1994 Defender 90 Special Edition (Beluga Black w/ leather) - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old July 14th, 2016, 10:54 AM
tgraham
Travis Graham
1994 Defender 90

Registry
1994 Defender 90 Special Edition (Beluga Black w/ leather)

It's been a tough decision, but it’s time to part with my beloved Defender 90. This example has never been off-roaded or abused in any way, and is in overall exceptional condition. The only reason I’m selling it is because I don't drive it much anymore and have a new family addition (coming any day now), so I don't see the situation improving anytime soon.

Vitals:
1994 Special Edition (1 of 100)
137,800 miles
One-owner since 2002 / 30k miles (I think I'm the 3rd owner)
Always garage kept / non-smoker
Never off-roaded or abused in any way / no damage history
No rust issues; this one has always been in middle TN where it rarely snows and even when it does, they rarely salt the roads!

Features:
  • New BFGoodrich All-Terrain tires (they have maybe 15 miles on them)
  • New brake pads and booster
  • New power steering pump
  • Boost alloy wheels
  • 1995 MY (Wynn’s) R-134a air conditioning
  • ARB brush bar
  • Safari Gard rear tire carrier
  • Fiberglass hard top
  • Station wagon doors (all genuine 2012 MY parts; with galvanized frames and new hinges)
  • XS-style leather seats
  • Rear jump seats
  • Borla stainless steel exhaust, stainless y-pipe
  • Stainless steel brake lines (with new pads)
  • Blue Polybush suspension bushings
  • Metal kick panel
  • Metal instrument binnacle bracket
  • Rear locking door
  • Probably more surprises that I'm forgetting about. Generally when something broke and there was a superior solution, that's the route I took.

Original bits included:
  • BestTop soft top and all of the hardware removed for the fiberglass top
  • BestTop surrey top
  • Two-piece doors and windows, with stainless steel window studs and "Quick Nuts"
  • I *think* I know where the original leather seat covers are. They are worn (hence why the XS covers were installed), but could be used as a pattern.

The only apologies are:
  • There's some wear on the tunnel padding near the accelerator pedal (thanks to my wide feet, see photos)
  • There is a repair to the fiberglass top's passenger side panel right at the window vertical seam. The top has been on there for years.
  • The 2nd gear synchro grinds a little if you try to treat it like a sports car. I don't.

It'll come with a big folder of receipts and paperwork for everything I've bought under my tenure. I also kept service records in a spreadsheet that I will provide as well.

The vehicle is located in Nashville, TN -- you can get in this D90 and drive it anywhere without a problem. Asking $55,000. Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks!
Travis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7313.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	153827   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7311.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	339.3 KB
ID:	153828  

Name:	IMG_7309.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	317.8 KB
ID:	153829   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7306.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	351.9 KB
ID:	153830  

Name:	IMG_7305.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	356.6 KB
ID:	153831   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7295.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	153832  

Name:	IMG_7287.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	153833   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7279.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	291.9 KB
ID:	153834  

Name:	IMG_7267.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	153835   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7262.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	153836  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 14th, 2016, 11:31 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Congrats on the new addition! These little people are awesome.

That there is a gorgeous machine! I hope you don't regret selling it, but I wish you the best of luck. If I didn't have one just like it, I'd take a serious look at yours! As a '94, does it have the rear passenger compartment (tub) side protection tubes (roll cage between b and c pillars)? I can't quite tell from the photos.

GLWTS
Old July 14th, 2016, 11:35 AM
tgraham
Travis Graham
1994 Defender 90

Registry
Thanks! It has the full roll ("safari") cage, including the lower tub portions. My understanding was that the special editions were the last of the 1994 MY. It has the R380 and Bestop (as opposed to the LT177 and Tickford top) to support that understanding.

