1988 Defender 90 County Station Wagon - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old February 5th, 2015, 09:45 AM
DefenderOfTheRealm
Status: Offline
Mike Chidgey
1985 Defender 110
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Chester, NJ
Posts: 6
1988 Defender 90 County Station Wagon $22,500

Land Rover Defender 90 Station County Wagon, recently imported from Warwickshire, UK, having led a privileged, well maintained life to date, with no expense spared as regards servicing/repairs. First registered in 1988, therefore 25+ years old, equipped with original 2.5 19J turbo diesel engine, and original non-galvanised chassis, as per US Customs and Border Patrol requirements. Being 25+ years old EPA emissions regulations do not apply. Sorry, preaching to the converted here I know!
Original Solihull factory County spec, recently refinished in classic Epsom Green, with lovely Rostyle wheels and new all terrain tyres.
Starts on the button, drives beautifully, engine/gearbox run smoothly, no leaks/knocks.
Even has current UK MOT!
As you can see from pictures this Landy is a real headturner any enthusiast would be proud to drive.
Vehicle available to view in Chester Township, New Jersey, where all paperwork and VIN numbers can be verified as genuine, plus a test drive both on/off road arranged.
Should per chance you have your heart set on a 110 long wheel base Defender I will have both a diesel and gasoline V8 variant available shortly, both totally original and of equivalent quality.
Please email for further details/pictures, and a Skype call can also be arranged.
mikecflysb777s@gmail.com
Cheers,
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2445 JPG.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	112837   Click image for larger version

Name:	php02EDA8AM.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	112838  

Click image for larger version

Name:	phpaHj7gAAM.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	112839   Click image for larger version

Name:	phpAJvKEuAM.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	112840  

Click image for larger version

Name:	phpbP4WYTAM.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	112841   Click image for larger version

Name:	phphdIBsEAM.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	112842  

Click image for larger version

Name:	phpQyRaVIAM.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	112843   Click image for larger version

Name:	phpuZVLzwAM.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	112844  

Click image for larger version

Name:	phpx43AAzAM.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	112845   Click image for larger version

Name:	phpxrxNpeAM.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	112846  

Click image for larger version

Name:	phpZZE7nNAM.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	112847  
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old February 5th, 2015, 09:52 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
I've seen your ads on Craigslist - have been wondering who you were. Welcome. Also, we require a price in all for sale ads here, so please update.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenderOfTheRealm View Post
Land Rover Defender 90 Station County Wagon, recently imported from Warwickshire, UK, having led a privileged, well maintained life to date, with no expense spared as regards servicing/repairs. First registered in 1988, therefore 25+ years old, equipped with original 2.5 19J turbo diesel engine, and original non-galvanised chassis, as per US Customs and Border Patrol requirements. Being 25+ years old EPA emissions regulations do not apply. Sorry, preaching to the converted here I know!
Original Solihull factory County spec, recently refinished in classic Epsom Green, with lovely Rostyle wheels and new all terrain tyres.
Starts on the button, drives beautifully, engine/gearbox run smoothly, no leaks/knocks.
Even has current UK MOT!
As you can see from pictures this Landy is a real headturner any enthusiast would be proud to drive.
Vehicle available to view in Chester Township, New Jersey, where all paperwork and VIN numbers can be verified as genuine, plus a test drive both on/off road arranged.
Should per chance you have your heart set on a 110 long wheel base Defender I will have both a diesel and gasoline V8 variant available shortly, both totally original and of equivalent quality.
Please email for further details/pictures, and a Skype call can also be arranged.
mikecflysb777s@gmail.com
Cheers,
Mike
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old February 5th, 2015, 10:22 AM
DefenderOfTheRealm
Status: Offline
Mike Chidgey
1985 Defender 110
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Chester, NJ
Posts: 6
Thanks Rijosho,

Been meaning to join for a while. Often read the threads here as there's loads of great info there.
Yes, I've got this one up on craigslist but someone keeps sabotaging my ad by claiming its inappropriate!
I have to keep reposting it.
Funny that, a Land Rover ad among other Land rover ads being inappropriate. LOL
Cheers,

