1994 Defender 110 Camel Trophy project for sale - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old September 17th, 2009, 03:53 PM
rasfrank
Frank Rodriguez
1994 C.T.D110

1994 Defender 110 Camel Trophy project for sale

I am selling my genuine C.T. D-110. It was a marshall in the 1994 S.American event, and a pre-scout and a marshall in the 1995 Mundo Maya event. I brought a whole container of parts from England to help in a complete restoration. the chassis and axels have been restored with every seal and bearing being replaced.I have new body panels on it right now, but the original panels come in the sale. It's 200tdi needs to be reassimbled.A NEW R380 transmission comes w/ the deal along with the disasimbled original R380. New Brownchurch full roof rack w/ gas can holders. New C.T. badges and stickers come w/ the truck to be applied when the restoration is finished. If you are interested call and I can give you all the details on this amazing and rare vehicle. I also have a Sankey trailer(4'x8' bed) I will part w/ for $5000

price:$27,000

pictures will be atached ASAP (I have to reformat them and take a few better ones)

Frank Rodriguez H-540-955-0148
C-202-487-5551 rasfrank21@gmail.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 17th, 2009, 05:02 PM
redhummer96
Taylor
None

What's needed to complete the truck?
Old September 17th, 2009, 05:08 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Damn, that sounds awesome...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 17th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Buyrovers
Chuck Leimone
1984 Land Rover 110 Soft Top

Pics to cpleimone@yahoo.com when you get them ready.

Thanks,

C-
Old September 17th, 2009, 10:45 PM
rasfrank
Frank Rodriguez
1994 C.T.D110

Pics that I've reformatted so far. I also have restoration pics I can email
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00640c.jpg
Views:	747
Size:	448.2 KB
ID:	21577   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00641c.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	451.3 KB
ID:	21578  

Name:	DSC00642c.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	441.8 KB
ID:	21579   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00643c.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	446.1 KB
ID:	21580  

Name:	DSC00644c.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	404.7 KB
ID:	21581   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00646c.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	418.8 KB
ID:	21582  

Name:	DSC00645c.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	404.0 KB
ID:	21583   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00646c.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	418.8 KB
ID:	21584  

Old September 17th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Joe P
Joe Pfeiffer
Black 97 D-90ST #0605

It doesn't' look like any of those parts are from the original Camel Trophy truck. If you replace all the parts except the VIN is it still an original Camel Trophy truck? At least the original body panels come with sale.
Old September 17th, 2009, 11:28 PM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

This truck was for sale a while back and I had the pictures sent to me. As with most original camel trophy trucks, this truck took a severe beating on the two runs that it performed. If memory serves me correctly, there is documented proof that this was a scout and support truck for TWO Camel Trophys and is the ONLY truck to ever compete in two events (or at least the only one with proof of participation in two events). It spent the season between the two South American events in Belize.
In my opinion, the truck should be put back with the original camel trophy panels ... war wounds and all.
OR
at least the truck should be restored with new panels of original format and the original panels placed in shrine with the truck, ... and bolted on for CT reunions.

Sounds extreme, but I believe the value in these rare trucks is in the provenance and authenticity.

Would you take two eye teeth, a kidney, and ... what else can I come up with.

Dendy
Old September 18th, 2009, 08:11 AM
bitz
Jon
NAS D90, 85 D110 CSW, 66 Dormobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleRover
This truck was for sale a while back and I had the pictures sent to me. As with most original camel trophy trucks, this truck took a severe beating on the two runs that it performed. If memory serves me correctly, there is documented proof that this was a scout and support truck for TWO Camel Trophys and is the ONLY truck to ever compete in two events (or at least the only one with proof of participation in two events). It spent the season between the two South American events in Belize.
In my opinion, the truck should be put back with the original camel trophy panels ... war wounds and all.
OR
at least the truck should be restored with new panels of original format and the original panels placed in shrine with the truck, ... and bolted on for CT reunions.

Sounds extreme, but I believe the value in these rare trucks is in the provenance and authenticity.

Dendy
Couldn't agree more
Old September 18th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
As seen here: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ighlight=camel
Old September 18th, 2009, 08:50 AM
KevinNY
Kevin Buckley
1973 coiler

$5000 for a sankey, or for 5 sankeys?
Old September 18th, 2009, 09:44 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Quote:

Dendy

I agree, no need restore, just preserve.
Old September 18th, 2009, 09:51 AM
rasfrank
Frank Rodriguez
1994 C.T.D110

The Sankey is bad to the bone. Hydrilic brake behind the pintel hitch,adjustable suspension ,.side to side. This is the trailer that the British army pushes out of planes with their D-110. I've had 3000 lbs of hay in it,and you can't even feel it behind you.I switched it from 24volt to 12,all new wireing to a L.R. round plug.I think this on carried H2o and Kerosine in different tanks on each side.With one tank full ,the other empty,you can adjust w/ a crank and run level.I brought it over from England.
As for the Camel,it stayed in Belize after the 95 event and was out side sitting for quite a few years ,the bulkhead had major rust throughout,doors were rotted,and I made the decision to just replace the bulkhead,and start from there.The original fenders, roof panel,rear quarter panels are still in pretty good shape. Yes it Marshalled in two events ,but as a pre scout prior to the 95MMaya, It helped map the course for the 95 event.So it actually went thru that course twice. This vehicle deserves to be rebuilt to the higest standards,It's a piece of Camel Trophy history.It's had a good start,the chassis and axels are beautiful.I wish I could finish this thing,but it doesen't seem to be in the cards....
Old September 21st, 2009, 08:28 AM
TND90
Keith Allen
94 d90 ST

What is a properly restored CT 110 worth? Just curious.

Doc Holliday
Old September 21st, 2009, 07:57 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Shame is is getting rebuilt. I would have just made it run and pass inspection and left it as is.
Old November 18th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Heathbarcrunch
Heath Glassman
In-between Rovers

Whats the VIN Number of the vehicle?
Old November 21st, 2009, 12:23 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
OR

Dendy
Absolutely- replacing the panels is sacrilage. This is akin to taking a belt sander to an antique Philadelphia highboy. Perhaps the truck would draw more interest if you pictured the unique CT bits, the rear axe holder, the handmade light baskets @ the front of the roof rack, the interior/exterior roll cages etc...
If straight panels were desired, an different vehicle should have been used as a platform imho.
http://www.ejfm.com/HB119.html

I don't see a spec of sanglow anywhere

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 06:41 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

as a friend told me recently- "just because you have the Mona Lisa, doesn't mean you get to draw a mustache on her." Don't even think about it- don't even think about thinking about it....

Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:46 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I may be going to take a look at tonight since it's close. But from the pics and description, it's a CT 110 with replaced panels sitting on a rolling chassis. The engine is in pieces and the interior is gutted. I don't think it's worth more than $15k at this point.

Semper Fi!
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:38 AM
rasfrank
Frank Rodriguez
1994 C.T.D110

Like I said before the original panels come with the vehicle.They can be bolted back in place.They are all sandglo.There are no more major parts needed to finish the rebuild. A person w/ space and time (two things I am lacking right now).Properly done it will be worth more than 100k.I have put much more than $27,000 into it and wouldn't take a penny less. The person who gets it will realize what a deal they got.They will also have a one of a kind vehicle.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, 1994, defender 110