1994 D90 ST 155k miles $25k - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old January 14th, 2010, 04:03 PM
RBees
Robert Bees
1994 D90 #8

1994 D90 ST 155k miles $25k

Photos are here. Any more that you may want to see that aren't there, let me know.

Price is $25k, fairly firm on that.

Selling my 1994 D90, in almost stock condition. The vehicle lives in Vermont, is garaged all winter and only driven by me a handful of times during the summer. I can't justify keeping it any more (at least, I can't justify to the powers that be!). It's probably only been driven 4000 miles in all that time. This is Defender #8 - one of the first. It has a couple of quirks - an auxiliary fuel tank with transfer pump, and a dual battery setup. I was told that the fuel tank setup was done by LR, but I'm not sure if that's true or not. There's a small switch on the steering column and a warning light that comes in in the instrument cluster when the pump is running.

All the work that has been done on the vehicle was done by Matt Browne at Overland Engineering in Maine. If you know Matt, I'm sure he'd be able to vouch for the vehicles strengths/flaws.

I have owned it about 3 years, and in that time I have:
-New R380 gearbox and transfer case
-New stock shocks and springs throughout
-New stepper motor, stepper motor cable
-New Badger top
-New carpet set
-New exmoor trim black vinyl drivers and passengers seats
-New stock rear tire carrier and new third brake light
-New door skins and new stainless hinges
-New rear step bumper
-New side sills
-Roll cage newly powdercoated
-Front bumper powdercoated
-Vehicle completely waxoyled underneath
-Rear hubs rebuilt
-New starter motor
-Other miscellaneous bits and pieces that I'd have to dig up the receipts on.

Vehicle also comes with a set of 4 alloy wheels that are fitted with Goodyear Workhorse 265/75 R16 tires, AND two Exmoor trim flip and fold REAR seats which have not been installed but are still brand new in their box. Seat belts are still in the vehicle from the original bench seat (which is also thrown in for good measure !). Lastly, I'll throw in a SPARE ECU.

Now for the bad bits...There is a slight ding on the drivers side behind the door above the sill. There is a photo on the gallery. The bonnet is a bit wavy, probably from pervious owners putting wheels onto the bonnet mount. The check engine light comes on - the fault code is 48 (Stepper Motor) and I believe it is something to do with base idle speed. The stepper motor and its cable are new, so I don't believe that to be a problem. The vehicle starts and runs well, though it does idle high when starting from cold and not allowed to warm up for a bit. I haven't put any time or $ into troubleshooting or fixing it. According to Matt the engine runs well and has good compression.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 14th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Jamie Deck
James Deck
95 Defender 90

were did you get your carpet set from????? Nice looking truck.
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:37 PM
RBees
Robert Bees
1994 D90 #8

Rovers Down South...I also put dynamat in the whole footwell area and up the sides of the seatbox under the carpet. On top of the carpet are some LR heavy duty rubber mats. Helps quite a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 7th, 2010, 09:54 AM
RBees
Robert Bees
1994 D90 #8

* bump *
Old April 22nd, 2010, 07:57 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

A nice rig that I very much enjoyed having at the shop. Good strong driver and very nicely refurbished. Very realistic price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old June 23rd, 2010, 07:03 AM
RBees
Robert Bees
1994 D90 #8

* BUMP *

Price reduced to $20k.
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:17 PM
wulfraat
Peter Wulfraat
2006 range rover

It was great talking the other day Robert. This is a fantastic value for someone looking for a well maintained and well-kept d90. I wish I had the funds but the timing just didn't work out. Best of luck with the sale.
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:18 AM
disco dog
Tracy Dwyer
2002 D110 TD5

pm sent
Old July 1st, 2010, 02:08 PM
rgrrvr
DJ Menasco is The Dude
1995 D90

can you post pics of the usual rust spots under the mats, door frames and chassis/rear x-member?
Old July 2nd, 2010, 09:39 AM
Frost
Frost
2006 Range Rover HSE

Is the truck still available?
Old July 6th, 2010, 11:38 AM
RBees
Robert Bees
1994 D90 #8

Truck is still available. Pictures of the footwells and door bottoms are posted with the other photos online at http://gallery.me.com/rbees#100111

Note the small spot of rust on the drivers side door bottom. Doors were completely rebuilt a few years ago with new skins and paint. Insides were Waxoyled by Matt Browne. The rust is just superficial. Footwells are rust free (again, Matt did some work on these) and were Dynamatted when I got it back from him and put in the carpets.

Check engine light is much more sporadic at this point. I'm coming to the conclusion that since I don't drive the truck for 6 months out of the year (in the winter), it isn't happy when it first get some use. As I've driven it more and more, it seems to become better and better. The CEL will stay off for a few hundred miles, then come on randomly at a stop light. Once reset it stays off again for a few hundred miles. I think it has something to do with the base idle adjustment. If the truck is run from cold for a minute or so before driving, idle is fine. If I jump in and drive off from a cold start without warming up, it idles high (like 1100).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1994, 90, d90