Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101stAirborne View Post
Cool! Thanks

I ask because I didn't see any vents in the photos
The vents were in the upper/middle dash section for NAS 110s, but as with a few other details on this truck, they were removed and replaced with something else.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 01:41 PM
101stAirborne
Battle Ewing
1997 D90 LE 255/300

Registry
That's what I was afraid of. In Mississippi, air conditioning is essential in the summer!
Old October 23rd, 2013, 04:40 PM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffCA View Post
Due to recent major life changes, I have to let my 110 go to a new home. It is not preferable, but it is what it is. *Purchased in 2007 with 92K on the clock and a 4.6 with 4-5K from new. Just shy of 109K now. *LT77 with a gear ratio of 4.71 - at least that's what I've been told. *No issues with CDL. Operational lockers front and rear. Onboard air using the compressor from the AC - works well. *Brand new aluminum radiator with stainless fittings/lines. *Stainless oil cooler lines. *Dual battery set-up with shut-off switch. *New clutch master and slave within last 3 years. *GBR axles front and rear. Fronts = GBR's Stage II (brand new) with the HD CVs, all mated to a Maxi-Drive Engineering axle. *Custom front and rear bumpers. Side sills with air reservoirs. *Locking storage boxes mounted in place of rear jump seats (all seats included as well). *Stock 110 roof rack with chicken-coop floor. *Superwinch with remote and older synthetic line. Functions flawlessly. *Newer BFG KM2s (x5) - 255/85's on stock 16" wheels. *Brand new Bilstein shocks and OME coils all around. *Diamond plate wing and bonnet protection. *Minimal surface rust only - door bottoms/sides (see below). Full disclosure statement: *3/4 rollover accident on icy road in February 2013. No frame damage, body only. Not totaled by insurance. Not a salvage title. All repair work done by City Body Repair in San Jose, CA. Work completed May 2013. I have all corresponding documentation. *New body parts: non-sunroof roof with alpine windows; bonnet; driver door. *Work done: all dents removed from panels/doors; new custom insulated headliner; complete respray in alpine white with flat black accents added, including all 5 wheels; rust in doors (x3) treated and sprayed. Truck is tight and runs well. More info and pictures on request. $65K OBRO Contact me via PM or email at m DOT griffiths AT sbcglobal DOT net
Can you take a picture of the "on board" air con?
Old October 24th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Is this the same 110? I took this picture in 2004.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_2986.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	82784  

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old October 24th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
Is this the same 110? I took this picture in 2004.
My guess is... definitely.
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:31 PM
GriffCA
Mark G
NAS 110

Registry
yes, on the AC being standard question.

below is a picture of the air configuration.

That is absolutely the same truck in that pic. Cool! I had not seen that one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131016_121914_326.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	82844  
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:34 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
yes, on the AC being standard question.

below is a picture of the air configuration.

That is absolutely the same truck in that pic. Cool! I had not seen that one.
And the plaque number is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Hey Mark, can you confirm the badge number on it? We have another user here who also says he owns NAS Defender 110 367/500 - also who replaced the rear lights and what were they replaced with? I have a feeling that those lights may be one of the main things deterring people from an otherwise cool-looking NAS 110. I can only assume the lights have been on there for many many years, and that's how ECR was able to so quickly identify it from back in the day.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=42817
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Jesse and Matt Brown were partners in BW Overland. Jesse did all sorts of cool modifications to this truck.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old October 24th, 2013, 01:39 PM
GriffCA
Mark G
NAS 110

Registry
Was waiting for this question...

I investigated the plaque deal when I bought it. The vin matches to 367, but the plaque says 366. I was told by a number of people I inquired with that #366 burned (correct me someone if I'm wrong) and for some yet unknown reason, that plaque was put on what is now my truck.

I would love more info on this personally. Jesse Ware was one of the original owners and I can't recall what his explanation was, if he had one (I can't remember at present).

Not sure who put the tail lights in. I agree that those can be a detractor for some, but they could be converted.

------ Follow up post added October 24th, 2013 10:41 AM ------

fyi, that loose wire in the picture is simply the tube for the K&N breather that was mounted to the front cage and was removed when the truck was refurbished post-accident.
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:51 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
The vin matches to 367, but the plaque says 366.
If you're talking about what LRFAQ states the VIN to badge number as, it's not a precise science. I've seen probably 10 trucks at least at this point that didn't match up to the VIN data LRFAQ provided.
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:53 PM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
If you're talking about what LRFAQ states the VIN to badge number as, it's not a precise science. I've seen probably 10 trucks at least at this point that didn't match up to the VIN data LRFAQ provided.
really?
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:56 PM
GriffCA
Mark G
NAS 110

Registry
Yes, I am. Well, what's another method for confirmation?

And, for the record, I'm not pulling any BS here. I am reporting everything I know about this truck to the best of my knowledge. I expect full disclosure when I'm buying, so I give it in return. This truck is as presented and, on the positive side, we do know a fair amount of its history.

I admit that this situation is an odd one, but, then again, maybe it isn't in the world of Rovers, especially Defenders.
Old October 24th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
As stated above, the 110 in my picture was when it was Jesse Ware's and there is also a picture of he/himself somewhere from that MAR!

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old October 25th, 2013, 05:34 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

Hey Doug, Browne has an E on the end....lol

I spent a lot of time in / on that rig.

------ Follow up post added October 25th, 2013 05:42 AM ------

I believe the "AC" compressor being used is actually a bought item . I forget who makes them but we used to use them on a lot of builds. Then again maybe it was the compressor.....that seems like another lifetime ago, and sometimes even last week seems a little foggy!.

Im still curious as to what happened to the 4.0 that was used to replace the 3.9 that sawed itself in half. If it just fell apart please let me know......I can take it. I get very little long term feedback lol.

new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old October 25th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

I wheeled with Jesse when he had that truck. It had portholes on the hood if I recall correctly. Alternator failed once and we kept charging that battery using jumper cables....
Ps Like Matt I like the E at the end of my name. But we ain't related afaik

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old October 25th, 2013, 05:47 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

Jesse purchased that truck in a bidding war with Val Kilmer. Hows that for inside info. Call him and see if he's still interested.......

.....and were is Jesse? Im sure he's got some good comments.......or perhaps he's waiting till after the sale (nothing bad)

------ Follow up post added October 25th, 2013 05:56 AM ------

Brings back some memories for sure, That truck was the real deal. Jesse wasnt scared to use it, and it wasnt for the grocery run on Nantucket......Lots of good history. It was maintained to the highest of professional standards regardless of cost. Worth every penny of the asking price and then some.

new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old October 25th, 2013, 01:25 PM
GriffCA
Mark G
NAS 110

Registry
Thanks for chiming in Matt. I actually spoke to you once when I was first looking to buy the truck. Was trying to get a hold of Jesse at the time.

Yeah, the truck has seen its share of time on the trails, including with me... not so much with the two owners before me. In fact, the guy I bought it from, who lives near Denver, had it in his temp-controlled garage. He'd made a bunch of money and was accumulating vehicles, at least until money became an issue. He had it listed on ebay and I bought it off him directly, i.e. no bid, just an offer than he took.

It's been a great truck. Never had any issues other than maintenance and replacements of worn parts like the clutch. It's unique for sure as far as 110s go.

Yes, this truck has the vented hood. I was dented a little in the rollover last February and I replaced it with new. Debated about whether to go with vents again and was considering a louver set-up instead - better looking and perhaps better draw.

Shinola... I was already on the fence about selling. I don't have to. Was planning to use the money toward a house. But who needs a house when you've got this thing, right? I'll just park it next to my van down by the river.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, d110, nas