1988 Defender 110 Station Wagon, looks/ drives great. UK imports? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old December 14th, 2012, 08:50 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrc.swb View Post
Wow!

From Porsche to Defender. At least he has good taste.
Banned from Pelican, so that rules out Porsche. The mods could do everyone a favor to rule out Defenders as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unclezak.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	62721  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 14th, 2012, 09:03 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Banned from Pelican, so that rules out Porsche. The mods could do everyone a favor to rule out Defenders as well.
Crickey!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old December 14th, 2012, 10:29 AM
ZombieMotors
Zak Mosieur
1987 Defender 110/300tdi

Well, good morning Fellas. Zak here. I just checked in and read all these posts, and well, I feel like I am expected to come up and make a statement here in public? I feel that is pretty pathetic if I have to come make a statement here - So a bunch of people, who have never dealt with me at all, can make comment after negative comment about my character/ business practices. This feels like an opportunity for a bunch of guys in their boxer shorts sitting in front of their computers get a chance to make snarky comments and tear into someone they have never spoken to or dealt with - but have only read comments about on online bulletin board - Which is why I am reluctant now, as I was THEN (7,8 years ago) to air out my problems/ and subsequent resolutions ON A BULLETIN BOARD. Since I am expected to 'defend myself' here, here you go: I had a couple of legitimate issues years ago on the Pelican site. As usual with that board (and as this one is doing now) when one person make a comment (Thief! Crook! Kill him!) it seems dozens of guys jump on the pile, and anytime I posted anything there exactly this would happen. I also did not get up on the board and EXPLAIN MY SIDE OF THE STORY , because I felt it was no one else's business but the principle players in that particular drama. I have always had a money-back return policy, and honor it. I did a lot of car and parts business. Sometimes there are problems. I am reasonable. (IF you actually read those threads, people who have ACTUALLY DEAL WITH ME would try to stand up for me. The 'flamers' for the most part had no dealings or contact with me) I had customers who occasionally wanted their money back, but also wanted to keep their part or car, which did not seem reasonable to me. When I required a return for a refund, well, one particular guy who is well-entrenched and respected, and a bit crooked in his dealings did not want to surrender a return, but wanted a full refund for a car. I said no. He began what I would characterize as a 'flaming campaign' any time I , or anyone else ever posted anything there. I did not publicly comment. It was assumed I was guilty because I did not pop up there and defend myself. I felt that by doing so only would provide cheap amusement for a bunch of strangers who had nothing to do with it, as well as looking even 'more guilty' by launching a defense, as well as giving even more fodder to everyone to comment on all day, which is exactly what will happen here, case in point.

When I did, after a year make a defensive stand on that board, it was immediately removed and I was banned from the board. Nice.

So now you know, Fellas.

I'll just take my Defenders and tdi engines and beat it then. I'm sure you will feel smug now and think that you have 'weeded out another crook', but you are wrong. I've been doing good business, and have years' worth of satisfied customers and references, not that any of you would care to hear any of that since you would rather discuss a shooting in a mall, it seems.

I would like to note the only place I had people make these comment was on that one site, and looking back, it would have been a lot better for me to have been effectively blackmailed into sending a payment, and not suffering the wrath of a bulletin board.

I would have preferred to remain silent as I still feel like none of this is your business, but it seems a response was expected or necessary from you somehow. I am really dreading all the judgement I'll be reading from you armchair arbiters out there. I suppose this is a new brand of sport? Bulletin Board Sniping? Who will make the most clever comment of all? (At the expense of someones feelings) Who will appear the most MANLY when they suggest that they would beat said 'crook' senseless with their bare hands? Have their 'Hells Angels' buddies go kill him? I suppose I have your attention again now - Violence!

I'll regret hitting 'post' now and I know it, but you seemed to want a response. I guess I'll get to find out what its like to get flamed on your site now as well. What can I say? Knock yourselves out, Fellas.

With Fear and Loathing, yours, Zak Mosieur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 14th, 2012, 11:12 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Sometimes people can be judged by their prior actions, that much is true. People also have a chance to redeem themselves, which is also true.

I, quite frankly, don't care much about peoples prior dealings and am generally willing to give most folks a chance. My only issue is posting a truck - that is currently in the UK - for sale on a US forum, as was evidenced by my prior post. And using photos (intentionally) that left the UK number plate out of the picture to create an illusion that the truck is in the states (even though you did state arrival mid-Jan).

