Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:10 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAS Fan View Post
Hi,

New to the forum.... this is the best thread ever !
This should be good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:18 AM
Nas93
John votta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf

This should be good.
To all the comedians who are obsessed with the virtues of honesty, please see your local used car dealer. To bad there are no serious buyers to come up with the cash. Most comedians like to talk cuz words are cheap. I bet you weenies couldn't come up with enough money to buy a set of tires for a 110 cuz you have no life but forums, 7800 post ????, and I bet you all got tons of friends on Facebook. Hey pal you need to get a life.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3396416848.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	56304.
I LOVE this picture
Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:29 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas93 View Post
To all the comedians who are obsessed with the virtues of honesty, please see your local used car dealer. To bad there are no serious buyers to come up with the cash. Most comedians like to talk cuz words are cheap. I bet you weenies couldn't come up with enough money to buy a set of tires for a 110 cuz you have no life but forums, 7800 post ????, and I bet you all got tons of friends on Facebook. Hey pal you need to get a life.

Attachment 56304.
I LOVE this picture
Awesome response. Glad you addressed the issues with the truck.

I'm not on facebook. Buy a 110, I'm too poor to even own a computer. I do all my posting from the library.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:30 AM
Nas93
John votta

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAS Fan
Hi,

New to the forum.... this is the best thread ever !
If you ain't a die hard defender AdDick you won't last, The'll call you a newbie. So if I was you I would sit back and grab some popcorn cause tomorrows episode will be twice as funny. Or you money back !!!!
Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:50 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
If you ain't a die hard defender AdDick you won't last, The'll call you a newbie. So if I was you I would sit back and grab some popcorn cause tomorrows episode will be twice as funny. Or you money back !!!!
Not true at all. Everyone has to start somewhere. We are only merciless to dealers who come here with bullshit stories and rusty trucks.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 05:33 AM
GaryBaxter
Gary Baxter
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsD90 View Post
I see the photo i posted came up as a bad link, oh well, it really wasn't important, the post can be deleted if anyone cares.
Oddly, it looks like a bunch of garbled characters in IE but in Safari, I can see the image.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:29 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

Quote:
I bet you weenies couldn't come up with enough money to buy a set of tires for a 110 cuz you have no life but forums,
Attachment 56304.
I LOVE this picture
speaking of which........those shitty original tyres should come off. If your driving around on 19 yr old rubber you are pretty much asking for trouble (I know that is your style, but please consider the others on the road).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:41 AM
Nas93
John votta

Quote:
Originally Posted by d90boy
john dont forget to tell all the nice people all the other details too. =)
Good morning too all so Keith tell all the nice people the real story ..... Ok I will then

Hi Keith, thought your post was worthy of a reply and hopefully we can end the bickering. Lets get the facts straight. First, we asked what you would pay after going through all the discussions, you CAR FAXED the truck, and going through all the documentation. After many times of trying to get a number out of you, all you would say is you can't pay 75K and wouldn't come back with any number When we dropped the price considerably, you still could not commit to a buy. As for telling us to leave after 1 hours, that is pure BS. A good hour my dad was chatting with your boss the owner, about everything in general including classic cars and seemed to be getting along great. Our meeting ended without you making a counter offer and how every one ends up selling to Copley.
As for giving you a headache after an hour and a half, I think your a little confused on the truth or you love pain. An hour later you called my dad and said stop going to all the dealers because there calling you. We went to one LR dealer, who apparently did call you, and my dad said not a problem and said he would make sure any other dealer will be told not to bother you. Additionally we dropped the price again which should have netted Copley a 20K + profit at the prices they sell these trucks. You said you have to check with the owner and will get back to us. You didn't even have the courtesy or smart business sense to return that call. OK, now that conversation should not take more than two or three minuets, so we gave you such a headache, why did you keep my dad on the phone so long that he pulled over and talked to you for over a half hour. Who gave who the headache.
If you were up front with us and knocked off your BS, I'm sure we would have struck a deal that would have turned Copley a good return and the 110 would have gone to someone who would appreciate a great truck..... =}
Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:51 AM
ssbartley1
Steve Bartley
1997 SW #160

Registry
So....if you talk people in real life, like you do on forums...are you really all that shocked they didnt want to buy it from you, even after you dropped the price several times chasing a sale?

You're already showing your cards that you are desperate to sell...and really -- you're out of touch if you honestly believe that people on this forum couldnt buy a 110. Get real brother.

Do your father and that Land Rover a favor...shut your mouth. You are only hurting your chances of selling that thing.

