1991 300gd - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old September 1st, 2009, 09:48 AM
bitz
Jon
NAS D90, 85 D110 CSW, 66 Dormobile

1991 300gd

I mentioned this vehicle in another post and it seemed like there was a lot of interest in it so I figured I'd give it it's own post rather than hijacking the other guys post. It's a friend of mines truck. It has the 6cyl NA diesel with auto trans, 81k miles. It's in relly nice shape, these pictures do it no justice. When you see the truck in person the seats look like they've never been sat in and there is no rust to be seen. It's always been garaged and was an imported via registered importer I believe from Germany and has all DOT paper work. He's looking for $30k Any way if you are serious about purchasing it then let me know and I'll give you his contact info. If you're not serious please don't bother, he's an older guy and doesn't want to be bothered to much.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rearseats.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	21288   Click image for larger version

Name:	odo.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	21289  

Name:	gc_fs.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	21290   Click image for larger version

Name:	fs3.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	21291  

Name:	fs2.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	21292   Click image for larger version

Name:	frontseats.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	21293  

Name:	dash.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	21294  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 27th, 2010, 10:16 AM
inkblotz
Mark/Jacobson
1983 Mercedes 300GD

Is this vehicle still available? Are there any engine photos?

Thanks
Mark
Old January 27th, 2010, 10:26 AM
bitz
Jon

It is. If your seriously interested I can get you any photos you need. Let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 11th, 2010, 10:38 AM
bitz
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverso View Post
I would run the other direction on this truck. Was brought in by [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/SCOTTO%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]Export Auto Sales---does not have Dot or Epa certificates of any kind---I ran the VIN through the DOT and there is no record of this vehicle being imported properly. This same importer brought in several 97 Defender 110 and then later titled them as 1993 models.
Do you know what you are talking about? Export Auto Sales is a registered importer.
Old February 11th, 2010, 12:38 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Man you have the coolest trucks. I want this and your 110
Old February 11th, 2010, 01:01 PM
bitz
Jon

LOL. I wish this one was mine. This is a guy who lives in the town next to me.
Old February 26th, 2010, 04:04 PM
zimm
bart
anyone moves..... #238 sold

how is one to get a hold of you?
Old February 26th, 2010, 04:55 PM
bitz
Jon

I just pm'd you my phone number
Old February 26th, 2010, 11:36 PM
nikojo
John
D90 SW -- 2.8PS

That's actually a good price for a "no stories" 300GD although I would prefer the turbo diesel and "older" body style. I actually just picked this one up and am getting a turbo diesel put into it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC04494.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	25428  
Old February 27th, 2010, 07:09 PM
golden747
Tim Golden
Defender 130

Thumbs up

Jim ''the guy that owns the 91 gdiesel" is a good guy. I have purchased several vehicles from him in the past and i was also in germany with him when he purchased this vehicle. If you're thinking of purchasing this vehicle, rest assure Jim doted all his I's and crossed all his T's bringing it in. He is a very thorough RI and has been for many years.
Old March 8th, 2010, 02:48 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitz View Post
if you are serious about purchasing it then let me know and I'll give you his contact info.
I have a customer that would like to see/check this truck over to buy it. He's interested and he has the $$, no worries there. We have done 110 dealings with him and he is good to go, wants a G for his collection. Drop me a line with the sellers contact info. so I can put the two dudes together so they can make a deal.

Thanks

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old March 8th, 2010, 03:27 PM
zimm
bart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikojo View Post
That's actually a good price for a "no stories" 300GD although I would prefer the turbo diesel and "older" body style. I actually just picked this one up and am getting a turbo diesel put into it.
you think? ive been collecting actual sale prices on these. 30 seems high when compared to what g500's are selling for right now.

theres no point in better fuel mileage, if it comes out on the front end of a deal. also, the older g's are prone to corrosion. thats something to consider in value.

is it good for resale that the G hasnt changed since the 460-463 changeover, and they all look like a brand new 100,000 dollar tuck they sell today? maybe. the truck theyve been selling for the last 10 years is much better than the ones they sold previous going back to 79, and there are allot more of them. they are becoming available, and the, "this was 127,000 dollars in 1996 after import duties" and such, really doesnt mean anything in a market being flooded by better cheaper trucks.