Travis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 14th, 2016, 11:39 AM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
the only hick-up you will have with some people is that the 94 special editions consisted of:
leather front and rear seat - you removed these.
the SS a-bar - you removed this.
the SS side-steps - you removed these.
it should have the tickford top too i believe.

there is not much left other than it being in great shape. all the "special edition" is gone.
Old July 14th, 2016, 11:44 AM
tgraham
Travis Graham
1994 Defender 90

Registry
When I purchased it in 2002 (with 30k miles) it had the leather front seats, but no A-bar, no rear bench seat (nor holes for where one was originally installed), and had standard side steps. I can ask the dealer about it - there are still a few people around from that era.

I did remove the side steps (looks better without, IMO) and the seats were worn. If I can find the original seat covers, I will throw those in.

Travis

Old July 14th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Avahdani
Nushi
NONE

Is it clear status? I recall the same truck listed couple of years ago and had a salvage title
Old July 14th, 2016, 01:07 PM
tgraham
Travis Graham
1994 Defender 90

Registry
Your recollection is WRONG! Whatever salvage title you're referring to was for some other Defender 90!

- There is ABSOLUTELY no damage history on this Defender.
- The title is clean.

Travis

Old July 14th, 2016, 01:12 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

You should just put it on ebay. It will just get shit on here and your PM box will be full of low ball offers. You should post the screenshots of the lowballers here as well Good luck with sale. Somebody is going to get a great truck.
Old July 14th, 2016, 01:16 PM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
You should just put it on ebay. It will just get shit on here and your PM box will be full of low ball offers. You should post the screenshots of the lowballers here as well Good luck with sale. Somebody is going to get a great truck.
something to be said for a for sale section with no comments allowed...i miss LRX.com...
Old July 14th, 2016, 01:20 PM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
for the record i think the truck looks fantastic!!!!
john you are right - my comments should be deleted, mods have at it.

best of luck with the sale!
Old July 14th, 2016, 02:05 PM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgraham View Post
It's been a tough decision, but it’s time to part with my beloved Defender 90. This example has never been off-roaded or abused in any way, and is in overall exceptional condition. The only reason I’m selling it is because I don't drive it much anymore and have a new family addition (coming any day now), so I don't see the situation improving anytime soon. Vitals: 1994 Special Edition (1 of 100) 137,800 miles One-owner since 2002 / 30k miles (I think I'm the 3rd owner) Always garage kept / non-smoker Never off-roaded or abused in any way / no damage history No rust issues; this one has always been in middle TN where it rarely snows and even when it does, they rarely salt the roads! Features:[*]New BFGoodrich All-Terrain tires (they have maybe 15 miles on them)[*]New brake pads and booster[*]New power steering pump[*]Boost alloy wheels[*]1995 MY (Wynn’s) R-134a air conditioning[*]ARB brush bar[*]Safari Gard rear tire carrier[*]Fiberglass hard top[*]Station wagon doors (all genuine 2012 MY parts; with galvanized frames and new hinges)[*]XS-style leather seats[*]Rear jump seats[*]Borla stainless steel exhaust, stainless y-pipe[*]Stainless steel brake lines (with new pads)[*]Blue Polybush suspension bushings[*]Metal kick panel[*]Metal instrument binnacle bracket[*]Rear locking door[*]Probably more surprises that I'm forgetting about. Generally when something broke and there was a superior solution, that's the route I took. Original bits included:[*]BestTop soft top and all of the hardware removed for the fiberglass top[*]BestTop surrey top[*]Two-piece doors and windows, with stainless steel window studs and "Quick Nuts"[*] I *think* I know where the original leather seat covers are. They are worn (hence why the XS covers were installed), but could be used as a pattern. The only apologies are:[*]There's some wear on the tunnel padding near the accelerator pedal (thanks to my wide feet, see photos)[*]There is a repair to the fiberglass top's passenger side panel right at the window vertical seam. The top has been on there for years.[*]The 2nd gear synchro grinds a little if you try to treat it like a sports car. I don't. It'll come with a big folder of receipts and paperwork for everything I've bought under my tenure. I also kept service records in a spreadsheet that I will provide as well. The vehicle is located in Nashville, TN -- you can get in this D90 and drive it anywhere without a problem. Asking $55,000. Any questions, please let me know. Thanks! Travis
Very nice.
Old July 14th, 2016, 02:16 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avahdani View Post
Is it clear status? I recall the same truck listed couple of years ago and had a salvage title
Dude where do you get this crap from?
Old July 14th, 2016, 02:39 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
MY 94 SE was the one that had a salvage title.There were only 100 of these trucks with leather seats etc. Mine was a roll over in Texas with only light body damage. I replaced the required panels and drove it for years before selling it to a Valdez Alaska tugboat Capt. Truck only had 36k on it when I sold it. Maryland state police inspected the truck and issued a regular title for it.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Land Rover Shipment and Importation Service
Bespoke Restoration & Modification work