This particular truck is not in the states. Not titled in the states. And until it is, it's tough to claim legal "ownership" or "sell" said truck to someone that is in the states (which is what you were looking to do by posting this in the "For Sale" thread).

If you want a second chance, then bring the truck in, get it titled/registered/etc and ready for resale. That's how things should be done, and is a good way to keep things on the up-and-up (much like Paul said in his post #8: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...35&postcount=8).

Just my $0.02.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old December 14th, 2012, 11:18 AM
bicyclegarage
Scott
none

165 pos feedback on ebay is some work. My big worry about your trucks though is that you were trying to sell them in transit. To me that's a risk . With a grey market truck I want one that is in the country with a title registered ready to pick up. And Ill give you 8500 for the red 110 and say lots of good stuff about you when it gets here.
Old December 14th, 2012, 11:19 AM
DGH
David Howe
None

Ebay

Fair enough.

However, you wrote, "This truck has been collected" at 4:14 PM yesterday, about 1:00 Pacific time. As of that time the truck was still for sale on Ebay. A bid was rejected at "Dec-13-12 01:27:17 PST"

Care to comment on that?

------ Follow up post added December 14th, 2012 11:23 AM ------

Jason - the original post says,

"This truck has been collected and is scheduled to sail in about 10 days, so it's arrival date here in Portland is expected to be in Mid-January."
Defender - in the market
Old December 14th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGH View Post
Fair enough.

However, you wrote, "This truck has been collected" at 4:14 PM yesterday, about 1:00 Pacific time. As of that time the truck was still for sale on Ebay. A bid was rejected at "Dec-13-12 01:27:17 PST"

Care to comment on that?

------ Follow up post added December 14th, 2012 11:23 AM ------

Jason - the original post says,

"This truck has been collected and is scheduled to sail in about 10 days, so it's arrival date here in Portland is expected to be in Mid-January."

I'm not sure why Zak feels so persecuted on this forum. In reading this thread I don't see the pack of hyena's ripping into him that he seems to perceive. Listing a truck for sale and posting pictures from a Uk dealers current ebay listing isn't good form but not dishonest if he's bought the truck.

Good luck with sale.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old December 14th, 2012, 12:29 PM
RiftRover
Mike Barnett

The ebay listing does say now sold, even though it appears you can still make an offer.
Old December 14th, 2012, 01:06 PM
DGH
David Howe
None

For the record I didn't intend to attack Zack. And you'll note that I corrected Jason's false accusation.

As you all know there have been plenty of supposedly "great" Defenders being marketed from England. In fact they seem to dominate Ebay. Being there is one thing, being here is another.

Maybe Zack bought the thing in a private transaction, who knows? But the timestamps don't match his story. Given the various scams that pop up on Ebay, given the inconsistency of the OP and given the fact that he ignored this question in his follow-up rant, I think it is reasonable to ask again. And I hope I asked politely.

Finally, my signature line notes that I am in the market for a Defender. I'm not trolling Zach's sale.

Good luck Zack.
Defender - in the market
Old December 14th, 2012, 01:26 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGH View Post
For the record I didn't intend to attack Zack. And you'll note that I corrected Jason's false accusation.
My only beef was in general selling a truck that is still in the UK on a US forum (even if it was openly admitted, which I did allude to in my last post). So wasn't accusing, just saying that I take issue with that. Seems like Zak is willing (or going to) bring it in, get it titled, etc. In my opinion once that is complete is the time to list it "for sale".
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old December 14th, 2012, 01:50 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Anyone who wants to sell in this forum had better have their schmidt together and know their audience before dipping a toe in this, the very deepest end of the pool.
Those who do will do just fine. 'Nuf said.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old December 14th, 2012, 01:59 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
A manic defense of character does not negate an inherently fraudulent sale. Think Bernie Madoff.

Also, it is not unreasonable to do business only with individuals who have never cheated anyone, ever.
Old December 14th, 2012, 02:20 PM
ZombieMotors
Zak Mosieur
1987 Defender 110/300tdi

I am not trying to defend my character here, Ed. You take issue if I say something, you take issue if I say nothing, you want to discuss in a public forum, and you are calling me a 'fraud' without having dealt with me. I feel this is some sort of amusement for you. Bernie Madoff?

