1989 D90 LHD for sale, $16500 firm - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old June 25th, 2015, 12:20 PM
asif k.

1989 D90 LHD for sale, $16500 firm

On ebay. I have more than one, I have been posting about one with a bad engine, this is not that one. This has a very good engine, unrestored original condition. Titled and located in Portsmouth, Virginia. Its actually an 89 by VIN but Italian paperwork showed 1990 so its been imported and titled as a 1990.

Land Rover Defender | eBay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 28th, 2015, 02:00 PM
asif k.

Reserve lowered to 16k, BIN of 16.2k. For this price the few things that I offered in the original listing (flexible wheel arch, side mirror and spare tire bracket will not be included). Want to sell so I can get to my other defender. Thanks.
Old June 29th, 2015, 10:17 AM
asif k.

Final price reduction to $15750, if not sold I will get it painted and start over at a higher price. Good deal here in my opinion. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 29th, 2015, 10:27 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by asif k. View Post
Final price reduction to $15750, if not sold I will get it painted and start over at a higher price. Good deal here in my opinion. Thanks.
It shows well. I'd leave it alone. You will not see the return on your time and $ spent on a repaint.
Assuming this is the same vehicle with the reported blowby issue? Hope this solved itself with a little use.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...wby-62995.html
Old June 29th, 2015, 10:33 AM
asif k.

I think the tires are too small, a defender needs taller tires. The wheels should be silver. If the paint had been brighter with better pictures I would have had more action. Some inexpensive trim enhancement also goes a long way in improving looks. I just get lazy when it comes time to market them, for me the fun part is finding and importing.
Old June 29th, 2015, 10:39 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
I think the tires are too small, a defender needs taller tires. The wheels should be silver. If the paint had been brighter with better pictures I would have had more action. Some inexpensive trim enhancement also goes a long way in improving looks. I just get lazy when it comes time to market them, for me the fun part is finding and importing.
I don't know it may just need a bath, the photos make it look like it came off the boat and you put it for sale.

Honestly a few coats of wax, agree on the tires (needs new rubber and give those wheels a respray), a few cosmetic things like a front grill and maybe new wheel arches and light pliths and I think you would have an easier go of it. That weird dog guard needs to get gone (not sure it adds anything but previous usage/wear to the vehicle) and the fact that you state there are no rust spots but the photos clearly show a rattle can over rust spots make the ad seem dis-ingenious. You might be better served giving the truck a masked off paint job if selling is your primary concern.

I am offering this up not as critique but it seems you would like to sell this vehicle and everything above would assist in making that happen.
Old June 29th, 2015, 10:49 AM
asif k.

For rust, I said it has surface rust. Those footwells are solid, I didn't spend much time cleaning off the rust properly. Its stored at a warehouse away from home and I can't take my time to work on it there, its too hot and I don't want to spend a lot of time in a warehouse! It is fresh off the boat, its stored where it was unloaded and I got the title. The issue with the paint is that someone resprayed parts of it and its dull, I tried waxing it but nothing. It needs a respray.

------ Follow up post added June 29th, 2015 10:54 AM ------

The dog guard is an original item so I leave those on all defenders. In Italy almost all are without back seats and they have that guard.
Old June 29th, 2015, 11:05 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
For rust, I said it has surface rust. Those footwells are solid, I didn't spend much time cleaning off the rust properly. Its stored at a warehouse away from home and I can't take my time to work on it there, its too hot and I don't want to spend a lot of time in a warehouse! It is fresh off the boat, its stored where it was unloaded and I got the title. The issue with the paint is that someone resprayed parts of it and its dull, I tried waxing it but nothing. It needs a respray.

------ Follow up post added June 29th, 2015 10:54 AM ------

The dog guard is an original item so I leave those on all defenders. In Italy almost all are without back seats and they have that guard.
My comments were just suggestions, take them or leave them, I am not saying you are misrepresenting but the rattle can white over the rust areas isn't making a strong case, you should mask the interior and spray the floors ect, it would look 'cleaner' and I agree there doesn't seem to be a lot of rust on the vehicle it just looks like a cover up and most people who are in the market for a ROW truck for 16K don't realize its aluminum bodied and dissimilar metals blah blah blah.

The dog guard is a preference, you can include it in the sale but most people don't want it and it just tells me there was a dog living in the truck (again, I know you can hose the interior out but your potential market is thinking 'dog hair everywhere' and 'dog smell' when they see it).

I think you're trying to move this vehicle and I think those are really easy ways to market it to a wider group
Old June 29th, 2015, 11:16 AM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90

Registry
Seems like a great price for a LHD 90, to me.
Old June 29th, 2015, 11:17 AM
asif k.

Probably my next step to spray the interior and get some proper paint matched up from an auto paint store in rattle cans to respray it followed by clear coat or just take it to maaco. Investing a thousand dollars in it would make it show better with new tires.
Old June 29th, 2015, 11:41 AM
dendrite
John
97/D90 #147

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Assuming this is the same vehicle with the reported blowby issue?

Did this resolved/answered?

Quote:
Probably my next step to spray the interior and get some proper paint matched up from an auto paint store in rattle cans to respray it followed by clear coat or just take it to maaco. Investing a thousand dollars in it would make it show better with new tires.
Looking at this from a buyer's perspective, I wouldn't do it. It looks like given it's condition, this is going to be a good project for the new owner and if it were me I wouldn't want another mess on top of a mess. I don't think the price is out of line, but I'd want to see more photo's of the "under mat" condition, engine bay, etc.
Old June 29th, 2015, 11:42 AM
asif k.

Also, I have a soft top 1988 ROW 90 LHD coming up in a few weeks with a questionable engine, power steering not working. The body is fine, similar to this one. I will sell that one for 14k firm, give me a few weeks for pictures. Its a good base for a tdi/V8 conversion.
Old July 1st, 2015, 09:48 PM
asif k.

Ending in 30 minutes, I lifted the reserve.
Old July 1st, 2015, 10:33 PM
speedpin
Adam
1985 130 Gen IV

Registry
Sold

------ Follow up post added July 1st, 2015 10:34 PM ------

..not to me. Just sayin
Old July 1st, 2015, 10:36 PM
LostChord
Brian
86 D110 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedpin View Post
------ ..not to me. Just sayin
lol.
Old July 1st, 2015, 10:44 PM
asif k.

I guess it was bad pictures, maybe it was the greek crisis. The market is soft on ebay, another one almost identical to mine stalled at 13k yesterday and then a 110 rhd which is also advertised on this board only made it to 10k. Lots of defenders coming over I guess, though getting a LHD costs a lot more than UK version RHD's due to inavailability of RORO shipping from Italy. I might try France next time.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 09:05 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
I guess it was bad pictures, maybe it was the greek crisis. The market is soft on ebay, another one almost identical to mine stalled at 13k yesterday and then a 110 rhd which is also advertised on this board only made it to 10k. Lots of defenders coming over I guess, though getting a LHD costs a lot more than UK version RHD's due to inavailability of RORO shipping from Italy. I might try France next time.
You failed to answer these guys and makes it look like you are hiding something ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Assuming this is the same vehicle with the reported blowby issue? Hope this solved itself with a little use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendrite View Post

Did this resolved/answered?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old July 2nd, 2015, 09:13 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dro View Post
You failed to answer these guys and makes it look like you are hiding something ..
This looked like a solid D for the price and one of the better values crossing this forum. Given it was less than 4 hrs away to inspect, here is hoping you put in the winning bid.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 09:20 AM
asif k.

Who did I fail to answer? My original post clearly says 'this is not the one with the engine problem, i have more than one defender'.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
90, d90, for sale, lhd