Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old January 8th, 2017, 12:12 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
I'm still looking for a pair of those bars for my 94' ST if anyone is selling.
hit me up...
Advertisement

Old January 8th, 2017, 11:41 PM
co82
Doug
1997 NAS ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
As mentioned, clear Carfax and HI title, and clear OR title received by me.
Not quite. Carfax reports an accident based on a "damage disclosure" from Oregon by October 2003. It could be from the theft recovery, as you mention, but the Carfax isn't 100% clean.

With that said, Carfax reports a clean title throughout this truck's entire history.
Old January 9th, 2017, 01:59 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by co82 View Post
Not quite. Carfax reports an accident based on a "damage disclosure" from Oregon by October 2003. It could be from the theft recovery, as you mention, but the Carfax isn't 100% clean. With that said, Carfax reports a clean title throughout this truck's entire history.
Interesting. I haven't seen the carfax since I bought the truck. I knew the theft didn't show, and neither did any title issues. Theft was in 2006, so I'm not sure what accident damage would have been reported. Can you post the carfax?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 9th, 2017, 09:07 AM
co82
Doug
1997 NAS ST

Quote:
Interesting. I haven't seen the carfax since I bought the truck. I knew the theft didn't show, and neither did any title issues. Theft was in 2006, so I'm not sure what accident damage would have been reported. Can you post the carfax?
Here you go!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 9.04.20 AM.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	191105   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 9.04.29 AM.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	191113  

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 9.04.37 AM.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	191121  
Old January 9th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Thanks. I think the damage disclosure was some hail damage back in 2003. Unfortunately a lot of the history of the truck was relayed second hand and over the phone from the PO to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old January 9th, 2017, 11:08 AM
co82
Doug
1997 NAS ST

Quote:
Thanks. I think the damage disclosure was some hail damage back in 2003.

Unfortunately a lot of the history of the truck was relayed second hand and over the photo from the PO to me.
I wouldn't be surprised if the accident was very minor or, indeed, hail. Usually when Carfax reports an accident, it has an actual date of an accident and at least some description of what happened -- this one just says "Damage report," suggesting (to me) something less serious.
Old January 9th, 2017, 12:34 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
If I were in the market this wouldn't bother me. Unless this was going to be a show car to win trophies, the history is really a moot point if title is clean. I'd rather have this one vs one that has extreme rust cancer like many do.
When I bought my D90 people were hysterical about the odometer not working, even though it was documented with miles. Get over the carfax stuff, they don't make these anymore, get your carfax on that Honda your wife's been begging you for.
GLWS
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
1995 Range Rover Classic (sold)
1996 Discovery I (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Old January 9th, 2017, 12:37 PM
co82
Doug
1997 NAS ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeCinYa View Post
If I were in the market this wouldn't bother me. Unless this was going to be a show car to win trophies, the history is really a moot point if title is clean. I'd rather have this one vs one that has extreme rust cancer like many do.
When I bought my D90 people were hysterical about the odometer not working, even though it was documented with miles. Get over the carfax stuff, they don't make these anymore, get your carfax on that Honda your wife's been begging you for.
GLWS
I agree. Nonetheless, when someone says "Clean Carfax" and this is materially untrue, I believe it is still worth pointing out.

Not that I believe there was any ill intent on Wolf's part. Just wanted to clear it up. After all, a representation that a vehicle has something, when it does not, could be grounds for a lawsuit later - even in an as-is used car sale.
Old January 9th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by co82 View Post
I agree. Nonetheless, when someone says "Clean Carfax" and this is materially untrue, I believe it is still worth pointing out. Not that I believe there was any ill intent on Wolf's part.
I fully apologize. It was a mistake on my part to say "clean carfax." I honestly had not looked at the carfax in over a year and assumed it was clean. Anyone can pull a carfax and see what you did, so it'd be stupid to knowingly lie about the carfax. That's kinda like Trump saying the Russians didn't hack the DNC.

I still can't find the one I downloaded last year, but I knew that there were no title issues. If any buyer has any issues with the carfax, I'll knock off a few thousand and buy them a keg of their favorite brew.

New Defender Source price: $83k shipped to the west coast, plus a keg of beer.

Semper Fi!
Old January 9th, 2017, 01:41 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Why are you selling it?

Old January 9th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90 View Post
Why are you selling it?
It's not getting used and is sitting in my garage. No wheeling or car camping on Oahu. Plus I'm likely getting orders to Germany in 2018, and the truck would be sold before then anyway.

This truck is no kidding a very nice NAS110 and isn't a basket case of rust or other issues. The new 2.8 instal with new tranny and tcase was very well done. I have full confidence in this truck and wouldn't hesitate taking it on a long overland. It hasn't given me any trouble since I got it, other than an exhaust/intake gasket.

I'm in no rush to sell and will continue to enjoy it on the short trips with the wife and kids.

Semper Fi!
Old January 9th, 2017, 02:35 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

If I sell mine, I will pick up yours...

Old January 20th, 2017, 10:53 PM
girlrvr
jeanne
none

hi. how's the sales going, i.e., is it still available?
Old January 20th, 2017, 11:06 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlrvr View Post
hi. how's the sales going, i.e., is it still available?
Lots of PMs and a few offers, but still available.

Semper Fi!
Old January 24th, 2017, 11:40 PM
girlrvr
jeanne
none

ok .. that's good to know :-)
are you needing to sell quickly/soon?

i am not ready to pull to trigger quickly but am doing some deep thinking about it :-) i have wanted a 110 NAS for decades ...

btw, i don't think i can PM yet (it seems that i have to have 10 public posts before the forum let's) so i'll keep in touch here if anything on my side progresses.

thx
Old March 5th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Sunday morning bump. Truck is now on CL, eBay, and ExPo.

Cheers

Semper Fi!
Old March 9th, 2017, 10:28 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Bump. Price drop down to $79,500, with free shipping to west coast port.

Semper Fi!
Old March 10th, 2017, 11:15 AM
girlrvr
jeanne
none

just wanted to let anyone who is interested know that i was in honolulu recently and got to see the truck in person.

this is one *fine truck.

i am *no LR expert, but, imho, the truck looks great, runs great and you can tell has been well taken care of.
i passed because of the whole "getting a diesel through CA DMV" conundrum (i live in CA) but, again imho, if you are looking for a 110 NAS, you should definitely consider looking at this one. it breaks my heart that i can't buy.

GLWS !
Old March 13th, 2017, 11:28 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Bump. I'd consider a trade for a 911 turbo (993 or 997 coupe)

Semper Fi!
Old March 13th, 2017, 11:54 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Bump. I'd consider a trade for a 911 turbo (993 or 997 coupe)
So...why not a 1984 308? Just sayin'....

Name:	magnum-pi-ferrarijpg.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	274.5 KB
ID:	217833
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, nas, nas 110