Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old April 15th, 2006, 05:03 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Exclamation 1994 D90 Yellow ST for rebuild project

No longer for sale

As most of the regulars know, late last year my 1994 D90 suffered an engine fire which has officially been written up as a failure with the gas line at the back of the engine. The fire basically destroyed anything plastic under the hood as well as all the wiring and air intake system. The mechanics that have looked at the truck say the engine itself is still good and can be reused if someone wants to rebuild the truck.

The fire broke through the bulkhead into the passenger cab on the passenger side, from both the air vent and looks like though holes in the bulk head behind the AC unit in the passenger foot-well so there is no hope of saving the AC unit as well as the passenger side of the dash.

Looks like all electronics from the right side of the drivers console will need to be replaced including the fuse panel in front of the diff selector. The wiring of what I can see of it behind the drivers console appears to be OK but I have not done any kind of testing of them.

The wonderful new front windshield I had replaced right before I moved down here will need to be replaced and I can not attest to the integrity of the windshield frame on the passenger side but it looks to be OK, just the windshield splintered from being heated by the fire and then rapidly cooled from the fire hoses water.

The front roll cage appears to be in good shape.

Truck still has the Badger I full top with rail kit and the gutter kit which amazingly suffered almost no effects from the fire. Aside from it needing to be removed and washed real good to get the smell out, there is only a slight discoloration on the inside just above the passenger gutter kit arches.

Heat inside the engine warped the hood and naturally the paint on the hood and right wing are shot. but the wing is definitely reusable, the hood could be as well is you don't mind an ugly hood.

There currently are no front seats in the truck but I have the set from my 97 I can put into the bundle.

I have the stock yellow sills for the truck but they are back in PA so if you need them, I might be going back to PA this summer for a visit and can ship them to you then.

No drive shafts on the truck at the moment but I have a stock set to include,
Springs will be removed, but have a set to toss on,
You will need to replace the rear shocks and possibly the fronts as I will be pulling them.
My Detroit in the rear will be pulled and replaced with a stock rear diff.
No front bumper and the grill is in rough shape from needing to pull it open to get to the hood latch.

I have the PA title in hand from before the fire so be aware, this was written off as a total loss by the TX insurance agency that handled this. Not sure if it will but I expect the title to come back as such.

I will take current pictures in the next few days and post them up. If you are interested in the whole truck, please email or PM me a cash offer. Please, no low ball offers or part out requests at this time, this listing is for the entire truck.

Right now the primary plan for the truck includes just the back half of it, a plasma cutter and breaking out the rest of whats not going to be used, for a giant parts sale, but I figure I would offer it as a whole first.

Truck is "as-is, where-is". You will need to make any transportation arrangements and costs associated with it. Since the truck is secured in a private residential location, naturally, I will assist in coordinating pick-up arrangements.

That's all I can think of at the moment. As I said above, I will try to get some current pictures this weekend.

No longer for sale

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2006, 10:33 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Thanks for the emails from those inquiring this weekend and this morning. Here are the latest pictures taken 04/18/06.

Some thing to note, the NTR bumperettes and the BP spare tire carrier mount you see at the back of the truck will not be included with the truck but the stock carrier will remain nor is the Rockware bumper/winch you see close to the truck. The hood looks crooked because its not fully closed. It does close fully.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	r_dsc01186.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	5498   Click image for larger version

Name:	r_dsc01188.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	5499  

Name:	r_dsc01189.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	5500   Click image for larger version

Name:	r_dsc01190.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	5501  

Name:	r_dsc01191.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	5502   Click image for larger version

Name:	r_dsc01192.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	5503  

Name:	r_dsc01194.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	5504   Click image for larger version

Name:	r_dsc01195.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	5505  

Name:	r_dsc01198.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	5506   Click image for larger version

Name:	r_dsc01199.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	5507  

Name:	r_dsc01201.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	5508   Click image for larger version

Name:	r_dsc01202.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	5509  

Name:	r_dsc01205.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	5510   Click image for larger version

Name:	r_dsc01206.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	5511  

Name:	r_dsc01207.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	5512   Click image for larger version

Name:	r_dsc01208.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	5513  

Name:	r_dsc01210.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	5514   Click image for larger version

Name:	r_dsc01211.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	5515  

Name:	r_dsc01213.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	5516   Click image for larger version

Name:	r_dsc01214.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	5517  

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1994, 90, d90, rebuild