Quote:
Good morning too all so Keith tell all the nice people the real story ..... Ok I will then

Hi Keith, thought your post was worthy of a reply and hopefully we can end the bickering. Lets get the facts straight. First, we asked what you would pay after going through all the discussions, you CAR FAXED the truck, and going through all the documentation. After many times of trying to get a number out of you, all you would say is you can't pay 75K and wouldn't come back with any number When we dropped the price considerably, you still could not commit to a buy. As for telling us to leave after 1 hours, that is pure BS. A good hour my dad was chatting with your boss the owner, about everything in general including classic cars and seemed to be getting along great. Our meeting ended without you making a counter offer and how every one ends up selling to Copley.
As for giving you a headache after an hour and a half, I think your a little confused on the truth or you love pain. An hour later you called my dad and said stop going to all the dealers because there calling you. We went to one LR dealer, who apparently did call you, and my dad said not a problem and said he would make sure any other dealer will be told not to bother you. Additionally we dropped the price again which should have netted Copley a 20K + profit at the prices they sell these trucks. You said you have to check with the owner and will get back to us. You didn't even have the courtesy or smart business sense to return that call. OK, now that conversation should not take more than two or three minuets, so we gave you such a headache, why did you keep my dad on the phone so long that he pulled over and talked to you for over a half hour. Who gave who the headache.
If you were up front with us and knocked off your BS, I'm sure we would have struck a deal that would have turned Copley a good return and the 110 would have gone to someone who would appreciate a great truck..... =}
"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old August 23rd, 2012, 08:05 AM
Nas93
John votta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbartley1
So....if you talk people in real life, like you do on forums...are you really all that shocked they didnt want to buy it from you, even after you dropped the price several times chasing a sale?

You're already showing your cards that you are desperate to sell...and really -- you're out of touch if you honestly believe that people on this forum couldnt buy a 110. Get real brother.

Do your father and that Land Rover a favor...shut your mouth. You are only hurting your chances of selling that thing.
No rush to sell this truck It will sell everything sells. Especially a truck that they only imported 500. It's only hurting Copley they were only $5000 away from a deal, if it was me and I was in Copley shoes I would has bought the truck to get rid of me. Because these post will be on the world wide web Forever..... Oh I have another photo....

Name:	image-3319012523.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	56306
Old August 23rd, 2012, 08:14 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas93

No rush to sell this truck It will sell everything sells. Especially a truck that they only imported 500. It's only hurting Copley they were only $5000 away from a deal, if it was me and I was in Copley shoes I would has bought the truck to get rid of me. Because these post will be on the world wide web Forever..... Oh I have another photo....
You do realize no one gives a shit that you are bashing Copley, right? And your reference to all this being on web forever has more of an impact on your idiotic diatribe making you look like an idiot forever.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old August 23rd, 2012, 08:24 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas93

Basically John you think people owe you what you want. And if they don't give you that you bad mouth them.
Nice.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 08:25 AM
founD90
Dr. Gonzo
1994 D90 #48

Quote:
I LOVE this picture
You know, you are the baby, right?

Please go someplace else to flip your truck, trolling gets old.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	scumbag.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	56310  
Old August 23rd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Ron Mexico
Ryan
LR3

Quote:

What a fucking mess. If your dad had any sense, he'd slap the shit out of you until you knew better...
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:07 AM
mlorman
Mark Lorman
95 ST #2782

John
Your mindless banter is actually doing you more harm than good. Just think for a second. Do you really think that insulting Barry or Keith / Copley is going to do you or your sale any good? There is north of a 100% chance that whomever is going to buy your rust box will either know someone on this board or ask someone from this board for advice. Do us all a favor and pack it up and head back to the pawn shop.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:23 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I go to sleep and so much happens.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
So what is the price now? You have originally posted it at $75K then tell us all how you dropped it for a sale to Copley....several times. With a $20K profit for them.

Seems to me that even if someone was willing to buy it The asking price is around $40K now. For a vehicle of dubious quality and a seller who seems to be out of touch.

Holy shit........good luck selling it.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:56 AM
trumphair
Martin
97-D90

I'll give you $40,100.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:58 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I am still floored the guy mentioned the original owners dead wife. Is it officially okay to make jokes about that yet?
Old August 23rd, 2012, 11:51 AM
DMSLongLake
Dave Sherwood
1994 D90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf
I am still floored the guy mentioned the original owners dead wife. Is it officially okay to make jokes about that yet?
Yes.

Current Rovers:
1994 D-90 ST #734
2006 LR3
2016 RRS

Past Rovers:
1997 Disco I
1988 Range Rover 40th Anniversary
1999 Disco II
1995 D-90 ST #2731
1997 Range Rover 4.6 HSE Vitesse
2003 Range Rover HSE