I have noticed that there is another Defender reseller in Huntsville, AL. landroversforsale.com. Are they the same guy? If not, it's awfully coincidental.

By the way, it's not Morgan Lawn Car...it's Morgan Lawn Care. I know because he told me he owns a lawn care business and that's the way he answered the phone when i called him.

I'm not ripping on the guy personally. He was very nice to me on the phone. I think I even spoke to his dad once. He seemed like a nice guy too. It was just that that particular deal seemed very shady, and turned me off to dealing with him on that truck. That's not to say that I wouldn't buy another truck from him if it was a nice truck, in good shape, for a good price, as represented and with a TITLE. But then again, maybe not. Would have to be one hell of a truck.
Old May 16th, 2006, 04:59 PM
jblieb
john

I do not believe that the www.landroversforsale.com guys are one and the same. I have talked to them a couple of times and they seem reputable and honest.

Obviously they would have nothing to do with this schmuck. By my math he has had about 10 sets of twins so I would imagine even a d-90SW with 4 jumpseats would not suit him.

Maybe he is breeding his own mowing superforce to cover all of the lawns for that "great job" he professes to have.
Old May 16th, 2006, 05:07 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

No, the guys from Landroversforsale.com live in Birmhinham AL. Stephen is the son of the son/father in law team. They have been doing what they do for quite a long time under their same ebay aco****s and on the website, buying nice Defenders low and reselling them at decent pricing after cleaning them up. While some people may not like it, its the nature of car sales. Snooze you loose. They beat me out of a 97 LE a few years ago but in a turn of events, the '97 D90 I drive now, I bought from them back in Sept. Stephan is a member of the site, and I think I made him a Vendor and encouraged him to start posting trucks in the Vendors loft if they wanted to, but to my knowledge, they have yet make a business posting here.

The truck in that ebay link also does not follow a number of traits of the Landroversforsale.com listings. First off Stephen and his dad arrange photo shoots for each of the trucks they list on eBay, usally you will find at least 12 - 18 pictures of the truck. They also have been using a 3rd party listing tool that creates the listing in that fancy scrolling picture layout which is absent in this listing. Lastly, in all the pictures of Defenders they list for sale that I can remember, the pictures are taken at the house where their shop is located. I've been to the house personally and the house in those pictures is not the house where their shop is. Lastly, this truck is not shown on their website, at least is was not the other day when I checked it. They are pretty quick with posting their on hand trucks as well as incoming trucks they have bought and are waiting to arrive on the site.

I would say that I'm pretty sure that this listing is not one of theirs, but who knows I could be wrong. I would be suprised if it was.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblieb
Maybe he is breeding his own mowing superforce ....
hahaha.. that was awesome

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old May 16th, 2006, 05:43 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello

yeah the Landroversforsale.com guys seem cool. they have nice photos of their trucks on ebay.
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old May 18th, 2006, 08:34 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
J Marks must have really wanted to move that truck, I just cant see selling to someone at such a low price that they can make 8k in profit for no work at all. Someone used "buy it now" and bought it off ebay for the 31k price.

I wish I had thought of it first, I could use 8k.
Old May 19th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Flagg
Flagg
1995 Defender 90 NAS

If nothing else, that restores in my mind the value of my truck - since I am driving almost the same truck with close to the same miles.....

31k is MORE then I would have expected this truck to sell for..........Flagg
Old July 15th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Jase
Jase
pending

From a boat this guy, "the reseller" sold on ebay. I guess telling people you are having kids sells cars/boats/etc.

MASTER CRAFT X-80 STS
Vehicle Description

NO RESERVE NO RESERVE NO RESERVE AWESOME DEAL!!!!!!! DO NOT BID IF YOU DON'T PLAN ON BUYING. "NO RESERVE"I BOUGHT THIS BOAT "BRAND NEW" JUST 3 WEEKS AGO. I FOUND OUT MY WIFE IS PREGNANT THE FOLLOWING WEEK. I AM FORCED TO SELL MY BRAND BOAT. I KNOW THIS IS THE TIME OF YEAR TO SELL A BOAT OF THIS CALIPER. HIGH BIDDER TAKES BOAT. THE BOAT HAS ONLY 19 HRS TOTAL ON TWIN MOTORS, AND HAS FULL MANAFACTURER'S WARRANTY WITH BOAT. I WILL HAVE FIRST SERVICE (DUE @ 20 HOURS ON MOTORS) PERFORMED THIS WEEK BEFORE NEW OWNER TAKES BOAT. THIS BOAT WITH TRAILOR NEW LISTS FOR APPROX: $130,000. I WILL DISCOUNT THE BOAT UNDER $89,900. THIS BOAT HAS EVERYTHING OFFERED. ALL OPTIONS. THE 700 HP POWER. TWIN 350 HPS. INCLUDES FULL COVER, BIMINI TOP, UPGRADED ENGINE PACKAGE, UPGRADED STEREO. THERE ARE NO OPTIONS THAT THIS BOAT DOESN'T HAVE...... CALL JOEL, 256 797 1779 WITH QUES..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4650464277
Old July 16th, 2006, 12:07 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
He's also bidding vigorously on what I think must be Bryan Tate's old truck, currently on ebay being sold by Hunting Ridge Motors.
Old July 16th, 2006, 08:28 AM
hutclose
DAVID TRIBBLE
1994 D-90

Is he with Landroversforsale.com ???

Why are all of the frames freshly painted black on the vehicles for sale?
Old May 25th, 2007, 08:10 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

For what it`s worth, i`m not sure that he ever stopped, but he is sure as hell at it again.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1995, 90, 95, ac, defender 90