Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old July 23rd, 2011, 10:45 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
1988 Range Rover Classic $1995

UPDATE: I have lowered the price to $1995. The AC has been recharged and now blows cold. New window switch installed. I also just changed out the bushing in the panhard rod with OEM bushings. Now tracks smooth with no vibration when going over bumps. Please email me with any questions.

avalon_8@hotmail.com

Original Post:

Hey everyone,

It's time for me to clean shop and my 88 RRC is up for sale. I got it last year and was using it as a daily driver until 5 months ago when my second baby was born. You can see the post here:

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...t=intervention

Don't let those pictures deceive you like it did me. It does not look THAT good. Just trying to be honest. The seller did not use up to date pics in the listing. Here are some pics as she sits this morning.

http://s1225.photobucket.com/albums/...VER%20CLASSIC/

Here are some issues with the truck, nothing I did since ownership, just how I got her. I tried to take pictures of everything so you can see. Let me know if you want anything specific:

cruise control does not work-maybe a fuse, I never looked into it
rear left window switch inop-I swapped switch with front window and it works, been meaning to buy a new switch
center console for the window switch needs rebuilding
left front tow ring broken
driver floor panel rust
some bubbling in the pain on the lower corner passenger side panels
Roofrack is old and rusted in some areas. Can still carry my Christmas tree though. Thule crossbars are new as of last year.
Small crack in windshield from stone
Headliner will need to be redone
AC needs a recharge, blew cool when I got her. Maybe because of the 14CUX I put it. Read somewhere that sometimes causes the AC not to work. I still have the original ECU which will come with the truck.

She's not perfect but perfectly useable. The engine starts right up and smooth. Transmission shifts smoothly. I can cruise at 75mph no problems. The cat rattles a little bit. The hi-lift and mount is not included. I will need that for my 110. I took the RRC to work this morning to refamiliarize myself and she runs just fine. The fanbelts do squeak a little but otherwise she runs great. I forgot to mention the PO put in a new fuel pump the week I bought her. I also think the rear tailgate is the aftermarket aluminum one. It looks too good to be an original 88. I really don't want to sell her but I got too many projects right now.

I got her for $3500, hoping to get $3000. Let me know if this is off, have not been following the market. Shipping not included. Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 2nd, 2011, 06:53 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Bumpity bump bump. I would like to get this truck to a good home without the hassle of ebay. What is this truck worth to you? Please let me know. Thanks

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old August 5th, 2011, 09:45 AM
grnthng
Luis A. Costa
'93 Range Rover County LWB

I can't believe this hasn't sold yet... things must be rough!!
From the outside, it looks very well taken care of! Keep trying man!

------ Follow up post added August 5th, 2011 09:51 AM ------

BTW....you are rite on the money... 88's don't come this clean anymore! Was it always Florida RR. ++++ no rust!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 26th, 2012, 09:19 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Bump--Lower Price $2500

Bump for lower price. Now asking $2500.

New window switch installed. I also just changed out the bushing in the panhard rod with OEM bushings. Now tracks smooth with no vibration when going over bumps. Please email me with any questions.

avalon_8@hotmail.com

Old March 5th, 2012, 09:37 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Bump for new updates

Old March 5th, 2012, 10:13 AM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
For the price this thing would make a beastly trail rig.
Old March 7th, 2012, 03:24 PM
SafariHP
Safari Heritage Parts
1983 Defender 110

Can you bring it by some time. If I recall I was jealous the last time you drove up in her. We are now located near 50 and Semeron. Just saying....
Old March 7th, 2012, 04:31 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Haha I'll give you a call sometime this week Stephen. How's that bumper coming along? Just sayin....

Old March 7th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Damnit, if you were farther north I might have some 'splainin to do to the wife.

Semper Fi!
Old October 28th, 2012, 05:01 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Bump.

$1995? Someone come take this please.

Charles I can't update the title. Can you update the price for me?

Old December 3rd, 2012, 05:29 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Update: Roof rack is gone.

I had a potential buyer come drive it and gave a verbal commitment. Said he didn't want the roof rack and asked me to take it off. I did and gave it away. Now he backs out and does not want to buy it so I am left with a RRC without a roofrack

Old January 3rd, 2013, 07:46 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Sold

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
1995, 95, classic, range rover