Mike
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old February 10th, 2015, 02:33 PM
DefenderOfTheRealm
Status: Offline
Mike Chidgey
1985 Defender 110
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Chester, NJ
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenderOfTheRealm View Post
Land Rover Defender 90 Station County Wagon, recently imported from Warwickshire, UK, having led a privileged, well maintained life to date, with no expense spared as regards servicing/repairs. First registered in 1988, therefore 25+ years old, equipped with original 2.5 19J turbo diesel engine, and original non-galvanised chassis, as per US Customs and Border Patrol requirements. Being 25+ years old EPA emissions regulations do not apply. Sorry, preaching to the converted here I know!
Original Solihull factory County spec, recently refinished in classic Epsom Green, with lovely Rostyle wheels and new all terrain tyres.
Starts on the button, drives beautifully, engine/gearbox run smoothly, no leaks/knocks.
Even has current UK MOT!
As you can see from pictures this Landy is a real headturner any enthusiast would be proud to drive.
Vehicle available to view in Chester Township, New Jersey, where all paperwork and VIN numbers can be verified as genuine, plus a test drive both on/off road arranged.
Should per chance you have your heart set on a 110 long wheel base Defender I will have both a diesel and gasoline V8 variant available shortly, both totally original and of equivalent quality.
Please email for further details/pictures, and a Skype call can also be arranged.
mikecflysb777s@gmail.com
Cheers,
Mike
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Class...23?sk=timeline
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old February 10th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Rocky's Avatar
Rocky
Status: Offline
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Colonies Aka Boston
Posts: 8,765
Might as well add for any diesel you import to the US, that it is not for sale in all 50 States.

California is a no diesel zone.
__________________
A friend of mine runs a land rover / range rover specialty repair shop. Based on his experience, they are capable of stopping anywhere, anytime, at any cost.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old February 10th, 2015, 03:00 PM
DefenderOfTheRealm
Status: Offline
Mike Chidgey
1985 Defender 110
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Chester, NJ
Posts: 6
California/smog

Hi Rocky,

Shall we say 49 then?
Here's something interesting though that I found on the California DMV website last week re smog exemptions. See link below; you might have to copy and paste.
Perhaps its a recent change but what I take from it is that any diesel vehicle 1997 or older is exempt. I was a bit surprised actually.
You might let me know what you think...


https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1...smogfaq#BM2536
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old February 10th, 2015, 03:08 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenderOfTheRealm View Post
Hi Rocky,

Shall we say 49 then?
Here's something interesting though that I found on the California DMV website last week re smog exemptions. See link below; you might have to copy and paste.
Perhaps its a recent change but what I take from it is that any diesel vehicle 1997 or older is exempt. I was a bit surprised actually.
You might let me know what you think...


https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1...smogfaq#BM2536
This is a little clearer.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=59447
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old February 10th, 2015, 03:16 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Do you have any pics of it in the US yet?
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old February 10th, 2015, 03:24 PM
DefenderOfTheRealm
Status: Offline
Mike Chidgey
1985 Defender 110
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Chester, NJ
Posts: 6
California/smog

Now I am confused!
Reminds me a bit of when I lived in Dubai - there was a lot of conflicting regulations for just about most things.
I might email Cal DMV for clarification.
I know - good luck with that one!
Like I mentioned, the smog exemption note on the Cal DMV page had me surprised as it implies no smog test for '97 diesels or older.
If anyone else would care to look at that link/have any thoughts?

------ Follow up post added February 10th, 2015 03:28 PM ------

Joshua,
I'm away from home due work for the next couple of weeks unfortunately, sorry. I'll remedy the situation then.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old February 10th, 2015, 03:35 PM
psykokid
Status: Offline
Jake
1997 Disco
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 523
Getting non NAS trucks that have not been registered in another state previously registered in CA is hit or miss at best. If the truck has been previously registered in another state after being imported your chances are better, especially with a diesel. But as others have found, it can still be a crapshoot. With a gas engined truck you have to fight the whole smog/emissions standards BS depending on which way the wind is blowing that day..
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
defender, defender 90, 90

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1989 Defender 110 County Station Wagon Turbo Diesel LHD in Spain Piero81 For Sale - Vehicles 7 January 9th, 2015 02:12 PM
Landrover Defender 110 County Station Wagon LHD 1987 Dogger For Sale - Vehicles 18 January 2nd, 2015 02:01 PM
For Sale 2003 (53) Land Rover Defender 90 Genuine County Station Wagon 11495 Sharpee For Sale - Vehicles 0 April 23rd, 2014 05:57 AM
1988 Defender 110 Station Wagon, looks/ drives great. UK imports? ZombieMotors For Sale - Vehicles 39 December 17th, 2012 12:05 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Copyright