As far as my need to post, publicly, my payment and shipping details of the truck and container, I feel this is not your business, unless you are legitimately interested in doing business with me, which I feel you're not. You're looking out for the interest of the other members of the board here, that is commendable, too. I have not intention of listing or trying to sell any more trucks here until they are on the ground and you can come and inspect in person. That makes good business sense as well as being practical for everyone involved.

I am not 'avoiding' replying about the details of who/where/when the truck was purchased, paid for or collected here, I just don't see how those details are your business, and anything I post now looks like I am 'being defensive'. I will say however, if you feel you are entitled to this information, message me directly or better yet for those of you who seem to have taken issue with me already, or are sincerely interested in talking about importing a truck or parts, call me: 503-505-7113

This is the last of my public response about this. If you feel you require further discussion, message or call me. Thanks - Zak
Old December 14th, 2012, 08:29 PM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

So does this mean I won't get a free 200 tdi and transmission?

Unknown Author

716-898-8153
Old December 14th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Skeena river rover
jeroen
1997 300 TDI 110

To funny!
Old December 15th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Wavey
Dave Thomas
none

You fellows have already figured this out, but as one who unfortunately had dealings with him on the Porsche forum let me confirm: You will never meet a bigger douche than Uncle Zak.
Old December 16th, 2012, 10:02 AM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

Zombie

Hmmm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-12-15 16_56_43.jpg (122.4 KB, 289 views)

Old December 16th, 2012, 09:55 PM
neo812
Kris
1985 Tithonus

I don't normally chime in here.
But ,I will say this.I saw this guys ads on Ebay and immediately called bullshit. His description of the truck itself shows no real knowledge of these trucks at all. Then as Doug pointed out about he LHD conversion, which he mentioned in his ad. That is F-ing impossible. I couldn't do that conversion for that 5-8 yrs ago when the parts where more readily available.
I have been dealing with our vendors for years buying parts for my Rovers and never ONCE have I been burned ,or had issues that weren't easily resolved. Now apparently he feels that bad dealing in the past ,even one, should be overlooked and let go. Well, I for one work hard for the money I waste on my Rovers, and do not want to get screwed out of it by some guy who pops up, and will be gone in a few years, never to be heard from again.
So good call outing him, I just wish there was a way to warn every prospective Defender owner about these guys that seem to be popping up all over these days.
Old December 16th, 2012, 11:32 PM
ZombieMotors
Zak Mosieur
1987 Defender 110/300tdi

Hi guys- I just wanted to step in here one more time (to allay any opinion that my silence equals agreement) and say that because some people on a bulletin board call you a thief, does not make that true. I understand why a lot of guys here who sell parts and trucks may not like my ad, especially my 'low' prices and want to call names. I do promise not to post anything else here for sale unless I have it physically on hand to show prospective buyers, and I also promise to raise those prices in the future to alleviate your suspicions of inferior product. I won't list things here for sale at all if this is the reception my ads would bring. I feel my trucks and parts will eventually make their way out to you anyway, and you will hear positive reports and probably try to contact me at that point.

As far as name calling goes, I think that is pretty weak to call someone dirty names without ever meeting them or having contact with them, and it seems pretty weak to call someone these names at all on a bulletin board. Can't you make your point without stooping to schoolyard insults?

I'm sure this is just funny amusement to some of you. Others of you feel threatened that someone else is stepping into your business, maybe. You'll make fun of this post, and think I am acting defensive or lying. If you take issue with me, why not contact me directly so I could respond to you, and not in some forum where I can't?

As I said earlier, I'll bow out and not peddle anything here anymore, but that does not mean I agree that anything you said about me was correct. - Goodnight
Old December 17th, 2012, 12:05 AM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieMotors View Post
This is the last of my public response about this. If you feel you require further discussion, message or call me. Thanks - Zak
And we have gone full circle.....

Honestly Zack, if you feel that everyone is wrong, run your business and prove it. If your doing good things you'll get customers. If your not it will spread across the Land Rover community faster than the clap at a whore house on pay day.

Unknown Author

716-898-8153

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, defender, defender 110, drives, import