1993 NAS Defender 110 *Project* - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old September 25th, 2012, 01:41 PM
RoverBuild
Larry
1995 RRC LWB

1993 NAS Defender 110 *Project*

1993 NAS Defender 110 with clear title. This truck is completely disassembled. All parts that needed to be replaced have been discarded and new parts or new take off parts are ready to be installed including a new Galvanized frame. I know this is a very vague description and there is much more information available. Please email with inquiries. Please only serious interest. Many of us know what these trucks are worth when completed.

Note- This project was previously Jonathan Tisdales and unfortunately he never got the chance to complete it.

Email with questions info@british4x4.us
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 25th, 2012, 01:43 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
e-mailed. Cool project, especially when considering the previous owner. What's the asking price?
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:57 PM
lordhelemt
Paul
1995 D90 #2620 & NAS 110

Interested. Emailed
RIP 1994 D90 #999 (engine fire 2002). We'll miss you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 25th, 2012, 09:59 PM
jpc181818
james
1998 Discovery

Emailed as well
Old September 25th, 2012, 10:45 PM
jaygoss
Jay Goss
'60 Series II Station Wagon

can you just post the price please?
1971 SIIa SWB (sold)
2000 Disco SII (sold)
1995 RR Classic SWB TWR edition (sold)
Old September 26th, 2012, 11:05 AM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style

Registry
I know this truck back to front, as I did the dis-assembly and was responsible for the restoration work up until Tis's passing.

I have upwards of 700 - 1000 pics of this truck detailing the dis-assembly process and documenting every last fastener, odd part, bracket, flaw, oil pen mark (from the rover factory when it was assembled) even fastener mistakes that were made at the factory.

Tis was deeply involved in every aspect of the project until his health began to fail. This was his dream truck, and he had a very specific vision for it. I am greatly disappointed I never was able to finish this truck for Tis prior to his passing and I hope this truck goes to someone who will understand the significance and history of this truck and I would love to see it completed in his honor. I still have every piece of correspondence with him detailing his vision for this 110.
Old September 26th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Jpayne
Jeff Payne
'83 110 3 Door

Registry
I'm anxiously awaiting a reply from OP to get some details.
Old September 26th, 2012, 11:43 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Good luck with the sale. Carter, I think it would do everyone a lot of good if you were to post all of the pictures on a website or something. I don't know of anyone who has done that kind of documentation on a NAS 110.
Old September 26th, 2012, 07:24 PM
RoverBuild
Larry
1995 RRC LWB

We working on a Price guys and will be emailing everyone ASAP, with all of the details.
Old September 26th, 2012, 09:42 PM
mattarm
Matt
1993 D110

x2. I could use pics like those to aid in my reassembly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
Good luck with the sale. Carter, I think it would do everyone a lot of good if you were to post all of the pictures on a website or something. I don't know of anyone who has done that kind of documentation on a NAS 110.
Old September 27th, 2012, 06:28 PM
RoverBuild
Larry
1995 RRC LWB

Hey Guys we are thinking that this project should sell for about $22K, again I will follow up with everyone on the details of everything including pictures, but wanted to put a price out there so you had an idea of what we are thinking everything is worth.
Old September 27th, 2012, 06:36 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Aside from having to be put together, what's it missing? Had it already gone to paint for Eastnor Green or did he not get that far before he got sick?
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:22 PM
RoverBuild
Larry
1995 RRC LWB

Ok guys sorry for the delay, shortly after the first post I was contacted about interest in the project and have been corresponding with this person for the last two days. They have agreed to purchase the entire project and the sale was finalized today. Sorry for not being able to respond to everyone.
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:30 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

And I thought we were friends Larry!

Old September 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Well it certainly wasn't the first person who contacted you after you posted it here who got it, considering I e-mailed and called you within 5 minutes of you posting it and have been waiting on some simple answers ever since. Oh well. A worthy project for someone.

For everyone else. Its number 210/500 VIN SALDH128XPA920069

http://www.auctiondirectusa.com/rale...DH128XPA920069

Here's what it looked like when it was sold out of MA back in 2008 to John.

Hopefully one of his friends here got it and will do this build justice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-236884281.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	58146  
Old September 28th, 2012, 07:25 PM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
[QUOTE=rijosho;377322]Well it certainly wasn't the first person who contacted you after you posted it here who got it, considering I e-mailed and called you within 5 minutes of you posting it and have been waiting on some simple answers ever since. Oh well. A worthy project for someone.

WORD! I emailed him as well.
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Stormer
JP
2008 RRSC

Registry
As did I.
Old September 28th, 2012, 10:44 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Yeah, but I e-mailed the info@ the larry@ e-mail addresses, and called (no answer) and left a message (got an e-mail back), plus you don't need anymore trucks.
Old September 29th, 2012, 09:05 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Hmmm, in todays world of technology, folks can sometimes think they 'know' something, when if fact they are surmising. Unless you were around when Tis bought his white 90, and can remember him and Larry doing the auto conversion over the weekend in Tis' driveway, I dare say it is unwarranted to be accusing Larry of unfair practices. Also, suffice it to say, the family entrusted Larry to gather, store and ultimately sell the project- which should say volumes as well. Post counts do not make someone an expert on these vehicles, or on people's credibility. So, unless you 'know' ALL the facts, let's quit the accusations and keep this forum to a higher standard- standards that respect it's members- new, old, and gone...
Or as your mother should have said, "if you don't have something nice to say, keep your pie hole shut, or it may attract flies".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 29th, 2012, 09:59 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader
Hmmm, in todays world of technology, folks can sometimes think they 'know' something, when if fact they are surmising. Unless you were around when Tis bought his white 90, and can remember him and Larry doing the auto conversion over the weekend in Tis' driveway, I dare say it is unwarranted to be accusing Larry of unfair practices. Also, suffice it to say, the family entrusted Larry to gather, store and ultimately sell the project- which should say volumes as well. Post counts do not make someone an expert on these vehicles, or on people's credibility. So, unless you 'know' ALL the facts, let's quit the accusations and keep this forum to a higher standard- standards that respect it's members- new, old, and gone...
Or as your mother should have said, "if you don't have something nice to say, keep your pie hole shut, or it may attract flies".
I didn't say anything wrong here. I didn't accuse him of unfair practices either - as I said if a very worthy person got it or a friend of Tis' then that's awesome! But the communication to the rest of us was terrible.

There were a ton of us interested in this and he focused on one person while some simple questions were left unanswered to the rest of us. After e-mailing and calling/leaving VM all I got was an e-mail "your questions will be answered tomorrow" which never happened. If he was just going to focus on one person then he should have just let us know that instead of leaving us hanging here. Nothing to his credibility, just that some simple questions were never answered and the communication was lacking.

All of that info on the truck I found out on my own, because it was never provided.

Love it when people mention post count, as if I ever reference that as making me some expert.

What happened to Tis' shouldn't happen to anyone, and I hope that this truck can be built back up to the glory he had intended.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, defender, defender 110, nas