Old July 14th, 2016, 02:50 PM
AdamSanta85
Adam
91' D90 200TDI

Registry
Wow really nice truck. GLWS

The missing leather, ugly A bar and side sides would never both me if I had the budget for a truck like this.
Old July 14th, 2016, 03:04 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by st0k3d View Post
The missing leather, ugly A bar and side sides would never both me if I had the budget for a truck like this.
Exactly. First thing I would do is remove all that stuff. However, I'd keep it just in case! Then I would set it up just as you have it! Again, a beautiful 90.
Old July 14th, 2016, 05:39 PM
chuckc4
chuck b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avahdani View Post
Nushi, are you trying to create a questionable environment so you can get this truck for a low price and then flip it?

Really nice 90 Travis, GLWTS!
Old July 14th, 2016, 06:24 PM
Avahdani
Nushi
NONE

Beautiful truck. Congrats!

------ Follow up post added July 14th, 2016 04:27 PM ------

No sir, I am not in business of flipping like many in this site. It was just a question from owner and had no intention as I saw a similar truck 15 months ago. I hope I didn't insult the seller. This is a great truck and I am sure is going to a good home.
Old July 15th, 2016, 02:51 PM
bachus1369
Fremont Thompson
None

Smile I am interested

Dont know if you got my prior e-mail, I am interested at 45,000.00 since it has higher miles and the tranny needs looking into. I have the money and could drive down to nashville with car trailer and take it if it is as good as it seems to be. I would then send it to East Coast Rover to repair the tranny and the engine modifications that look like they have been done. ANy bulkhead or crossmember rust to speak of? My name is Monty 248 388 6781. I live in ths suburbs of Detroit
Old July 15th, 2016, 06:08 PM
tgraham
Travis Graham
1994 Defender 90

Registry
UPDATE:

Features:
- Mallory UNILITE distributor and resistor
- Range Rover Classic 11-blade fan and fan clutch
- replaced the thick paper-like intake tube with a Genuine rubber one. The original hit the trash bin ages ago.

Original bits included
- Original Lucas distributor and ignition module
- Original Defender 7-blade fan and clutch

That is the full extent of any "engine modifications" done to this vehicle. The wiring harness was not modified for the distributor installation. Drop in the old distributor and fan and you have a bone-stock setup.

Other notes (from PM questions and other recollections)
- you will find no rust issues on this car - it's very very clean inside and out.
- The SW door tumblers and tail gate lock have been keyed to the ignition. The ST door tumblers were not re-keyed, but the key for those is included, of course.
- I had an alignment done just before having these tires installed. I also made the tire shop (as always) balance the wheels without having to use weights on the outside. Call me fussy or particular, but those look awful and harm the finish.

Thanks for looking.

Travis

Old July 16th, 2016, 04:51 AM
bachus1369
Fremont Thompson
None

Travis D 90

I would like to come look, soonest I could we be the 22nd of July. I have afreind in Nashville so I could stay with her.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1994, 90, ac, defender, defender 90