1993 NAS Defender 110 *Project* - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old October 5th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

A destroyed half shaft....

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 5th, 2012, 03:12 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

Omerta around the buyer's name...
Don't get too curious or we will send
a couple of lucas electrical components
to your place.
Old October 5th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD
Omerta around the buyer's name...
Don't get too curious or we will send
a couple of lucas electrical components
to your place.
Imagine opening a postal box with a few burned out headlamp switches and relays. That would get my attention!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 5th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
A destroyed half shaft....
x2 Preferably out of a series.
Old April 8th, 2013, 02:58 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
As I said, I have the utmost respect for whomever will be taking on this project, and I hope they have the same. I wouldn't have contacted him if I wasn't serious, as he said only those with serious interest should contact him...

So it's been 6 months - what ever happened to this truck? Has any of it been put back together yet?
Old April 8th, 2013, 03:16 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

You sure you want to ask here? I don't think jcb can delete comments on this thread.
Old April 9th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
Quote:
So it's been 6 months - what ever happened to this truck? Has any of it been put back together yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
You sure you want to ask here? I don't think jcb can delete comments on this thread.

I know that there are a lot of friends and acquaintances of Jonathanís here in our community that are interested to know the whereabouts and progress of his NAS 110 project. I know that the sale of the 110 was a difficult decision for his family, but I feel safe in saying that it brought them some comfort to know that the truck was going to an individual that wasnít a stranger to his family, and who is just as enthusiastic about the vehicle as Jonathan was. I know that many of you have speculated, even now, about whom you believe to be the new owner.

Well, the truth is, that because so many of us have such an intense emotional connection to both the 110 and Jonathanís memory, the 110ís new caretaker made the decision, even before purchasing the project, to remain anonymous. If you think about, Iím sure you can understand this reasoning. And though Iím sure that, with little effort, there are those of you who could trace the 110ís current residence, Iím not sure that resolving that issue for oneís own personal benefit would do any justice to Jonathanís memory.

While I will not divulge to you who the new owner is, what I can tell you is this; the new owner has the utmost respect for the 110, for Jonathanís legacy, and for what it represents to our Land Rover family. All of the parts of the 110 are together in one secure location and have been sorted, evaluated, and cataloged for their use in resurrecting the truck and bringing it back to life. While very close to a complete project in terms of parts, there were some missing and misc. parts that will have to be replaced with new. It is a project, and as with most Land Rover projects, it will take time and care to restore. The new owner has taken such consideration and has no intention of rushing things. But, I can assure you that when the project has been completed, its whereabouts will be made known to the community. I know that we are all eager to see that day!

And Barry, though not necessarily related, in response to your comment above, I can definitively state that the 110 being built for jcb is not Jonathanís old 110.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please feel free to visit my website at:

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:48 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
I'm not sure I understand the motives/reasoning behind wanting to remain anonymous. Or why the truck was put up for sale in the first place if a buyer had already been hand selected.

How about some pics of it in its current state so that we can all enjoy the rebirth of this truck together.
Old April 9th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

I know for a fact that his 90 is being delivered as we speak to his father, who I know has been waiting for its arrival! We did some work on it and it is ready to rock and roll once again!!! I never had the opportunity to meet him in person, but having the opportunity to work on his truck, I know for a fact he had great taste in trucks!!
Old April 9th, 2013, 03:51 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand the motives/reasoning behind wanting to remain anonymous. Or why the truck was put up for sale in the first place if a buyer had already been hand selected.
The motives and reasoning? How about, "it's a private sale". Nobody has any obligation to divulge anything. Perhaps it's a reseller who wants to remain anonymous because they're going to build it and flip it and don't care for a bunch of D90 Source smack-talk. Perhaps they wrote in immediately with a high offer (as opposed to "questions"). Perhaps it's just one of the many Defender fans who enjoy these trucks without any urge to participate on this board. There are lots of them out there.
Old April 9th, 2013, 03:58 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post

The motives and reasoning? How about, "it's a private sale". Nobody has any obligation to divulge anything. Perhaps it's a reseller who wants to remain anonymous because they're going to build it and flip it and don't care for a bunch of D90 Source smack-talk. Perhaps they wrote in immediately with a high offer (as opposed to "questions"). Perhaps it's just one of the many Defender fans who enjoy these trucks without any urge to participate on this board. There are lots of them out there.
Chris

Read the entire thread before posting. The way this truck was listed, then the hostility that came out about questions really made no sense. Asking for info especially if you are horsey is normal for the board.

I hope the truck went to someone who really enjoys it and it sucks it came from a tragedy. I'm glad the family got the 90 back just as I'm happy brads family is keeping his 90.

As for my mistake with "oats" I apologize. I will mock him in his registry since he clearly has a massive chip on his shoulder.
Old April 9th, 2013, 04:11 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Chris

Read the entire thread before posting. The way this truck was listed, then the hostility that came out about questions really made no sense. Asking for info especially if you are horsey is normal for the board.
I can't speak for the hostility from others but surely Josh and others know that you have to leap quickly if you are truly serious in scoring a deal. Writing in with questions is not the way to win something like this. My guess is that someone wrote in quickly with a large cash offer and it was done. I'm not defending the hostile responses but I certainly empathize with the seller, just trying to get the most cash out of it for the least amount of hassle.
Old April 9th, 2013, 04:29 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
surely Josh and others know that you have to leap quickly if you are truly serious in scoring a deal.
You're getting back into stuff that was already discussed earlier in the thread - you can see I responded here within a minute or two of him posting it here. I then called his shop (no answer) and left a message, then e-mailed him on the main shop e-mail account and his personal one as well ... all within 5 minutes.
Old April 9th, 2013, 07:50 PM
jcb-memphis
Jeff B.
None

Quote:

Chris

I hope the truck went to someone who really enjoys it and it sucks it came from a tragedy. I'm glad the family got the 90 back just as I'm happy brads family is keeping his 90.

As for my mistake with "oats" I apologize. I will mock him in his registry since he clearly has a massive chip on his shoulder.
Apology accepted.

Why do you have a need to mock me?

The only "chip" is to get treated with courtesy. I feel bullied by you.

Jeff
110 hybrid (from a 90) NAS Defender "Oates" #1597
2002 D2 SE "Very Disco" (sold)
1993 RRC LWB "The Beast" (sold)
Old April 9th, 2013, 08:25 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis View Post

Apology accepted.

Why do you have a need to mock me?

The only "chip" is to get treated with courtesy. I feel bullied by you.

Jeff
I have nothing against you. I just think your constant deletion of your registry if anyone asks a question about your truck is crazy. Go post pictures on Flickr instead of a forum if you want to control people asking you about your build.
Old April 9th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Rover110
Steve
1993 Defender 110 NAS #472

Two jerks, too funny
Old April 9th, 2013, 09:57 PM
jcb-memphis
Jeff B.
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover110 View Post
Two jerks, too funny
No offense meant rover110 or anyone else.

Post away on the registry for Oates.

First beer Barry if we meet is on me.

-------------------
110 hybrid (from a 90) NAS Defender "Oates" #1597
2002 D2 SE "Very Disco" (sold)
1993 RRC LWB "The Beast" (sold)
Old April 9th, 2013, 10:07 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis View Post
No offense meant rover110 or anyone else.
He meant Chris and Barry
Old April 9th, 2013, 10:10 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

*group hug*

*pops cork on bottle of 90wt*
Old April 9th, 2013, 10:38 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Chris and I are best friends. We play canasta Monday nights.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, defender, defender 110, nas