Have a red 1994 4.6L D90 I just don't drive enough ... 8 month old kid ... etc etc. Just dropped a new 4.6 into it and I'm not doing it justice. This D90 needs a owner who can drive the snot out of it. If I get the right buyer I might just sell it.
The 4.6 is a huge upgrade for anyone wanting an actual 5th gear. And if you live in California, you certainly want a 4.6 to take to into the Sierras.
1. 4.6 swap just completed in November 2011 by West Coast British. Has less than 100mi on it. 3.9 parts on top to deal with California "visual" inspection. New oil lines, radiator, starter etc. All work documented and the mechanic is top notch. Check out http://www.offroadexperience.com/wcb/
2. Trans also gutted, cleaned and serviced at same time. Added trans oil pump to maintain proper lube to gears. Toggle is located next to radio in the tuffy box.
3. Brand new ARB number and warn 8000 winch. Never been used. (makes me sad)
4. Brand new bilstiens and coils
5. Brand new Badger II top
6. New southdown axle, dif and steering skid plates (not installed, but your first project if you chose to buy)
7. Have some wheel spacers I never installed also avail
8. New CD+MP3+Ipod deck and sony speakers
9. New galv fasteners around
10. Pulled off tire rack and had it media blasted and powder coated ... not rust anymore
11. Tires have all their tread
12. Passed CA smog ... so will be good anywhere
The chassis has 108k+ miles ... again, the motor less than 100mi
The issues ... its a LR D90 so I would call this the "character" section:
1. Body wrinkle on the rear driver side panel behind the the wheel well. Pictures avail.
2. A/C needs to be recharged.
3. Sliding glass windows get a little sticky due to rubber vs. fabric channels
4. Need more miles to break
Asking $35,000 since this is essentially a new truck with all the engine, drivetrain and suspension work.
Exterior/Interior/Start up/Exhaust note: http://youtu.be/tktx1tBSmZg
Posting more videos if interested.