Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old September 4th, 2006, 03:47 PM
klcarvalho
Kelly Carvalho
1995 Defender 90 ST White

1995 D90 SW - Alpine White - <50K miles

VIN # SALDV3289SA977182
175 of 500

A few weeks less than 50,000 miles (at 49,683 currently). I've been very protective about the mileage.

Alpine White exterior with stock grey houndstooth cloth interior on front seats (seats are in excellent condition; no tears and no visible flaws). Rhino-lined truck cab.

Old Man Emu 2" suspension lift

Safari Guard rock sliders and sill protectors

Diamond plate wing protectors (painted black)

BF Goodrich 31" All-Terrain tires on stock wheels (tires are less than 2 years old - lots of wear left)

Alpine iPod interface stereo (retailed for a bit over $500 and about $100 for the interface). Pretty sweet setup if you have an iPod, you just plug it in and the info all shows up on the stereo-face. You can then scroll through songs and functions via the scrollbar. I've only used cds recently, but either way it's pretty great.

Grey tuffy locking center console box.

Bestop soft top (two minor tears; stiched up) with spare plexi windows and carrier
Bimini top in great condition

Custom Covercraft Weathershield HD car cover (waterproof - by far my fav accessory, which you'd only really understand if you had a convertible like this...trust me it's huge)

Flowmaster Cat Back exhaust (sounds so very nice - previous owner called it "The Beast" for a reason)

Was sold to me with a K&N air filter a little over a year and a half ago...pretty sure it still has it (can check)

Stock windows (passenger window has a parallel scratch about the size of a quarter of a pencil)

Also has a stock brush guard - wrap around tubes (will add photos later or by request) and two Hella 1000 FF round driving lamps.

Runs great...and rides surprisingly smooth. Clean engine (will follow-up with photo).
I've only had one minor problem - every few months or so it doesn't start right up, so I used to wait five minutes and it would start right up pretty consistently. Just recently I found that slapping the hood just above the driver's side vent instantly cures whatever it is, no kidding. I know nothing mechanically, obviously, but if that's all it takes then it can't be anything big...loose wire is the likely culprit (a mechanically inclined person can no doubt find/resolve the issue in like 5 minutes and spend the next 10 laughing at me).

Sold to me as "ABSOLUTELY NO RUST!"...so it's pretty darn clean, but in my opinion a few scrapes of surface rust counts and I don't want my buyer thinking they got hosed. It's got light rust a few of the hinges and in the poorly designed well of the passenger door latch, but that's about it.
I got it from California, so the no rust bit is pretty common. They got it from a guy that only drove it on a ranch, which explains it's low mileage.

There is one small dent above the cage for the rear passenger side brake/turning lights (looks like it got bumped in a bit). See photo.

No AC, but after an Arkansas summer and an Oklahoma summer I swear it's no biggie...just take off the windows open the front vents, and throw on the Bimini cover for a wee bit of shade...good to go. It is a convertible.

I'll get the oil changed this week (September 5th) and it will be GREAT to go.

It's a pain to get into Land Rover Tulsa, and while I'd like to offer that inspection for anyone that asks...it may be tough to coordinate unless you want to wait a week or so...and pay for it at your expense.
So...
I had it checked out by them when I moved to Tulsa (March 25, 2006) and here are their only few comments from their official 100-point checklist:
- Engine Cover - Gaskets - L/H Leaking
- Cylinder Heads & Gaskets - Leaks
- Timing Cover Leak
- Pads/Shoes (FRT - 40% and Rear - 40%)
- Right High Beam Out
- Cargo Door Hinges Worn

They were very impressed.
The high beam bulb has been replaced, there's a reason Mantec makes a tire carrier (cargo door wear and weight affects every D90...in other words, it creaks and is a bit stiff), and they assured me that the leaks were nothing to worry about, they just had to note them. Firestone said the brakes were fine.
I keep trying to get maintenance done on the car 'cause I'm narotic, but no one ever wants to do anything (really changes my opinion of mechanics), because it really is that clean.

Hope that answers the bulk of anyone's questions.

My goal is to be super fair and honest so you can enjoy this car like I have (I get to play with a Viper next, just for the hell of it).

I'm not in an immediate rush to sell as my new car won't get here for a month or so, but if I can get this truck to a great home at a fair price then I'm happy to start now. I will entertain offers, but will not rush to accept them on impulse...my price is as follows:

I am asking $27,100.
Shipping is not included in the price and will be at the buyer's expense (I'm willing to help coordinate to the extent I'm able). There are no warranties, which shouldn't surprise anyone. I will work with buyers, but am seeking cash, cashier's check (or equivalent - I've used Capital One's Blank Check loan program in the past), or money order

I have not put this car out there on eBay, classified, or other marketplace as yet. This site has been very helpful to me and I wanted to give first cracks at it to the users here.

Please contact me with questions and I will respond to them as fully and timely as I am able.

It's a fantastic low mileage Defender that runs great and is soooooooo much fun to drive.

Kelly Carvalho
Tulsa, Oklahoma
work email: kelly.carvalho@kcc.com
home email: klcarvalho2@hotmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mileage.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	6512   Click image for larger version

Name:	right.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	6513  

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	6514   Click image for larger version

Name:	left.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	6515  

Name:	back.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	6516   Click image for larger version

Name:	bottom.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	6517  

Name:	inside-front.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	6518   Click image for larger version

Name:	dent.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	6519  

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	6520  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 4th, 2006, 05:47 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
whyd you do that to a station wagon
Old September 4th, 2006, 07:13 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4
whyd you do that to a station wagon
Just to make you mad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 4th, 2006, 07:29 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
bahhh
Old September 8th, 2006, 02:29 PM
klcarvalho
Kelly Carvalho
1995 Defender 90 ST White

Price Reduced - Now $26,600 - Same low miles <50K

I've decided to drop the price a wee bit to to $26,600.
Best offers are welcome.

The oil has been changed (Mobile 1) as well the power steering fluid...didn't even need it that bad, but I want a very happy buyer.

It's going on the outside market this weekend.

Your questions regarding this superbly running, low mileage, and very clean D90 are welcome.

Thanks.
-Kelly Carvalho

P.S. I guess I'm supposed to call it an ST not an SW.
Old September 8th, 2006, 05:21 PM
walkinginmemphis
Ryan
1997/D-90 LE

Info on sale.

I sold a 94 less than a year ago on ebay for much more than I expected and more than you are asking. Just a tip, but get some really nice photos and stick this thing on ebay.
Old October 15th, 2007, 04:06 PM
kennybahr
Kenny Bahr
94 D90 Alpine White #1245

willing to trade
Old October 15th, 2007, 04:13 PM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

Watch the dates...this thread is over a year old.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1995, 90, 95, alpine white, d90