1988 Mitsubishi Delica diesel 4WD van! $11,000 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old August 17th, 2016, 07:10 AM
vtlandrover
Frank
1994 NAS Defender 90

1988 Mitsubishi Delica diesel 4WD van! $11,000

After posting about a Vanagon yesterday, I got to thinking that maybe someone on the defendersource would have an interest in a different van that my buddy is selling. I can attest to a few things about it: it's rust-free, for sure; it has at least a dozen zert-fittings at seemingly every pivot-point underneath; and it goes down the road beautifully. Truly an adventure-machine! And, given how many people on the board drive RHD vehicles (it's not my thing, or I'd have bought this long ago), maybe it's a good place to post? H-res pix (and contact info) here:

1988 Mitsubishi Delica 44 Diesel! - Village Car Company
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 17th, 2016, 08:24 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Any idea if it shares components with the same vintage Monteros??
Cool rig!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 17th, 2016, 08:30 AM
Al Blue4.6l
Allen
2006 LR3

A local place just put one up for sale as well. Neat vehicle.
https://www.japaneseclassics.com/veh...ca-star-wagon/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 17th, 2016, 09:50 AM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

That's neat. I was just looking to import one of these or something similar...like a Yota Town Ace (super cool!) or Hilux Surf. There's an outfit out of Oregon Japan PDX Imports that offers to hunt whatever you want down. One in good condition and a diesel are harder to get and go like hot cakes. Good luck with the sale!
Car Camping Collective founding member - Badge #88 ...with 4 whole fried chickens and a coke.
Old August 17th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

There is one imported from Japan to UK. Love it for the name, Bongo!
Old August 17th, 2016, 07:50 PM
Scottyoh
Enigma RnR
'87 127"
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader View Post
Any idea if it shares components with the same vintage Monteros??
Cool rig!!
Mitsubishi is notorious for recycling engineered parts. I'd be willing to bet this thing shares brakes, diffs, trans, tcase, and engine components. The Delicas, L200/Mighty Max, and Montero/Pajero all were optioned this 2.5L 4D56 diesel. Turbocharged was standard in the Pajero (Not US models) and optioned in the others. We used to grab junkyard diffs from the Monteros and Dodge Raiders for a cheap LSD upgrade for the Mighty Max and Starion guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfritz_03 View Post
That's neat. I was just looking to import one of these or something similar...like a Yota Town Ace (super cool!) or Hilux Surf. There's an outfit out of Oregon Japan PDX Imports that offers to hunt whatever you want down. One in good condition and a diesel are harder to get and go like hot cakes. Good luck with the sale!
Every couple months I check Japan auctions in search of a 4x4 crew cab L200 with the turbo diesel option. They are rare birds to find in any sort of good condition. Those and these Delicas always get snatched up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
My parents bought one new in '87. The captains chairs in the back are pretty cool. They swivel (lock every 45) and slide back and forth on tracks. Its a pretty short wheelbase, with a tiny turning circle.

Its got a 4cylinder engine, where i think the Monteros had a V6. Axles on the 2wd are a 5 lug pattern, Monteros 6. But I think the mighty Max were the same, 5 lug 2wd, 6 4wd.

-Jeff
Every Mighty Max or Ram 50/D50 I've had has been 6 lug, 2wd or 4wd. Same bolt pattern and center bore as the Toyotas. I sold two I had last week. One of them I swapped a turbo Eclipse engine into. I've been hunting for one of those old AWD Expos to swap next.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, diesel