------ Follow up post added March 8th, 2010 03:37 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverso View Post
I would run the other direction on this truck. Was brought in by [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/SCOTTO%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]Export Auto Sales---does not have Dot or Epa certificates of any kind---I ran the VIN through the DOT and there is no record of this vehicle being imported properly. This same importer brought in several 97 Defender 110 and then later titled them as 1993 models.
i didnt get anything on the europa trucks thru the dot either. i assume this would be the same. someone more familiar hooked me up with a contact at the gubberment. they will confirm, and it will cost you 19 bucks for a copy of the paperwork.

some states dont care what you register. i think maine is one of them.

------ Follow up post added March 8th, 2010 03:39 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikojo View Post
you think? ive been collecting actual sale prices on these. 30 seems high when compared to what g500's are selling for right now.

theres no point in better fuel mileage, if it comes out on the front end of a deal. also, the older g's are prone to corrosion. thats something to consider in value.

is it good for resale that the G hasnt changed since the 460-463 changeover, and they all look like a brand new 100,000 dollar tuck they sell today? maybe. the truck theyve been selling for the last 10 years is much better than the ones they sold previous going back to 79, and there are allot more of them. they are becoming available, and the, "this was 127,000 dollars in 1996 after import duties" and such, really doesnt mean anything in a market being flooded by better cheaper trucks.
Old March 8th, 2010, 03:53 PM
bitz
Jon

Hey Zimm talking shit about this truck and then trying to buy it from me for a lowball price via my email address is not the way to do business. Why don't you leave this post alone.

------ Follow up post added March 8th, 2010 03:57 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR View Post
I have a customer that would like to see/check this truck over to buy it. He's interested and he has the $$, no worries there. We have done 110 dealings with him and he is good to go, wants a G for his collection. Drop me a line with the sellers contact info. so I can put the two dudes together so they can make a deal.

Thanks
PM sent
Old March 8th, 2010, 04:07 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:

PM sent
Area code for that #?

Thanks

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old March 8th, 2010, 04:17 PM
bitz
Jon

Sorry just pm'd you
Old April 9th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Turbofan
Ethan
'73 SIII/ D90 Hybrid

Bitz, why don't you scoop it up? Your 110 is getting stale now, right? I mean, you've been driving it now for several months in a row. Time for a new ride?
Old April 9th, 2010, 11:35 PM
bitz
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbofan View Post
Bitz, why don't you scoop it up? Your 110 is getting stale now, right? I mean, you've been driving it now for several months in a row. Time for a new ride?
LOL. Yeah I have a tendancy to go through them pretty quick. Believe me, if this guy would budge on his price about 10k it would be in my driveway and my wifes subaru would be gone.
Old April 12th, 2010, 07:09 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Funny Jon, that was/is my thought exactly- $20k is the right price me thinks... I realize he is in deeper than that, but this is different times as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 12th, 2010, 02:53 PM
zimm
bart

Quote:
Hey Zimm talking shit about this truck and then trying to buy it from me for a lowball price via my email address is not the way to do business. Why don't you leave this post alone.

------ Follow up post added March 8th, 2010 03:57 PM ------

PM sent

you werent lowballed, and as a matter of fact when the owner got back to me , i told him a bought one already, and i think i told him the price. dont rightly recall. i wont pay a price for a used truck that i cant sell it for if i decide i dont like it. my homework consists of trucks that actually SELL, not dreamy asking prices.

hang in there, some sucker will come along. it just wont be me.
Old July 12th, 2010, 03:06 PM
bitz
Jon

Sorry didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I think the price is a bit steep myself. But then again it's not my truck so It doesn't really matter. Best of luck with your search.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles